OK. When I designed the app' I was not thinking about someone who would want to log in and out all the time. I expected users to stay logged in.
    For hangouts users probably it normal.

I can check what the problem is. A quick fix for now, would be to close the headless in the application monitor. If you do so, you will not receive messages. And you can restart it, just by opening the application.
    I'm not in a hurry and do not hurry. I'm just the first time in 10 years, faced with a program in which there is no way disconnected from the jabber server and I was somewhat surprised )) Now if I do not logof my status is constantly online. It is not comfortable. Perfect "away" after N minutes of inactivity and "busy" when you activate the night mode.
    02-07-16 01:31 PM
    After reboot phone xmpp priority not remember and set to 0 (login setting is ok after reboot)
    When to switch the network 3g-wifi or wifi-3g hub are not displayed new messages, need reopen hg10 from icon.
    Last edited by victor74; 02-08-16 at 04:03 AM.
    02-08-16 03:29 AM
    It does stay in headless mode. Just check the application monitor, and you will see that it is still running.

If you don't get any notifications, there could be two main reasons:
    - First, it is because you can have been disconnected from the chat service. It can happen if you have bad network connection, or google just decide to log you out. A quick way to check it out, is to open the app' send a message. If the message is sent, then it is working. If not, you can wait a bit or try to log out and back in. The headless always run in the background, it is not a problem with it.

- Second thing: notifications comes out only when you do not open the application. If you use it from the Hub, closing the card does not immediately close the application. So you may have some delay there. It is better to use the button on the top left of the UI when you open it from the Hub, because in that case I can force the application to close. And you should get notifications if you get a new message.
    So today I am doing a test of the application. I have Hangouts open in Gmail on my laptop and Hg10. Any message I write in Hangouts and send to my friend, I do not see them in Hg10. If I write messages in Hg10, I see them in Hangouts. Any message that he sends me does show up in Hg10, but I don't get a notification. So, in the hub, the line for our chat does not show as "unread" and the message that it shows in the hub view is one from an hour ago. If I open the message I see all of HIS messages, but none of mine that were sent using the Hangouts app.

With the Gtalk app I see the same issue with my messages sent via Hangouts not being shown, but Gtalk does notify me of new messages.

Edit: Randomly the messages that my friend sends show up in the hub as unread. Still, if I sent a message from Hangouts in gmail, I don't see my messages in Hg10.

edit:This morning I was greeted with a message from my friend in Hangouts, Hg10 has yet to receive the message headlessly. So does that imply I was logged out?
    Last edited by krugbot; 02-09-16 at 07:06 AM.
    02-08-16 08:20 AM
    Awesome work mate, annoying that a device as suited to messaging doesn't have great vendor support for messaging applications but glad to see that there are some great devs picking up the slack!

What would be great for me is if a couple of additional services could be included (both having not great android apps)

I'm just basing this on available open source pidgin/empathy/etc. plugins so not sure if they even could be integrated but it would be great to have some level of skype chat integration (https://github.com/EionRobb/skype4pi...aster/skypeweb).

and the biggie for me would be MS Lync/office communicator integration (Sipe Project | Contribute code)

Would be good to know if this kind of integration is even possible.

Thanks
    02-12-16 06:02 AM
    So an update- I'm still not being notified that I have new messages, and the Hub "line" for the chat I have with my friend still shows a message he sent me hours ago, but if I open the chat through the hub, I see ALL of his most recently sent messages. If I reply from Hangouts on the PC, I don't see my messages on Hg10. So it is receiving messages and "working" headless, but I don't get notifications. Does it have something to do with being simultaneously logged into Hangouts in gmail on a computer?
    02-16-16 09:50 AM
    So...any updates or help with my issue? I'd be willing to pay for the app if it didn't behave the way it does. Also noticed it's no longer on BBworld. Is the github version up to date?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:06 AM
    Bumped into a serious problem.
    Since Hg10 uses native API, there is no way to receive XMPP messages from federated servers!
    It is seen in XMPP resources, but actually nothing is being received. The messages from non-google servers to those resources are simply dropped.
    04-05-16 08:28 AM
    No, that is not true.

