In BBOS 7, one can search the app store and sort by different variables, e.g. chronologically or alphabetically, or ratings, etc...

However I can't find such a search setting in BB10's appstore. Anyone know how to sort?

Thanks.

(I'm hoping this is not yet another feature that Blackberry abandoned when moving from OS7 to OS10).
    12-07-18 09:25 AM
    In BBOS 7, one can search the app store and sort by different variables, e.g. chronologically or alphabetically, or ratings, etc...

However I can't find such a search setting in BB10's appstore. Anyone know how to sort?

Thanks.

(I'm hoping this is not yet another feature that Blackberry abandoned when moving from OS7 to OS10).
    No such thing.

The BB10 appstore is closing in 12 months, so you won't see any new features.
    12-07-18 09:49 AM
    No such thing.
    No such surprise either.

Yeah I know.
    12-07-18 10:39 AM
    No such thing.

Btw, Conite - any idea as to why such basic features in BB10 (e.g. the ability to sort in the app store), were omitted by Blackberry (whilst they existed for years in OS7)? It's a running theme for BB10.

Mute point I know, given the end is nigh, but would be interesting to hear your or others' thoughts.
    12-07-18 11:01 AM
    Btw, Conite - any idea as to why such basic features in BB10 (e.g. the ability to sort in the app store), were omitted by Blackberry (whilst they existed for years in OS7)? It's a running theme for BB10.

Mute point I know, given the end is nigh, but would be interesting to hear your or others' thoughts.
    I'm not sure. Play Store is the same. Probably developer-driven to not favour one app over another.
    12-07-18 11:06 AM
    maybe they didn't find enough apps to sort around
    and oh ya if they did
    most apps in BlackBerry world are lame cus when you try selecting games a bunch of them would be new arrivals and the other just seriously boring and I think most would be underrated!
    and also if you are new to BlackBerry and you try searching anything it wouldn't show up cus what so far I noticed is that only a few apps are good!
    Sorry if I went too far
    sssooorrrrrryyy!
    Oh y

Posted via CB10
    12-07-18 11:09 AM

Plenty of ways to search in BBW as far as I'm concerned. I respectfully disagree with you. I use the Categories tab then you get sub searches for all, New Arrivals (lol) etc. At this point we're even lucky to have any sort of store. Anyway it's worked well for me for the last 5 plus years.
    12-07-18 11:41 AM
    I have wondered since day one how they got BB-World app icons to display when you scan the code for them.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-18 11:42 AM
    Plenty of ways to search in BBW as far as I'm concerned. I respectfully disagree with you. I use the Categories tab then you get sub searches for all, New Arrivals (lol) etc. At this point we're even lucky to have any sort of store. Anyway it's worked well for me for the last 5 plus years.
    true
    I agree on your point because they may have arrived at better ways to search for and thus ignoring the basic feature

Posted via CB10
    12-07-18 11:44 AM
    I have wondered since day one how they got BB-World app icons to display when you scan the code for them.
    Nice component.
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-07-18 12:19 PM
    Plenty of ways to search in BBW as far as I'm concerned.
    Agreed.

I respectfully disagree with you. I use the Categories tab then you get sub searches for all
    Hehe, you can't disagree with fact. I wasn't talking about searching per se. I was specifically talking about the ability to sort those searches in a manner offered by BBOS7.
    Remember BBOS7's appstore also offers search via categories like BB10, except BB10's appstore is missing the additional sorting functions that BBOS7 came with.

At this point we're even lucky to have any sort of store.
    Not really, seeing as though they barely gave us a few months notice regarding the elimination of all paid apps. As a result of this short notice, some of us only realised days before all paid apps were pulled, and I've missed out on some awesome premiums, such as Kalemsoft Media Player.
    12-07-18 12:50 PM

Coming from BBOS over to BB10, it felt like so many positive features were, just, missing. Somebody explained to me, somewhere back then, it was due to BB10 personnel were siloed and developed everything away from the BBOS folks. The idea was to develop Android/IOS style OS and leave the BBOS thinking behind.
    12-09-18 08:40 AM