I can confirm that it works.
    This will create a barcode linked to your starbucks card ( a 16 digit account number should be used)
    You can flash the barcode into their till and it will charge your account,
    Your rewards should add up but you will need to visit the website to check balances etc.
    Its best to do this on a PC.

Here's the process:

Go to:

http://www.barcoding.com/upc/

1. Type in your card's number
    2. Choose Code 39 option
    3. Choose JPG for your output
    4. Hit enter

Save the barcode to your PC then transfer it to your phone.

I used a bit of Photoshop and made the pic look like this:

Here's how to create a barcode for payment in Starbucks-demo2.jpg

Obviously I distorted the details.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by der_mit; 07-31-13 at 07:37 PM.
    07-23-13 04:16 PM
    Or you can use spotcast and add your bar code there

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 06:38 PM
    This will create a barcode linked to your starbucks card ( a 16 digit account number should be used)
    Your rewards should add up but you will need to visit the website to check balances etc. Here's the link to the instructions

http://dennisbmurphy.blogspot.co.uk/...lackberry.html

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting this!

Seems like a simple process, suprsied a BB10 developer hasn't decided to make an app that uses a simalr process. Would feel a big area of need.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-26-13 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10

This won't work for the gold rewards card.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:04 AM
    I actually tried it. But my Z10 tells me that it has no viewer to open the jpg file of the bar code. Weird...suggestions would be welcome.
    09-03-13 11:12 AM
    That is weird, it should just open like a photo in the photo app.

I use it every day in Starbucks,

I have auto top up set up on my gold card, I have a short cut saved with auto login to the starbucks mobile site on my Z10 home screen to view my rewards and stars.
    Who needs an app
    Last edited by der_mit; 09-03-13 at 02:31 PM.
    09-03-13 01:47 PM
    Uou can also use Spotcast, FidMe and Mobile-pocket applications from BB World to save your cards/barcodes.
    der_mit likes this.
    09-03-13 01:59 PM
    Uou can also use Spotcast, FidMe and Mobile-pocket applications from BB World to save your cards/barcodes.
    umm, just used "mobile pocket" from bb world, looks quite slick, it can create a barcode from your SB account number, choose type 39.
    I have scanned it on my point of sale register and it works, so it should work in a live Starbucks store, will give it a go later, Cheers gg22.

PS
    couldnt find Spotcast in BB world and Fidme looked a bit too busy, too much goin on in the app, if you know what I mean.
    09-03-13 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Spotcast doesn't generate a barcode on its own from the Starbucks card number. Using the work-around starbucks app on my WP8, I generated a starbucks barcode that works using that device.

I scanned it using Spotcast, but the resulting barcode does not work.

The WP8 app is pretty simple and works pretty good. Something like that for BB10 would be awesome.
    09-18-13 07:47 AM
    OP's method works very well! Thanks.

As a note, I didn't touch my PC. Did the whole process using just my Z10 browser and it works fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:06 AM
    Seems a bit odd that just creating a picture of your barcode would work. Seems too easy for anyone to create any barcode for any account??? Which is why obviously the details of the card/info were blurred/distorted above.
    09-18-13 03:39 PM
    It works.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:13 PM
    umm, just used "mobile pocket" from bb world, looks quite slick, it can create a barcode from your SB account number, choose type 39.
    I have scanned it on my point of sale register and it works, so it should work in a live Starbucks store, will give it a go later, Cheers gg22.

PS
    couldnt find Spotcast in BB world and Fidme looked a bit too busy, too much goin on in the app, if you know what I mean.
    If you've used the highlighted app, how well is it still working? How much info does that app/site store?

Whoops, obviously I need more coffee - I just pulled out my Starbucks card and it does not have a bar code but a magnetic strip!
    10-15-13 08:51 AM
    Hi F2.

The app works, it only stores your card number which creates a barcode which starbucks scan when you pay for your order. Starbucks point of sale systems do all the charging to your account.

Your Sb card should have a long number printed on it somewhere that's the number you should tap into the app to generate the barcode, you only need to do that once, you can also put a little picture to make the card look more realistic.

But yeah, it definitely works.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-13 02:04 PM
    This Evil little scheme will soon fall in to the depths of darkness, for have put an end to your scheming. I have Emailed Star Bucks HQ in Chiswick London and notified them of this attempt at fraud by falsifying barcodes on Starbucks Transaction Cards ! Being the Good Samaritan Evil Genius Geek that I am a copy of the Email to Star Bucks has also been sent to the polices department of major fraud.

