Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry 10 Apps

How can I share notes and calendars with Google apps?

Asked: Apr 27 2015 | 7:14 am EDT 2194 Views 4 Answers View Best Answer

Hey everyone. I am trying to set up some family sharing with my wife for a calendar and notes. Fairly basic stuff.

I'm running Android, so Google apps is a given on my side, but I'm trying to find a way to be able to sync some notes and a calendar with her on her Z10.

What would you recommend for apps, or methods, to achieve this? Can the Google Calendar be synced directly on BB10?

Finally, for notes sharing, Evernote seemed promising, but she appears to be unable to see anything I share with her through that app, like note sharing on the receiving end isn't a feature of the Evernote BB10 app. I was hoping Google Keep could work, but it's not available on BB10. Although I seem to be reading about the possibility of loading Google Apps on BB10, I'm not too sure of how to proceed and which apps actually work that way.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Best Answer

Apr 27 2015 | 9:26 am EDT diegonei

Add google account to Z10, Z10 syncs calendar. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Don't waste your time with Google Apps on BB10. Android apps mostly work though. I don't use the Evernote app so I can't troubleshoot for you.

But by all means, there are plenty of native and android alternatives to Evernote and Google Keep. Find one. How about OneNote? Grab the APK for her.

The issue here isn't really the Z10, but trying to force Google services into it.

More Answers

Apr 30 2015 | 7:03 am EDT AJKendrick

Yeah I think I just got out of the Blackberry framework when I switched to Android and didn't think of something as simple as adding calendars or shared Google calendars, being that it's all efficient and native on the BB. Thanks for the reminder.

I did not even think about OneNote. I'm assuming it will sync well with Outlook, being a Microsoft product. I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the input, it's appreciated.

Apr 30 2015 | 2:24 pm EDT diegonei

it will surely sync with the OneNote desktop software, dunno about MS Outlook wheveryear.

May 03 2015 | 5:09 pm EDT AJKendrick

OK my wife's Google calendar is synced well now.

What about shared calendars? Is it enough to share between google accounts or do I need to send the URL to her?