I am using the XcrazyS version of Kiwi Browser (kiwi.570536402.by.XcrazyS.apk) on a Classic. I would like to install an extension, namely uBlock Origin in Kiwi.

Via [three-dots icon]->Extensions I open kiwi://extensions , and there I see a message "You can find extensions on Google [the word Google has hyperlink] You can also load a .crx, .zip or .user.js file"

Clicking on that hyperlink takes me to Google's search page with results for "Chrome Extensions", and there I find https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions , where in turn I can search for and find the uBlock Origin extension. On the extension's page within the webstore, there is a familiar (from Chromium on desktop) blue button that should let me add the extension to my browser. Clicking on the button seems, after a pop up asking me to confirm my intention to install, to start the downloading of the extension. After a short while the downloading seems to have finished: there is a short message at the bottom of the Kiwi browser's screen ("download [some seemingly random file name].crx has finished. Open" or similar). But I cannot find the extension in Kiwi then. It is not shown in kiwi://extensions, nor is there an entry for it in the "three-dots" menu. It seems the installation is not completed or has failed.

As an alternative in the installation attempt, I can click on the word "open" in the message "download [some seemingly random file name].crx has finished. Open" (or similar), that then opens a file open dialog pointing to my /mnt/sdcard/Download/ directory, but I cannot see any .crx file in there (I also used term to look for hidden files) that I might try to install by clicking on it or manually loading it in the kiwi://extensions section.

It seems that @brookie229 may have had similar problems with another extension (here), but I do not know if that is related.

Has anybody successfully loaded extensions in Kiwi, if so, how?
    04-11-21 04:48 AM
    I am using the XcrazyS version of Kiwi Browser (kiwi.570536402.by.XcrazyS.apk) on a Classic. I would like to install an extension, namely uBlock Origin in Kiwi.

Via [three-dots icon]->Extensions I open kiwi://extensions , and there I see a message "You can find extensions on Google [the word Google has hyperlink] You can also load a .crx, .zip or .user.js file"

Clicking on that hyperlink takes me to Google's search page with results for "Chrome Extensions", and there I find https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions , where in turn I can search for and find the uBlock Origin extension. On the extension's page within the webstore, there is a familiar (from Chromium on desktop) blue button that should let me add the extension to my browser. Clicking on the button seems, after a pop up asking me to confirm my intention to install, to start the downloading of the extension. After a short while the downloading seems to have finished: there is a short message at the bottom of the Kiwi browser's screen ("download [some seemingly random file name].crx has finished. Open" or similar). But I cannot find the extension in Kiwi then. It is not shown in kiwi://extensions, nor is there an entry for it in the "three-dots" menu. It seems the installation is not completed or has failed.

As an alternative in the installation attempt, I can click on the word "open" in the message "download [some seemingly random file name].crx has finished. Open" (or similar), that then opens a file open dialog pointing to my /mnt/sdcard/Download/ directory, but I cannot see any .crx file in there (I also used term to look for hidden files) that I might try to install by clicking on it or manually loading it in the kiwi://extensions section.

It seems that @brookie229 may have had similar problems with another extension (here), but I do not know if that is related.

Yeah, that was just an attempt to see whether or not the extension could be used as a means of installing .bar files without using a computer and cable attached to my Passport. I doubted that it would work and it obviously did not. That was the one and only time I've ever tried any extension. I just don't think it's possible but I could just as easily be wrong.
    04-11-21 09:04 AM
    Kiwi has ad blocking built in, no?
    04-11-21 09:06 AM
    Apparently, but I would like to have uBlock Origin, and possibly other extensions too.
    Thus:
    04-11-21 11:43 AM
    Kiwi has ad blocking built in, no?
    Yes, but uBlock does more than just ad blocking according to Google.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-11-21 12:10 PM
    Apparently, but I would like to have uBlock Origin, and possibly other extensions too.
    Thus:
    Try these steps? https://www.xda-developers.com/kiwi-...sions-android/
    04-12-21 08:26 AM
    Based on https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/tr...r/dist#install , I managed to manually install uBlock Origin with the following steps:

1. Downloaded ublock0.chromium.zip from the uBlock Origin github repo to my PC
    2. Unzipped it on my PC
    3. Renamed the unzipped directory to "ublock", still on my PC.
    4. Copied that ublock directory to my BlackBerry via USB cable
    5. In Kiwi Browser on BlackBerry, opened Extensions (kiwi://extensions)
    6. Clicked slider button to activate Developer mode.
    7. Clicked "Load".
    8. In the file selector dialog, navigated to the directory "ublock" which was created in step 4 above and selected the file "manifest.json"
    9. Clicked "Open".

I understand that with this manual installation process, the extension won't be automatically updated to newer versions when they come out; I would have to update manually as described in the link above.

I am still interested to know if there is an easier (e.g. automated / webstore) way to add extensions to Kiwi.
    04-13-21 06:13 AM
    You can install the "Chrome Extension Source Viewer" extension and download the zip format extensions directly from the store via this "CESV".
    Unpack with Total Commander. The regular archiver will not cope with unpacking, there will be only zero files.
    You can download this extension in zip from my cloud YaDisk.
    Last edited by XcrazyS; 04-14-21 at 07:18 AM.
    BeerBear likes this.
    04-14-21 07:01 AM
    Add - kiwi.extension.zip
    Unpack with a regular file manager.
    Includes:
    Сhrome extension source viewer,
    uBlock Origin,
    Privacy Badger,
    Decentraleyes.
    NaGMeT and BeerBear like this.
    04-14-21 03:04 PM