I have some rather basic question. Downloaded it, gave it all permissions except running in background.
    I'm trying to connect to "regular" XMPP server which requires OTR. BB World description says it supports it, but I'm not there yet...
    Anyhow, I'm just trying to log in with my XMPP account e.g. [email protected] for example. (Not real names)

I enter "MyName" in the "login" field and then I put "publicxmppsever.org" in the "domain" field. Just emulating what I do on my desktop client. However, it just sits there trying to connect, but getting no where. I have tried 2 different desktop clients to make sure I have everything setup correctly, so there should be no problem with my account, but I'm not sure how to get Hg10 setup NOT for Google Hangouts.
    Any tips?
    05-21-17 11:16 PM
    Hmm...well I figured out that "Run in Background" seems to be required even if you're not running in the background.
    Now it actually gets farther, but claims there is an error logging in (problem with user name and password). Tried several times and I'm sure I did not mistype anything. I've also tried "[email protected]" in the "Login" field then leaving everything else blank, no dice.
    The XMPP server requires encryption to log in, so I've tried both required and available options in the TLS dropdown. Still no luck...

Sounds like I'm the only one having problems???
    05-21-17 11:30 PM
    Ah with further testing, seems it worked with Google account, but I had to first kill Hg10 then restart it. Still no joy with XMPP.
    I tried using Beem (Android port) and that worked with my account settings so I know they are correct.
    Shame about Hg10. Well it seems source is on Git so there is possibility of fix. Or I suppose if developer needs some encouragement I'd be quite happy to donate something or pay for this app.
    berradicted_fr likes this.
    05-22-17 12:27 AM
    Started using the app again and love it. But the message sync is a bit out of whack. Example: I open chat with friend A and it sometimes shows chat msgs from friend B. Seems to be a sync or refresh issue. Known issue? Any suggestions? Thx!

Posted via CB10
    08-06-17 06:36 PM
    Got a PM from developer. I tried another XMPP server and that worked fine. It was only that specific XMPP server I was using.
    Seems like a few minor UI glitch bugs but otherwise seems to work just fine.
    08-07-17 11:19 AM
    Hi
    I'm really thankful to you because I just get a classic device and I love it, but unfortunately the regular Hangouts App doesn't work , so this is a great solution for that.
    But where is the settings?
    I hardly can't find it!

THANKS A LOT
    08-18-17 12:31 AM
    Hi,
    Hangouts is working - but:

"MyDrive" --> Loading, please wait --------------------------

Uninstalled --> reinstalled over and over again - nothing changed..
    01-27-18 02:06 PM
    Update:
    sorry - haven't activate the permissions on my account .

Now, MyDrive is running - and Btw:
    Both app's - Hangouts and MyDrive are looking much better than it is in the native app's!

Very good work!
    01-27-18 02:28 PM
    @Amonchakai

many thanks for your great work!

If there is way to donate - just tell me.

1.) on my BB Q10 it works great
    2.) it's in the HUB - GREAT ! :-)
    3.) it looks much better than the android version of Whats app!

My Wahts App for BlackBerry is "destroid" by myself :-(

Because, i uninstalled it - for testing android - whats app, i can't login again on the Whats app - server.
    Those, ho had in before 2017/2018 could still use it.
    Only a message promped: this version bla bla bla - just clicked on OK - that's it - It was still working.
    Exept, someone - like me - uninstalled and reinstalled it....

Anyway...
    Question: does your Hg10 work like it does now, when i uninstall Hangouts????

Kind Regards
    01-28-18 12:34 PM
    Hi,
    Hangouts is working - but:

"MyDrive" --> Loading, please wait --------------------------

Uninstalled --> reinstalled over and over again - nothing changed..
    What hangout version u r using or using HG10

Posted via CB10
    02-03-18 10:22 PM
    Latest version - downloaded, whitelisted, patched and installed it
    berradicted_fr likes this.
    02-04-18 06:45 AM
    Latest version - downloaded, whitelisted, patched and installed it
    Hi Ftmmsch,

did you patch hg10 source code ?
    may I ask you to publish the patch or path to the fork github repo ?

Best Regards,

Olivier
    03-22-18 05:37 AM
    Hi!

Would be great to have a native working XMPP client for my lovely Passport!

I have tried the latest official release of HG10 (https://github.com/amonchakai/Hg10/r...-1_4_2_187.bar) but found there is no support for Multi Chat Rooms, is that so?

Is there any other XMPP app (native) you are using?

Thanks for your help!
    01-31-19 04:40 AM
    Hi!

Would be great to have a native working XMPP client for my lovely Passport!

I have tried the latest official release of HG10 (https://github.com/amonchakai/Hg10/r...-1_4_2_187.bar) but found there is no support for Multi Chat Rooms, is that so?

Is there any other XMPP app (native) you are using?

Thanks for your help!
    It does seem that there is no support for chat rooms. I don't know of any other native XMPP app. As a result I use Yaxim, but it's an Android app.
    01-31-19 10:33 PM
    It does seem that there is no support for chat rooms. I don't know of any other native XMPP app. As a result I use Yaxim, but it's an Android app.
    It is a pity to know that, as the underlying library Hg10 is built on seems to support it.

Thanks for pointing me to the Android app, I am using Xabber myself, but I am in the (not very fortunate) search of using native applications (lighter, faster and better integrated IMHO).

Oh well, I will keep trying!

Cheers!
    02-01-19 07:22 AM
    None is working. Not the bar file - not the apk.

Allso, i don't remember the credentials.....
    03-05-23 12:26 PM
    None is working. Not the bar file - not the apk.

Allso, i don't remember the credentials.....
    This thread is over 4 years old, many things have changed in that time, it may just not work anymore, as time and technology have moved on.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-23 07:18 AM
    This thread is over 4 years old, many things have changed in that time, it may just not work anymore, as time and technology have moved on.
    Yeah that's one problem with a site this old.... lot's of links to instructions and files that are no longer there. Never mind some of the solutions are outdated and not relevant now.

It's one of the "costs" of using a BlackBerry device at this point... be it BBOS, BB10 or even an old Android powered BlackBerry.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-06-23 01:17 PM
293 ... 101112