I must be missing something here, but in the default Videos app, how to do I play all videos?

I.e. what I want is, if I select a video to play, then I also want all the other videos that are listed after the selected video - to play as well.

However, right now, when the selected video plays, and once that video is finished playing, there is no continuation on to the next video in the list.

Thanks.
    11-25-18 09:46 AM
    I guess there is no option like that. However you could use SuperTube. It's a YouTube app but it also plays back local videos. In the settings you could enable the "Auto play next video" option to play all local videos.
    11-25-18 11:37 AM
    I must be missing something here, but in the default Videos app, how to do I play all videos?

I.e. what I want is, if I select a video to play, then I also want all the other videos that are listed after the selected video - to play as well.

However, right now, when the selected video plays, and once that video is finished playing, there is no continuation on to the next video in the list.

Thanks.
    The native 3rd party app "Star Player" can do what you are asking. You have to create a folder playlist but then it will play all videos in that folder.
    11-25-18 11:55 AM
    I guess there is no option like that.
    Wow, what a surprise! (Not). I was actually half expecting that feature to be missing given Blackberry's record. So many basic things which Blackberry phones should be doing by default are missing, which are basic features of other phones.

Seriously, no auto play of the next video on their default app? Ridiculous. Granted, on its own, it might not be that big of a deal, but so many of these issues eventually add up. This is just yet another example why Blackberry really messed things up.

However you could use SuperTube. It's a YouTube app but it also plays back local videos. In the settings you could enable the "Auto play next video" option to play all local videos.
    The native 3rd party app "Star Player" can do what you are asking. You have to create a folder playlist but then it will play all videos in that folder.
    Thanks for your suggestions, will check them out.
    11-25-18 04:28 PM
    Wow, what a surprise! (Not). I was actually half expecting that feature to be missing given Blackberry's record. So many basic things which Blackberry phones should be doing by default are missing, which are basic features of other phones.

Seriously, no auto play of the next video on their default app? Ridiculous. Granted, on its own, it might not be that big of a deal, but so many of these issues eventually add up. This is just yet another example why Blackberry really messed things up.

Thanks for your suggestions, will check them out.
    What video player are you using that is "default" ? Isn't it a google app? What would that have to do with BlackBerry?
    11-25-18 04:38 PM
    So many basic things which Blackberry phones should be doing by default are missing, which are basic features of other phones.
    I disagree as many of the default video players in android devices do NOT have the autoplay function. That's why players such as VLC and other 3rd party apps are installed if they are needed. I've never had a need to use the player the way you want it to but it's an easy fix with Kalemsoft or Star Player in any case.
    11-25-18 05:19 PM
    What video player are you using that is "default" ? Isn't it a google app? What would that have to do with BlackBerry?
    No, it's the default app, simply called, "Videos".

I disagree as many of the default video players in android devices do NOT have the autoplay function. That's why players such as VLC and other 3rd party apps are installed if they are needed. I've never had a need to use the player the way you want it to but it's an easy fix with Kalemsoft or Star Player in any case.
    Fair point about Android actually, as I don't use it. But iOS supports it via iTunes, and even BBOS7 by default supported autoplay. A lot of good things about BBOS7 didn't make it to BB10.
    11-26-18 08:44 AM
    No, it's the default app, simply called, "Videos".

Fair point about Android actually, as I don't use it. But iOS supports it via iTunes, and even BBOS7 by default supported autoplay. A lot of good things about BBOS7 didn't make it to BB10.
    Hmm, there is no such default app on my device.
    11-26-18 08:46 AM
    Hmm, there is no such default app on my device.
    It's the red icon:

https://assets.pcmag.com/media/image...amp;height=456
    11-26-18 08:50 AM
    it's an easy fix with Kalemsoft or Star Player in any case.
    I can't seem to find Kalemsoft on BBWorld. I'm guessing they've removed it?
    11-26-18 08:52 AM
    My mistake. I didn't even realize we were in the BB10 apps section of the forum. I was thinking on BlackBerry Android devices.
    11-26-18 08:53 AM
    I can't seem to find Kalemsoft on BBWorld. I'm guessing they've removed it?
    Yes, sorry, that was a paid app and so now only available if you had paid previously. IMHO it was one of the best BB10 apps ever made. Rarely ever use it on my Passport but I still use it on my PlayBook on occasion. Star Player is excellent also. I used it the other day to play videos continuously just to make sure before I recommended it to you.
    11-26-18 08:58 AM