When are there going to be more useful Apps offered? 20 plus Apps for flashlight, battery saver, Muslim prayers, how about Southwest Airlines, Delta, anything travel related. Miss my old Tour, was atleast useful, still depend on iPhone users for airport help
    07-08-13 08:04 AM
    There is BlackBerry Travel, which is a fantastic app. Additionally, there IS a Delta App and also United Airlines.
    07-08-13 08:13 AM
    I hate going straight to the os vs os argument, but 20+ flashlight apps really isn't a big deal. How many fart apps are on the other platforms?? There are a lot of good apps for BB10, and those that aren't available are usually available via sideloading. Best thing you can do is continue to contact the companies that you want an app from.
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 07-08-13 at 09:00 AM.
    Just Me likes this.
    07-08-13 08:20 AM
    I would say that there are definitely "useful" apps when it comes to travel. I travel a couple of times a month and use BlackBerry Travel and FlightStats to keep me up to date. I especially like FlightStats because it integrates with the FAA database.

"Useful" is in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are a lot of Muslims happy that there are so many prayer apps
    zeratul65535, eldricho and Rowan M like this.
    07-08-13 08:49 AM
    I fly into BWI a couple times a week, can't use Southwest App anymore until updated, Delta App is still in improvement mode no direct rental car company apps, can't even fix my fantasy baseball lineup on yahoo, guess I'm just pouting that my iPhone friends have to do everything for me
    07-08-13 08:59 AM
    Part of the app issue is that Android porting has led to laziness, outdated and poorly ported apps.
    07-08-13 09:07 AM
    When are there going to be more useful Apps offered? 20 plus Apps for flashlight, battery saver, Muslim prayers, how about Southwest Airlines, Delta, anything travel related. Miss my old Tour, was atleast useful, still depend on iPhone users for airport help
    You should be use to 10's of thoudands flashlight apps and 100's of thousands fart apps with the apple app store.
    07-08-13 09:33 AM
    You should be use to 10's of thoudands flashlight apps and 100's of thousands fart apps with the apple app store.
    What does that have to do with BlackBerry Apps?
    If I had an iPhone I might care! But I don't.
    07-08-13 09:35 AM
    Ya but then there arw real apps too. The blackberry store juat concentrates on crap and city guides... Oh and peoples facebook timelines are suddenly apps in blackberry world... Joke.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    Shumsher and mikeo007 like this.
    07-08-13 09:49 AM
    BlackBerry maps suck. No reference to any public transit options. Google maps on the Z10 is unpredictable at best. Most of the time it cannot find my location and I have to constantly zoom in and find my location manually. I carry an iPhone with my BlackBerry and have to use it for everything but calls. BlackBerry needs to fix their existing platforms and stop releasing more mid market phones. How about they contract with Garmin for a premium maps native Os10 option.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:00 AM
    BlackBerry maps suck. No reference to any public transit options. Google maps on the Z10 is unpredictable at best. Most of the time it cannot find my location and I have to constantly zoom in and find my location manually. I carry an iPhone with my BlackBerry and have to use it for everything but calls. BlackBerry needs to fix their existing platforms and stop releasing more mid market phones. How about they contract with Garmin for a premium maps native Os10 option.

Posted via CB10
    You do know that BlackBerry Maps uses TomTom as the backend for their mapping solution right?
    07-08-13 10:17 AM
    I don't care if who they use for maps back end. They suck. I need public transit overlay.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    07-08-13 10:23 AM
    Apple also uses Tom Tom and I see public transit options on my Iphone so this is clearly a blackberry issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:27 AM
    I don't care if who they use for maps back end. They suck. I need public transit overlay.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you're just a ray of sunshine. Have you tried asking the developers of the apps you want for their app? Nicely?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:42 AM
    Well, you're just a ray of sunshine. Have you tried asking the developers of the apps you want for their app? Nicely?

Posted via CB10
    There is a whole thread asking netflix fir instance. Let me know how that turns out.

07-08-13 03:37 PM
    There is a whole thread asking netflix fir instance. Let me know how that turns out.

A thread full of people complaining here is not the same as asking the developer, since that's neither asking, nor directed at the developer.

I should have been clearer.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:45 PM
    The other option that is available in many cases, by the way, is to find an indie dev and see if they are willing to build the app(s) you want, if the publisher of what you're looking for is unresponsive.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 03:53 PM
    A thread full of people complaining here is not the same as asking the developer, since that's neither asking, nor directed at the developer.

I should have been clearer.

Posted via CB10
    Alot of those same people emailed and cancelled other accounts as well.
    So be as clear as you want... Check the netflix thread for reference....anf let me know how it turns out.

07-08-13 05:05 PM
    Alot of those same people emailed and cancelled other accounts as well.
    So be as clear as you want... Check the netflix thread for reference....anf let me know how it turns out.

I'd assume not very well, since those people are no longer their customers and now have even less leverage. Oh, and reducing the number of potential BlackBerry Netflix users? Yeah, that sounds like a GREAT way to convince a company that the platform is worth the investment.

Acting like asses will not get more apps on this platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:27 PM
    I'd assume not very well, since those people are no longer their customers and now have even less leverage. Oh, and reducing the number of potential BlackBerry Netflix users? Yeah, that sounds like a GREAT way to convince a company that the platform is worth the investment.

Acting like asses will not get more apps on this platform.

Posted via CB10
    Really?? One f the biggest threqds here. No way all those people went about it wrong. No way... The powers thst be here were all over it... Surely they know whats best

07-08-13 05:40 PM
    Really?? One f the biggest threqds here. No way all those people went about it wrong. No way... The powers thst be here were all over it... Surely they know whats best

LOL Anyway... my original point was that, pissing and moaning about the apps on a news site doesn't accomplish anything, whatever the app is. We'll get a lot more traction by treating devs and companies that write apps with a bit of humility and gratitude than by whining at them and telling them they suck.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:43 PM

What's weird is that you come to BlackBerry fan site, complaining about BlackBerry 10 apps and use your new Galaxy S4... Shouldn't you be on Android Central complaining about S4 bloatware?
    buwee likes this.
    07-09-13 02:50 AM
    Nice start! Why didn't you do any research before buying a phone? This is should be obviuos for any new OS on the market and especially with the price tag Z10 has
    07-09-13 02:53 AM
    As a consumer, we need to know if our chosen brand of (let's say) bread has the nutrients that we would like our body to have. If you are out there and choose a loaf that does not have the nutrients that you are looking for, then you should read the labels more thoroughly or even ask your other bread eating friends. A quick research on the internet usually returns great results and reviews :-)
    bb10_fan likes this.
    07-09-13 03:25 AM
    You'll lose every time u argue about apps in this forum. The rebuttals are pretty much something like:
    - no quality apps? Herp, other OS has like millions of fart apps.
    - no apps? Derp, sideload the Android apps doodz!
    - why no popular apps? Herpaderp, not BlackBerry fault, totally Dev faults for not creating apps for this insanely popular smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 03:54 AM
73 123