Hi, which countries are involved in the app? I am from the Czech republic, do you have our courses in it? Thank you
    06-12-13 04:58 AM
    I get the error with How Far am i and Max Mobile Security. The response I got from BlackBerry was that they are aware of the issue and currently do not have a resolution or workaround.

Hope it's fixed soon. I got a round of gold coming up and deleted the app and tried to reload it with no success.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 09:24 PM
    Hi, which countries are involved in the app? I am from the Czech republic, do you have our courses in it? Thank you
    I have a few courses added, but I cant seem to find any that are fully mapped out. If your course is missing you can away add it if it is missing.

BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-13-13 01:20 PM
    I get the error with How Far am i and Max Mobile Security. The response I got from BlackBerry was that they are aware of the issue and currently do not have a resolution or workaround.
    Hope it's fixed soon. I got a round of gold coming up and deleted the app and tried to reload it with no success.
    I have sent you a PM.
    06-13-13 01:21 PM
    I have a few courses added, but I cant seem to find any that are fully mapped out. If your course is missing you can away add it if it is missing.

Thanks,
    Justin
    Hi, thanks. I have already created my homecourse "Beřovice", but your maps are from google and google does not have coverage of the 10-18holes (they are at least 4-5years old .. funny :-) I tried to use data from another map provider, but it is difficult to be precise with so the holes 10-18 are not true. Are you able to repair the data? The source should be this one:
    Mapy.cz

Thank you
    Michal
    06-13-13 04:38 PM
    Hi, thanks. I have already created my homecourse "Beřovice", but your maps are from google and google does not have coverage of the 10-18holes (they are at least 4-5years old .. funny :-) I tried to use data from another map provider, but it is difficult to be precise with so the holes 10-18 are not true. Are you able to repair the data? The source should be this one:
    Mapy.cz
    I have checked and Bing maps seem to be ok. Here is a link where you can create a new course with Bing maps:

BBGPSGolf - Add a golf Course with Bing Maps

Once you get it mapped let me know the name so I can link it back to a facility.

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-14-13 09:33 AM
    I have checked and Bing maps seem to be ok. Here is a link where you can create a new course with Bing maps:

BBGPSGolf - Add a golf Course with Bing Maps

Once you get it mapped let me know the name so I can link it back to a facility.

Thanks,
    Justin
    added as "Beřovice - new" but not sure, if data are collected. Please check it and let me know
    06-14-13 02:56 PM
    added as "Beřovice - new" but not sure, if data are collected. Please check it and let me know
    I have linked them to the existing facility.

Let me know if you are able to see them within the application.

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-14-13 03:24 PM
    I have linked them to the existing facility.

Let me know if you are able to see them within the application.

Thanks,
    Justin
    the Bing map uploader is not precise.. all inputs have been moved by 5metres approximately, I had to repair all the data, but seems to work properly now. Please delete the first course called "Beřovice" and the second called "Beřovice - new" rename as "Beřovice" after deleting the first one. Thank for your help :-)
    Already uploaded another favorite course :-)
    06-14-13 04:09 PM
    the Bing map uploader is not precise.. all inputs have been moved by 5metres approximately, I had to repair all the data, but seems to work properly now. Please delete the first course called "Beřovice" and the second called "Beřovice - new" rename as "Beřovice" after deleting the first one. Thank for your help :-)
    Already uploaded another favorite course :-)
    Thanks for adding to the database, the more users add the better it will be for everyone. Golfers make up the best community.

I have made the changes and you should be good to go.

