I have an ATT Z10 (STL 100-3). I have noticed that many of the EA games and other apps I have purchased over time are no longer available for download in BB World. As I never do backups, this has become a source of consternation for me. I would do a backup, If like on BB7 and previous OSes, I could restore only select games or apps themselves without anything else. For instance, on BB7 If I loaded a new OS and I went to re-download say tele-map, and it was missing, I had the .cod and .jad and could just put it back on my phone. In some cases I had .jads stored on my micro sd for an OTA like install.

With BB10 this does not seem possible. For instance I bought Tetris. After my last wipe and leak install, I notice that EA has blocked US and Canadian BBIDs from downloading the game. (Though all other countries are still able to do so). My preference would be to just restore (sideload) the Bar file. But it appears as though the backups are encrypted and there is no way to pull a single bar file from the back-up.

So before I fully swear off any further BB10 purchases, can anyone reccomend a program or method for pulling a BB10 paid app from a backup?
    09-16-13 11:46 AM
    So the game is not showing in your My World as available? Well that's strange. What has support said?
    09-16-13 11:54 AM
    Sending an email to EA support gets you an auto response to go to EA.com for support. At EA.com you need to register first to get support. Once registered, you can access their support. However the site provides no support for BB10 applications. IE support with EA is a dead end.

I am lucky enought to have BBworld's support email and contacted them. After two weeks of investigation, they offered me a refund. Essentially EA just removed the ability for USA and Canada BBIDs to download the app. If you buy an app in appworld the link info resides on your phone. But if you wipe your device, say by running an autoloader, than the link is removed and all you have is what is available to your BBID in BBworld. If you have a backup and do a restore then the link is restored along with any other settings and application data that was on the device at the time. Had I known all this. I might have installed my apps one at a time on a clean install, done a backup, removed the app and repeated re-naming the backup for each app as I went.

But it all seems pretty ridiculous to me.
    09-16-13 12:12 PM
    That does sound crazy! Ugh sorry about your troubles

Posted via Z's Z10
    09-16-13 01:42 PM
    Did you run browser then logon your BBID and at my BlackBerry world all app+games available or not? If available just plug it your device and click download it will redirect to your device smartphone and it's done no need to pay again

Posted via Q10 - Currently running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1445 Beta
    09-16-13 01:51 PM
    saotome - you don't fully understand. First, by wiping or running an autoloader which does the same thing, the links to downloaded and paid apps is wiped. The BBID will maintain the list of paid/ downloaded apps - - IF THE APPS ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN BBWORLD. That is a big if. If the developer as EA has done on several occasions, decides to no longer allow for downloads of the app, you are out of luck.

So in this case, EA has removed the app from USA and Canada BBWorld. If you bought the app and delete it, you can re-download. If you bought the app and wipe your phone, you can not redownload the app in those countries.
    09-16-13 01:57 PM
    That's mean EA suxxx LOL

Posted via Q10 - Currently running Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1445 Beta
    09-16-13 02:00 PM
    Yes. But I did not create thread to bash EA, or complain about my issue. Looking for a future solution.
    09-16-13 02:12 PM
    bump bump bump
    12-12-13 07:48 AM