06-19-14 08:36 AM
85 123 ...
tools
    Hello,

Some of you may know me as the creator of BBGPSGolf. I have since restarted my projects and I have build a version of my GPS Golfing Application for BlackBerry 10 using Cascades. There is also a version for the old BlackBerry OS 6 and 7 posted under the same link within BlackBerry World. I think the BB OS 6 and 7 OS application is feature complete, and if there are any major bugs I will look at getting them fixed (none reported so far).

App Name: How Far Am I
    The Application has been accepted into BlackBerry World

Link: BlackBerry World - How Far Am I?
    How Far Am I? is a Golf Range Finder application built for BlackBerry 10 and BBOS 6/7-download.png

Summary:
    This has been a long time coming to get this application posted into BlackBerry World. I had to jump through a lot of legal hoops at my company that I work for to get my application posted within BlackBerry World, and it is a great feeling to finally get it in. (Was stuck with legal for about 5 years)

I am currently working on an updated version. That gives some of the same options that are found within the BB OS 6/7 version.

Price: $1.99
    The application is a paid application, $1.99 (The cost of two packages of Tees). I made my first application free, but I found that for the amount of time I spend doing tech support that it was taking a way from my development time.

If there is anyone that is able to golf, I would love the feed back. The courses are still closed where I live so i have not been able to test it out in real life.

Any comments and be posted here or emailed to the howfarami at g mail d0t com email address found within BlackBerry World within the application.

How Far Am I? is a Golf Range Finder application built for BlackBerry 10 and BBOS 6/7-screenshot001.jpgHow Far Am I? is a Golf Range Finder application built for BlackBerry 10 and BBOS 6/7-screenshot002.jpgHow Far Am I? is a Golf Range Finder application built for BlackBerry 10 and BBOS 6/7-screenshot003.jpg

Happy Golfing!
    Last edited by ashworth; 04-10-13 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Adding Images
    bluetroll and Toodeurep like this.
    04-10-13 03:35 PM
    Just brought and posted my 5 star review found all my local courses in Vancouver area. Winner winner chicken diner!

Posted on my DARTHVADER Z-10
    ashworth likes this.
    04-10-13 07:14 PM
    Just brought and posted my 5 star review found all my local courses in Vancouver area.
    Thats great. Let me know what you think. The new update I'm currently working on will be a nice update. I fixed the scorecard screen made it not so fugly.
    04-10-13 07:25 PM
    First off, thanks for bringing this app to BB10! I used your app on my Legacy device and it was the best because of its simplicity and course mapping capabilities, not to mention it barely even drained my battery. Just got a couple questions...

When I click the link to download it says unavailable for this device, I'm on the old Verizon 10.0.9.422. Just curious if the OS was the problem.

Also is course mapping still coming from your bbgpsgolf website?

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:44 PM
    Just got a couple questions...

When I click the link to download it says unavailable for this device, I'm on the old Verizon 10.0.9.422. Just curious if the OS was the problem.

Also is course mapping still coming from your bbgpsgolf website?

Thanks again!
    I think the reason you don't see it is because the Min OS version that I have set in BlackBerry World was 10.0.10. - I think that was my only option.

So I hope that you get an update soon

Yes all course data is pulled from the BBGPSGolf database. So after the course is mapped out it should show up after you click the last button after you finish mapped it.
    04-11-13 05:02 AM
    Wow.. going golfing next week and I was looking for this kind of app for my shiny new Z10. Thanks.. will b buying!

Posted via CB10
    ashworth likes this.
    04-11-13 07:11 AM
    Oh man, I've been waiting for a range finder app since I got my Z10. Now all I need is some nice weather!

Thanks a lot!!
    04-11-13 06:11 PM
    I just got an email from BlackBerry and it looks like my application has been approved for Verizon users. Now the minimum OS version shows as 10.0.0 where before it was set to 10.0.10. Any Verizon users out there let me know if you are now able to get the How Far Am I? application from BlackBerry World.
    Thanks,
    Justin
    td99 likes this.
    04-12-13 07:46 PM
    I just got an email from BlackBerry and it looks like my application has been approved for Verizon users. Now the minimum OS version shows as 10.0.0 where before it was set to 10.0.10. Any Verizon users out there let me know if you are now able to get the How Far Am I? application from BlackBerry World.
    Thanks,
    Justin
    Just tried it and was able to download on Verizon! Thanks, can't wait to try it out!

Posted via CB10
    ashworth likes this.
    04-12-13 10:24 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I thought I would let everyone know I have put out a new version of the How Far Am I? GPS Golf Rangefinder applciation. The new versoin 1.0.0.20 should be in BlackBerry World now. Here is the change list:

• Fix up UI within score card screen a lot!.
    • Add Downloaded Courses to the database for off-line use.
    • Update icons for all Screens/Menus.
    • Added a Green and Hole image on the current hole.
    • Added option to enable or disable Option for the images of the current hole.
    • Added Add button to action bar within the add golf club screen.
    • Able to modify the score on each hole.
    • Added option to Delete downloaded Course List.
    • Removed debug view option.
    • Removed the option for tracking score within options.
    • Added Marked Shots to the database.
    • Added the ability to view Marked Shots on a google map image.
    • Show the users score on a hole screen.
    • Ability to edit score on the main golfing screen.
    • Fixed server side bug where no course data may not show up within application.
    • Add How Far Am I? as an external search within the BB10 OS Search application.
    • Added Green depth to the golfing screen.
    • Added Time and Round Time to the golfing screen.
    • Added ability to resume golf round from the scorecard screen.
    • Added pop up to resume golf round if round was started less then 24 hours ago.
    • Added ability to resume golf round when application opens if the last course in the scorecard table is within 4 hours and the round is not finished.
    • Added ability to Export scorecard to csv file.
    • Added Golf Statistics to the Hole Screen UI
    • Added option to invite to download via the Email.
    • Updated the main screen UI.
    • Other small bug and UI fixes.
    • Export the statics from the UI to the csv file.
    • Updated the Share from just Twitter to all share frameworks
    • Added Graphs for, Fairway, GIR, Score
    • Added Pop up list of Golf clubs for Mark Shot. (If you are showing the golf clubs it will default to the club that gets you to the middle of the green.)
    • Added Golf Round stats for any scorecard (Avg Puts per hole, Putts per round, GIR percentage, Fairway Hit Percentage, scrambling percentage)

There has been a lot of work put into this release to give the application more usability on and off of the golf course. Here is a video of some of the screen shots:

For full screenshots check out the How Far Am I - Facebook page. (but I would rather use the CB Forums! )
    Hamilton Guy likes this.
    04-24-13 02:41 PM
    Hey Everyone,

From what I can tell from email feed back everyone seems to be enjoying the update.

What else would people like to see added into this application?

Thanks,
    Justin
    04-29-13 12:32 PM
    There is a new small update to the BBOS application. I have now included Google Map Images just like the BB10 application has.

Working on my next update for BB10. It will have the following updates:
    • BBM Intergration
    • More Stats
    • Score Tracking for 4 golfers
    • Bug fixes
    • New select golf club list screen
    • GPS options to keep gps enabled when device is locked (when you unlock your device you dont have to wait 5 seconds to get a good gps fix)
    • When you resume a round of golf it will take you to the hole you were last playing.

I think that is all for now. I am still working a new select golf club list as I am not happy with the current implementation.
    05-08-13 09:55 AM
    just read your messages and looking forward to purchasing the how far am I app - is it as effective in Canada?
    05-14-13 08:14 AM
    I've been trying to upgrade to the latest version for a few days now, but always get a popup in BB World saying network error has occurred and it couldn't connect. Other apps have been able to upgrade during this time, so I suspect a problem with BB World for this app. Anyone else having this upgrade problem?
    06-02-13 09:18 PM
    just read your messages and looking forward to purchasing the how far am I app - is it as effective in Canada?
    Since I live in Canada yes it works in Canada.
    Last edited by ashworth; 06-04-13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: added quote
    06-04-13 12:49 PM
    I've been trying to upgrade to the latest version for a few days now, but always get a popup in BB World saying network error has occurred and it couldn't connect. Other apps have been able to upgrade during this time, so I suspect a problem with BB World for this app. Anyone else having this upgrade problem?
    Hello

I have opened a support ticket with BlackBerry on this issue. You are now the 5th person to report this issue. I am unable to reproduce the issue myself, but one of the users work at BlackBerry and I was able to get the device log error message, and sent it along to the BlackBerry World support team. Hoping it get fixes soon.

Thanks,
    06-04-13 12:51 PM
    I have a suggestion - the screenshots in app world don't show any satellite images in use during the round. I think from the descriptions that this is an option, but it may helps sales if it's demonstrated more obviously.

Just a thought.
    06-05-13 05:45 PM
    Just downloaded and it looks good. The course selection in my area, the Hammer, seems great. It even has the little 9 hole course I go to for a quick golf fix.
    06-06-13 09:10 AM
    I just downloaded this app as well. Searched for some courses and they are all there! I'll be playing tomorrow and sunday so we'll see how it works.
    06-07-13 05:08 PM
    Hello

I have opened a support ticket with BlackBerry on this issue. You are now the 5th person to report this issue. I am unable to reproduce the issue myself, but one of the users work at BlackBerry and I was able to get the device log error message, and sent it along to the BlackBerry World support team. Hoping it get fixes soon.

Thanks,
    Okay, at least we know it's an issue with BB World. Still not fixed though, as I just upgraded BB News and the Twitter app but How Far am I still gets the network error.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:19 PM
    I am also experiencing the 'network error' issue when trying to upgrade.
    06-10-13 01:15 PM
    Okay, at least we know it's an issue with BB World. Still not fixed though, as I just upgraded BB News and the Twitter app but How Far am I still gets the network error.
    I have heard back from BlackBerry, and I am not the only Vendor having this issue. I got an update yesterday and BlackBerry World Development are currently looking into the issue. I wish I had more.

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-11-13 01:54 PM
    I have heard back from BlackBerry, and I am not the only Vendor having this issue. I got an update yesterday and BlackBerry World Development are currently looking into the issue. I wish I had more.

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-11-13 01:54 PM
    I have a suggestion - the screenshots in app world don't show any satellite images in use during the round. I think from the descriptions that this is an option, but it may helps sales if it's demonstrated more obviously.

Just a thought.
    Sounds good. I will look into updating the screen shots.
    06-11-13 01:58 PM
    I just downloaded this app as well. Searched for some courses and they are all there! I'll be playing tomorrow and sunday so we'll see how it works.
    Let me know how it goes. Tell me what you like and more importantly what you don't like.
    06-11-13 02:10 PM
85 123 ...