I use a XMPP library called QXMPP, which follows XMPP standard. There is zero difference between non google server and the gtalk service (which is based on XMPP).
    The only difference is in setting up the connection itself (I need to use oauth for gtalk). Everything else is absolutely the same.

Then, I understand you have problems with getting the connection live.
    Last edited by Amonchakai; 04-09-16 at 11:42 AM.
    cbosdell likes this.
    04-09-16 07:21 AM
    I have a very weird error. If I refresh inside a chat with one specific contact, all the messages from HG10 history get deleted. Any idea why this might be giong on? The history is present if I open it in hangouts on google web pages. Does not do it on android hangouts either. Other contacs do work correctly.

Anyway, thank you for your work on this, this app really makes the BB10 os a better place.
    06-03-16 11:27 AM
    > There is zero difference between non google server and the gtalk service (which is based on XMPP).

No.
    Native hangout apps uses different API and behaves all different. Hangouts is not gtalk anymore.
    06-27-16 12:33 PM
    I agree, and this app uses the gtalk service. It is still up. gtalk is now some kind of mirror of the hangout service with limited functionality.
    I just tried to bridge the restrictions of gtalk with other api (gmail)

I find funny how people seems to be better than me at claiming what my app does ... :P
    Last edited by Amonchakai; 07-03-16 at 07:06 PM.
    07-02-16 12:01 AM
    Does anyone know what happened to Hg10? It doesn't seem to be available on Blackberry World anymore. I had it installed and it was working beautifully on my old Passport before it died. Now trying to get Hg10 on my replacement Passport but can't find it on Blackberry World?!?
    07-03-16 08:12 PM
    I removed it because I was tired of getting criticism about it although I do not ask anything for it.
    I just put it back online, it will appear at some point in the next hours.

BUT, I have to admit that I am not planing to work on it soon. I am now living in a country where Google services are not available, so cannot test anything and do anything...
    07-08-16 09:27 AM
    Thanks very much Amonchakai!!! I very much appreciate your app and your support of BB10. Best of luck in your new home.
    07-09-16 09:39 PM
    I removed it because I was tired of getting criticism about it although I do not ask anything for it.
    I just put it back online, it will appear at some point in the next hours.

BUT, I have to admit that I am not planing to work on it soon. I am now living in a country where Google services are not available, so cannot test anything and do anything...
    Thanks for your work on the app. It's appreciated by some of us.
    07-09-16 09:50 PM
    Dear Amonchakai,

Thanks for your contribution of hg10. Although you cannot access Google services, is it possible for you to get a free xmpp account for testing and further development? We really need hg10 with our own ejabberd server.

Anything we can do for you?
    09-12-16 12:08 PM
    Hi,

Yes, that is possible. But it should already work with jabber server.
    I used to do some experiments with jabber.de and it seemed to work fine.
    Any problem in particular?
    09-13-16 08:35 AM
    I have some minor issues with hg10:

- while adding new account, hg10 cannot save current server and account info, and it always raises error like "Login failed, please make sure your username and password are correct." this makes me crazy, the account credential I used is working on Android and Mac, same username and password. I had to repeat typing server address and account 20+ times. why not save the (wrong) account first, and allow user to edit it later? I just got hg10 working once during testing.

- cannot send image/file to buddy. I can send file with Mac iMessage app with same account.

- no Hub integration.

- no message preview when new message arrived. if there's instant reply support, that would be perfect.

- the UI is not so beautiful. although it works well, but just feel weird when using the app. especially the font size.

I'm an experienced Linux server admin, if you need someone to help testing the development edition of this app, please contact me via email: michaelbibby _at_ gmail.

currently hg10 is the only one native XMPP client, really hope you can continue working on it - of course it's totally up to you.

