Hello to everyone,

I'm a new in the blackberry world,because some days ago I bought the passport. The first thing that I did has been to install the google play store following this guide :

https://sideloadplaystore.com/instal...blackberry-10/

and then I went on the playstore and I've installed whatsapp,version : 2.19.258.

the problem is that it does not work,telling that the google play services are not supported by my device. How can I fix this error ?
    10-02-19 08:47 AM
    How can I fix this error ?
    You don't really. Uninstall that version and download it from WhatsApp directly. Android. When it says that, tap outside the box and it will mostly work fine.
    10-02-19 12:01 PM
    Hello to everyone,

I'm a new in the blackberry world,because some days ago I bought the passport. The first thing that I did has been to install the google play store following this guide :

https://sideloadplaystore.com/instal...blackberry-10/

and then I went on the playstore and I've installed whatsapp,version : 2.19.258.

the problem is that it does not work,telling that the google play services are not supported by my device. How can I fix this error ?
    You can also remove all of that Cobalt stuff and simply replace it with Yalp:

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk
    10-02-19 12:08 PM
    can u show me how to remove the cobalt stuff ? thanks.
    10-02-19 12:46 PM
    can u show me how to remove the cobalt stuff ? thanks.
    Just delete the Cobalt apps you installed - same as you would any other app.
    10-02-19 03:42 PM
    I don't know if I remove the right apps. For example between the apps I see something like this : 1) account google 2) blackberry google ID 3) google settings. Are these the apps that I should remove ?
    10-02-19 03:55 PM
    it works. thanks.
    10-02-19 04:14 PM
    I don't know if I remove the right apps. For example between the apps I see something like this : 1) account google 2) blackberry google ID 3) google settings. Are these the apps that I should remove ?
    Yes.
    10-02-19 05:33 PM
    what's the trick here ? why whatsapp works great even without the cobalt stuff ? is yalp which contains the necessary libraries to make it works ? or some other component ?
    10-03-19 06:55 AM
    what's the trick here ? why whatsapp works great even without the cobalt stuff ? is yalp which contains the necessary libraries to make it works ? or some other component ?
    No, Yalp is just a simple Play Store client.

WhatsApp works fine by itself.
    10-03-19 07:15 AM
    Hello. I have a lot of apps that are installed on the android phone that I want to transfer in the passport. what's the method ? how can I install the apps directly on the passport ?
    10-06-19 03:27 PM
    Hello. I have a lot of apps that are installed on the android phone that I want to transfer in the passport. what's the method ? how can I install the apps directly on the passport ?
    Unfortunately, the answer is just no. Except for when the answer is also no.

Use Yalp for installing apps you absolutely need if there’s not any native BB10 app currently or ever available.

Keep in mind you’re running BB10 OS hardware. It’s not meant to be Android replacement. The Android version is stuck on 4.3 Jellybean and installing or running too many could actually result in hardware problems from overheating.
    10-06-19 03:44 PM
    Hey marietto,

You can't transfer these apps directly to the Passport, but you can install them on the Passport itself in many cases. Do you have a lot of Android games or just apps mainly?

However, it's important to note that as Chuck says the Passport is NOT an Android phone. It runs Blackberry 10, an OS that provides a very smooth experience for native apps but which has limited Android compatibility. If you want an Android phone you may not want the Passport, but if you're wanting a security and privacy-based phone that can also run some Android apps it's definitely a solid device.
    10-07-19 06:35 PM
    Hey marietto,

You can't transfer these apps directly to the Passport, but you can install them on the Passport itself in many cases. Do you have a lot of Android games or just apps mainly?

