My gmail accounts are already synched to my device. Is there a way to have "Your Places" (primarily Labeled and Saved) from Google Maps show up on Maps? I am talking about the pre-loaded app simply called "Maps."
    07-17-16 07:38 PM
    Yes. You need to install Cobalt's files and then patch GMaps to work with them. You will then be able to sign in.

Start here:
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/cobalts-official-google-apps-landing-page-965257/
    Yes. You need to install Cobalt's files and then patch GMaps to work with them. You will then be able to sign in.

Start here:
    /blackberry-10-os-f269/cobalts-official-google-apps-landing-page-965257/
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-17-16 07:44 PM
    I am following the instructions on Cobalt's page under "how to get all features working in Google maps." Step 3 - install Google play services - is giving me a problem. I get an error message when I try to open the app. I have restarted the device a few times already. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    07-21-16 10:36 AM
    I am following the instructions on Cobalt's page under "how to get all features working in Google maps." Step 3 - install Google play services - is giving me a problem. I get an error message when I try to open the app. I have restarted the device a few times already. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Your installing Cobalt's modified Google Play Services?

What is the error message?
    07-21-16 11:41 AM
    "Google Play games is having trouble with Google Play services. If the problem persists, please contact the developer for assistance."
    07-21-16 12:45 PM
    "Google Play games is having trouble with Google Play services. If the problem persists, please contact the developer for assistance."
    Well, it sounds like you are trying to install Google Play games and not Google Play services.
    07-21-16 12:53 PM
    Well, it sounds like you are trying to install Google Play games and not Google Play services.
    Yes, I was making that mistake. Now I am trying to extract Patcher 1.4 and I keep getting the error message: Can't place files in a read-only folder.

I copied everything to my SD card and I get the same message. How do I change permissions or get it to extract to a read/write folder?

(Note: The download zip fle from Cobalt's page is read/write; but all of the files in it are read-only.)
    07-23-16 09:24 AM
    Yes, I was making that mistake. Now I am trying to extract Patcher 1.4 and I keep getting the error message: Can't place files in a read-only folder.

I copied everything to my SD card and I get the same message. How do I change permissions or get it to extract to a read/write folder?

(Note: The download zip fle from Cobalt's page is read/write; but all of the files in it are read-only.)
    Play Services Patcher is for your PC.
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-23-16 09:40 AM
    Thank you, conite.

I wish that had been stated in the instructions. haha

I am still working on this step. I just installed java. I hope this phone is worth it. BB tech support still cannot get my calendar to show all of my appointments. This experience is making me consider returning the phone and getting another Android. :-(

For people who have Macs, is there a way for them to patch Android apps to their BB? I am curious because I am in the market for a new laptop.
    07-23-16 11:05 AM
    For people who have Macs, is there a way for them to patch Android apps to their BB? I am curious because I am in the market for a new laptop.
    I don't personally have a Mac, but from what I have heard from people here and friends alike, Macs inherently are more difficult to sync with any device that is not an Apple device. This is the same for Android, Windows phone, and BlackBerry. Not necessarily a BlackBerry fault... it's just that Apple wants you to stay within their catalog of devices for everything and therefore they make it very easy for Apples to Apples, but notsomuch to other manufacturers devices.
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-23-16 11:08 AM

Nope. You need a real computer.
    crd2016 likes this.
    07-23-16 11:09 AM
    Nope. You need a real computer.
    After my experiences this year with a Windows Surface Pro 3, I no longer consider them real computers. They're just toys that lose your files and crash all the time.
    07-23-16 12:32 PM