I believe people don't mind to pay for your work (sell it in BlackBerry App Store) if you can make it better and keep it under active development.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 08:49 AM
    I have some minor issues with hg10:

- while adding new account, hg10 cannot save current server and account info, and it always raises error like "Login failed, please make sure your username and password are correct." this makes me crazy, the account credential I used is working on Android and Mac, same username and password. I had to repeat typing server address and account 20+ times. why not save the (wrong) account first, and allow user to edit it later? I just got hg10 working once during testing.
    yeah, agreed

- cannot send image/file to buddy. I can send file with Mac iMessage app with same account.
    I have that implemented, but I am not sure if it is still connected to the UI. I would need to check.

- no Hub integration.

- no message preview when new message arrived. if there's instant reply support, that would be perfect.
    What OS version are you running? It is already there for 10.3.1 users. If you are using 10.3.1, I would suggest to delete the app, use an app called "account cleaner", remove eventual entry related to Hg10, and re-intall the app

- the UI is not so beautiful. although it works well, but just feel weird when using the app. especially the font size.
    Again, are you on 10.3.1? If so, it should be like the screen on the store, and I have to say I like it that way
    But you can tune it, the CSS code of the chat is exposed and you can edit it. Go to the settings, there are lots of options to change the look of Hg10. There are three different presets, and as I said, you can edit the CSS to make it as you like.
    And there is also an option for the font size in the settings.

I'm an experienced Linux server admin, if you need someone to help testing the development edition of this app, please contact me via email: michaelbibby _at_ gmail.

currently hg10 is the only one native XMPP client, really hope you can continue working on it - of course it's totally up to you.

I believe people don't mind to pay for your work (sell it in BlackBerry App Store) if you can make it better and keep it under active development.

Posted via CB10
    OK, thanks
    09-13-16 09:11 AM
    What OS version are you running? It is already there for 10.3.1 users. If you are using 10.3.1, I would suggest to delete the app, use an app called "account cleaner", remove eventual entry related to Hg10, and re-intall the app
    I use a Passport with the latest 10.3.2.x.

* Shouldn't it be fixed by hg10 itself? Why does it rely on "Account Cleaner"?
    * I tried, deleted hg10, then run "Account Cleaner", it doesn't find any thing related to hg10. I re-installed hg10, still the same issue, no hub integration, no new message preview.

But you can tune it, the CSS code of the chat is exposed and you can edit it. Go to the settings, there are lots of options to change the look of Hg10. There are three different presets, and as I said, you can edit the CSS to make it as you like.
    And there is also an option for the font size in the settings.
    I know the font size can be changed in app Settings, but the space between title/line/text are too much. BTW, who's gonna tune the CSS? And how? All a end user want is the app Settings page, not source code.
    09-15-16 12:03 AM
    Thank you for this great application! I tried to donate through your app but it keeps telling me 'Error: This app cannot be purchased'. How can I give you some money?
    09-20-16 05:14 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for your message.
    Yes, the in-app purchase does not work anymore. I disabled it.
    No need for giving money, your friendly message here is more than enough
    09-21-16 07:02 PM
    After upgrading the system using Sachesi, Hg10 is missing from the Hub. It still receives messages in the background and gives a notification sound and everything. But I can't see it in the Hub anymore. The only way to fix this is by uninstalling, removing the stale account via Account Cleaner, and reinstalling Hg10.

Is there a way to have Hg10 check the Hub integration on startup and fix it, if there are any problems?
    12-16-16 05:17 AM
    Hi,

It is great you actually managed to find this solution by yourself.
    It is true, I have this issue after an OS update. And I have not be able to restore the account in that case (after a reboot of the phone it works just fine). I am not very good with hub integration...
    I did not communicated too much on that.

I don't want to rise too much expectations, but I will try to work on the app early next year just after Christmas/ new year eve...
    mbirth likes this.
    12-18-16 02:41 AM
    This app looks great, but I only just downloaded it. Is there Off The Record support for XMPP? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 10:11 AM
293 ... 9101112