This is an Email I wrote to Star Bucks regarding Fraudulent activity and the risk of star bucks losing money by means of fake bar codes on transaction cards used at star bucks. I just tried to report this to the Major fraud department online, but did not get past the first question. I would like this email to go to the Major Fraud Department as it seems the success rate of this hack is extremely high, on a forum of this type you can safely multiply each successful attempt at a hack by 12, for each digit in the total number of successful hacks divide by the number of successful hack attempts and than again by 2^3rd and than multiply by 10,000 and divide by 0.5 the answer is a rough estimate of the number of people who know how to do to do that particular hack successfully in one given city, change the 12 to 128 if you want you need to work out for a county. Thats a lot of people considering how fast information spreads.

Check out the link below and the information I enclosed in the email to Star Bucks, this could go from Major to International Fraud very quickly if it is not dealt with quickly.

To: [email protected]
    Subject: Monetary Security Risk
    Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:13:44 +0000

So I just found out about a Security Risk in the "Star Bucks Card" it is apparently possible to pay for drinks using a fake Bar Code created by a Bar Code Generator online. The Symbology code used to encrypt the information in the Bar Code is Code 39 and the Bar Code img output format chosen is JPG. The only information needed to be stored in the bar code is the card number.

Apparently their are a lot of people who say this is working.

Proof of this can be found on this website.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rbucks-831523/
    I been using Bar code labels to store information for years, I make my own labels print them and stick them on what ever, than Everything I need to know about an item is on the item, I just scan it. But I never realised you could pay for Items using a Bar code, frankly as a good samaritan hacker, (a hacker that hacks things to tell people about security flaws found so security can be improved), I find the whole concept of being able to make a transaction using a Bar Code very easy to hack, a payment cart will contain either a sort code or account number and part of the other number, the rest of the other number is encrypted and becomes visible once decryption has been done. Decryption of these numbers is just a set of mathematical calculations, anyone who knows how to do this can if they want to. The general rule is the Account number is decrypted via Luhn Mod 10 X2 (excluding account numbers applying to banks) the Sort Code is decrypted via Luhn Mod 10 / 4 (excluding sort codes applying to banks). Often Card Numbers have Letters in them, these just apply to the type of account, rank of account holder or permissions of account holder. Letters may also apply to the number of cards the account holder has been issued. Letters in a Card number may be Changed at any time, at this point the card holder will usually be sent a new card.

Cards that are going to be used for storing transaction data, should have a Finger print scanner on the card, and a chip. The chip can easily be re programed and it is possible to fool a fingerprint scanner, but very difficult to do both, especially if the store requires a Fingerprint scan of a random finger each time a transaction request is made as well.

So to combat this problem, you remove the current payment cards out of circulation. You have Chip and scan cards made with the a 3.5 by 3.5 micro fingerprint scanner and a chip. You have the chip programed with a biometric template of the users original finger print scan and card number. You have the In store scanner linked to the card scanner to retrieve Biometric data for the Random Finger Scan. You have to have a Bio match between the Fixed Finger Scan and The Random Finger Scan for the EPOS system to access the card number.

No Bar Code needed.
    Problem solved.
    I have also presented a working solution to your trickery, your fake bar codes will no longer work.

Last edited by aspergers; 11-14-13 at 06:03 PM. Reason: adding sent email update
    11-14-13 05:24 PM
    Thats ok, I now use the wonderful "MAKE" app for Starbucks (in bb world for FREE). a much more civilized experience.
    11-14-13 05:49 PM
    +1 for Make!
    12-12-13 08:32 AM
    Your rewards should add up but you will need to visit the website to check balances etc.
    Its best to do this on a PC.

Here's the process:

Go to:

Free Barcode Generator (with Multiple Formats) - by Barcoding Inc.

1. Type in your card's number
    2. Choose Code 39 option
    3. Choose JPG for your output
    4. Hit enter

Save the barcode to your PC then transfer it to your phone.

I used a bit of Photoshop and made the pic look like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demo2.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	187948

Obviously I distorted the details.

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    thanx for sharing this method , i want a try
    05-13-14 02:34 AM
    thanx for sharing this method , i want a try
    Use this dude.

Check out MAKE in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39171902

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 02:56 AM
    Also, the Android app works. If you download SNAP (in the Android app subforum, sticky) you can get the Starbucks app.
    05-13-14 09:52 AM
    Does it support NFC payment?

? CB10 ?
    05-22-14 11:59 AM
    Does it support NFC payment?

? CB10 ?
    I'm not sure but I don't think Starbucks supports it. We in the US are quite far behind. Still no chips-in-creditcards!!!
    05-22-14 03:13 PM
    I first used a bar code created from information from this thread.....then transitioned to Make which was a great quick fix. I've since switched to the Android app and it works better than all (tracking balance, rewards, etc.). Not sure how much improvement NFC would be over the android app.
    05-28-14 02:09 PM
    Make has a quick link into by your account via browser. I use it every day and love this app. Thank you developer!

Posted via my Z30 Droidberry.
    06-01-14 10:32 PM