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-14-13 10:54 PM
    Installed on my Q10. When Iwent to my golf course, it showed that the closest course was 6 miles away.
    A waste of money
    How do I get my two bucks back???
    06-16-13 09:18 PM
    I wish there was a way to know if golf courses near you were listed. I would love to have this app, but I'm hesitant to buy it if I'd never use it because none of my courses would be there. Either way I may purchase it just to support this awesome dev.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:03 AM
    Just go to the website howfarami.com and search for your favorite courses. I haven't looked into it yet but you can map out your own courses with Google maps and bing maps. I'll eventually check that out so I can add more details to some of my courses. If you want the fancy overhead view of the fairway checkout a different app but if you need to just know the distance, track your stats and get club recommendations this app is great (imo).
    ashworth likes this.
    06-17-13 04:21 PM
    Installed on my Q10. When Iwent to my golf course, it showed that the closest course was 6 miles away.
    A waste of money
    How do I get my two bucks back???
    Golf courses can be mapped out at BBGPSGolf - A Free Golf GPS application for the BlackBerry smartphone web site if your course is not listed. In order to get your money back you would need to contact BlackBerry World support.

Sorry to let you down.
    Thanks,
    Justin
    Last edited by ashworth; 06-19-13 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added quote
    06-18-13 02:43 PM
    I wish there was a way to know if golf courses near you were listed. I would love to have this app, but I'm hesitant to buy it if I'd never use it because none of my courses would be there. Either way I may purchase it just to support this awesome dev.
    I think I will make a GPS search on my web site that will show you the courses in your area. You are not the first person to say something like this. I think it is time for me to build it!
    06-18-13 02:44 PM
    I think I will make a GPS search on my web site that will show you the courses in your area. You are not the first person to say something like this. I think it is time for me to build it!
    Devs should learn from you! This is how you better not only your app, but BlackBerry World as a whole.

You can definitely count me in on this app. Put my $1.99 to good use now

Posted via CB10
    ashworth likes this.
    06-18-13 05:08 PM
    This Justin fellow, he seems like a good chap

Posted via CB10
    ashworth likes this.
    06-18-13 08:26 PM
    Devs should learn from you! This is how you better not only your app, but BlackBerry World as a whole.

You can definitely count me in on this app. Put my $1.99 to good use now
    I have the start of the site working:

Does not do much and might break over the course of the day as I work on it.

06-19-13 08:27 AM
    06-19-13 03:09 PM
    Hello Everyone,

Another small update to my application. Here is the change list:

• Fixed bug where sometimes not able to resume golf round.
    • Fixed bug where Player1 would show up as Justin in the scorecard (I never ran into this bug myself )
    • Allow to delete a course and all scorecards and not show error "Unable to delete record. Please remove all scorecards for this course first."
    • Added the ability to change Player1 (within scorecard screen)
    • Added Skins (Within Score card screen)
    • Fix UI bug where from TextArea to TextField within settings screen

The new version is 1.0.0.32 and should be posted within BlackBerry World soon. (sent submission last night)

Thanks,
    Justin
    06-27-13 08:42 AM
    I have a question on how to add a course. The one course I play a lot is not available in your application. It is available in skydroid but I would like to figure out how to add the course or migrate the course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    07-08-13 08:23 AM
    I have a question on how to add a course. The one course I play a lot is not available in your application. It is available in skydroid but I would like to figure out how to add the course or migrate the course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    You can map out a course at the www.bbgpsgolf.com web site. Click on the View\Add Facility\Courses link and then at the bottom you can add a new Facility and then add a course. Make sure to include the GPS Lat and Long for the course so that it starts you off in the right spot.
    07-08-13 08:38 AM
    BBGPSGolf,
    Thanks that did worked. Took awhile to map but now I can take advantage of a Golf App designed for BB10!

Keep up the good work
    ashworth likes this.
    07-08-13 09:59 AM
    I have heard back from BlackBerry, and I am not the only Vendor having this issue. I got an update yesterday and BlackBerry World Development are currently looking into the issue. I wish I had more.

Thanks,
    Justin
    Any update on this?

Still can't download the updated version.
    07-10-13 02:04 PM
    Any update on this?

Still can't download the updated version.
    I asked for an update early this week and they are still investigating. Send me an email and I will see if I can get you a workaround.
    Justin
    Last edited by ashworth; 07-11-13 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added quote
    07-11-13 09:53 AM
85 1234