What is the best book reader on BB10? I mean something like Kindle where I can buy/download books.

Please no laggy/glitchy ports or ugly pieces os.

I can't find an app that allows me to read stories, that isn't a pos.....

Help?
    03-28-14 11:58 AM
    Use the Kindle app....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 12:13 PM
    Use the Kindle app....

Posted via CB10
    Kindle app.

"This title is not available in your country"

Every title.

I'm in UK.

I asked about non POS book readers for BB10. Any more?
    03-28-14 05:14 PM
    Kindle app.

"This title is not available in your country"

Every title.

I'm in UK.

I asked about non POS book readers for BB10. Any more?
    Kindle app works perfectly.
    The fact that the titles aren't available in your country is not the fault of the app.

Download the Nook app from Snap. It also allows purchases OTA.
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 03-29-14 at 08:06 PM.
    03-29-14 07:54 PM
    Kobo?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:03 AM
    Bonfire Reader...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:27 AM
    Kindle app works perfectly.
    The fact that the titles aren't available in your country is not the fault of the app.
    Not helpful.

I'm not asking for people's lame defence of apps that do not work (not a single book being available in the UK is definitely a barrier to me, you know, purchasing and reading those books).

I'm asking for people's suggestions of good apps that I can use to download and read books.

I will check out Nook as suggested.
    03-30-14 08:54 PM
    Thanks for your suggestions guys, I will try them all out.
    03-30-14 08:56 PM
    Bonfire Reader...

Posted via CB10
    Oh, this one looks good. It mentions about having updates for integrated store fronts. Any ideas of when that's likely to occur? Of has it already?

I like that it's native and B4BB too.

Edit: or does anyone know a safe site from which I can download epub books directly on to a Z10?

Edit2: I noticed many reviews referring to problems of random highlighting and missing pages. I'm nervous of buying this in case it is, indeed, yet another pos for BB10.
    Last edited by greenberry666; 03-30-14 at 09:13 PM.
    03-30-14 09:01 PM
    Is there no way to change the purchase store to UK or other countries? Is there, perhaps another version for other jurisdictions, say an android version of Kindle?
    03-30-14 09:40 PM
    Hi greenberry666:

The Bonfire Reader reviews you mentioned are largely addressed (please also note that average is 4.5 stars)
    The highlighting issue was been minimized (possibly addressed) in the latest review yesterday. More functionality and fixes are being added every week. I'm currently in the process of adding CBZ/CBR formats to the reader - with MOBI in the queue. Storefronts will follow in a month or so.

If you ever have a problem with any of your books - feel free to contact me directly. I usually have a very fast turn around for book parsing issues (not that there are many now). The clients that posted unfavorable reviews never tried to contact me directly - otherwise their concerns would have quickly been addressed.

Regards,

Michael
    04-02-14 08:28 AM
    Hi greenberry666:

The Bonfire Reader reviews you mentioned are largely addressed (please also note that average is 4.5 stars)
    The highlighting issue was been minimized (possibly addressed) in the latest review yesterday. More functionality and fixes are being added every week. I'm currently in the process of adding CBZ/CBR formats to the reader - with MOBI in the queue. Storefronts will follow in a month or so.

If you ever have a problem with any of your books - feel free to contact me directly. I usually have a very fast turn around for book parsing issues (not that there are many now). The clients that posted unfavorable reviews never tried to contact me directly - otherwise their concerns would have quickly been addressed.

Regards,

Michael
    Oh this sounds great. I will try this out.
    04-02-14 08:40 AM
    Kindle app works great for me in the UK. What books were you trying to get? I don't buy tons of books from Kindle, but all the ones I have bought I had no issues with getting. If the books aren't available in the UK then they are normally not shown in the app.

Edit: is your Kindle account and also your phone set as been for in the UK? If not then this might then this might be why you can't get any books to download if it thinks you are in another country than the UK.

Z10 In action here!
    04-02-14 08:47 AM
    Kindle app works great for me in the UK. What books were you trying to get? I don't buy tons of books from Kindle, but all the ones I have bought I had no issues with getting. If the books aren't available in the UK then they are normally not shown in the app.

Edit: is your Kindle account and also your phone set as been for in the UK? If not then this might then this might be why you can't get any books to download if it thinks you are in another country than the UK.

Z10 In action here!
    I also find Kindle a bit glitchy and the UI yucky. So I've no incentive to troubleshoot.
    04-02-14 09:19 AM
    Ok I've played around with Bonfire Reader and so far so very good. Nice user manual too. Incoming BB world comment (after I've tested it a bit more).

I'm happy with it. Good old Crackberry.

And I'm looking forward to the awesome sounding updates.
    04-02-14 09:22 AM
    Very good Bonfire reader...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:34 AM