However, it's important to note that as Chuck says the Passport is NOT an Android phone. It runs Blackberry 10, an OS that provides a very smooth experience for native apps but which has limited Android compatibility. If you want an Android phone you may not want the Passport, but if you're wanting a security and privacy-based phone that can also run some Android apps it's definitely a solid device.
    I forgot we had some actual serious threads going on here. We’re have too much fun...
    10-07-19 06:46 PM
    I forgot we had some actual serious threads going on here. We’re have too much fun...
    It's sometimes easy to get lost in the back-and-forth among the frequent posters here. The more fun the better, I say....
    10-07-19 06:47 PM
    oh come on boys. who of us don't want everything ? I'm not the only one who wants a full BB and Android experience ? don't blame me for this. I know that the android emulation is old,but I hope that most of the apps that I want can run on my passport. And I don't care if they can run natively or with the emulation. I care only that they work. These are the apps that I really need : 1) adblock 2) microsoft authenticator 3) automate 4) ho. mobile manager 5) kasa 6) lettera senza busta 7) new pipe 8) rapido screenshot (or any other equivalent) 9) shazam 10) vlc 11) textra...
    10-08-19 03:36 AM
    oh come on boys. who of us don't want everything ? I'm not the only one who wants a full BB and Android experience ? don't blame me for this. I know that the android emulation is old,but I hope that most of the apps that I want can run on my passport. And I don't care if they can run natively or with the emulation. I care only that they work. These are the apps that I really need : 1) adblock 2) microsoft authenticator 3) automate 4) ho. mobile manager 5) kasa 6) lettera senza busta 7) new pipe 8) rapido screenshot (or any other equivalent) 9) shazam 10) vlc 11) textra...
    You won’t find a more zealous BB10 proponent than Mister TrumpetTiger and few others as well. It’s stuck on ART 4.3 while many apps require ART 4.4 or even higher nowadays. Perhaps TT can help some but his earlier reply suggested initial realities in 2019 for many reasons.
    10-08-19 07:22 AM
    I think your (APK) app appetite may need to be placed on a leaner diet and I'm not sure all those are able to work or needed.
    I think best thing to do is enjoy and explore what BB10 does well and then decide what is absolutely needed for addons
    Example: textra and rapido screenshot are definitely not needed.

Instead of NewPipe I use Videoder (version videoder_v14.1)

Blackberry World has an authentication app.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/29401059

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-08-19 at 09:00 AM.
    10-08-19 07:25 AM
    I checked and I can use youtube via Firefox browser. It plays in background. not needed new pipe anymore. -1 :P. I haven't a big appetite,man. I can survive with a few apps. I love the passport too much and I accept it for what it can give me. But try to understand that I'm new in this world. Until yesterday I used android...for shazam I can use SoundHound. what about a ads blocks ? it is important to avoid the invasion of the ads...
    Last edited by marietto2008; 10-08-19 at 09:47 AM.
    10-08-19 09:26 AM
    I checked and I can use youtube via Firefox browser. It plays in background. not needed new pipe anymore. -1 :P. I haven't a big appetite,man. I can survive with a few apps. I love the passport too much and I accept it for what it can give me. But try to understand that I'm new in this world. Until yesterday I used android...for shazam I can use SoundHound. what about a ads blocks ? it is important to avoid the invasion of the ads...
    Nothing you can do about ads, at least from a system-wide point of view.

You can use ad-blocking browsers though.

Unfortunately you can't block trackers at all in BB10 as you can with Android.
    10-08-19 09:53 AM
    I use Shazam also and if you have a problem I can let you know what version I'm using
    10-08-19 10:00 AM
    NewPipe (legacy version) works fine on the Passport.
    10-08-19 10:08 AM
    Many apps do not show up on my google play store. When I look up on priv, I can see them. For eg. I simply cannot see meercat app. My husband could see it on his iphone. I could see it on my priv. I cannot see it on my passport. It is the case of many apps.

I see above a suggestion of removing cobalt. I had downloaded something like that from this forum years ago. I don't know how to remove them. I don't even know where to look for it. Would you be able to help me using screenshots please because I am simply don't understand how all this works. Sorry for sounding difficult. Thanks in advance for any advise to help me fix these problems.

ps: my blackberry passport version is 10.3.3.2137. It is updated as far as I know.
    10-27-19 03:48 AM
    I posted for an advise here. I cannot find it!
    10-27-19 03:58 AM
    Passport has very old Android version 4.3 and there is no way to upgrade it. Any app demanding newer version of Android does not show in play store, because it is not able to install/run on Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-19 07:39 AM
36 12