I had never tried HERE maps before but apparently there seems to be a lot of buzz about the new beta in Google Play store. So I fired it up in the browser and it's pretty neat and I was actually impressed. I went into the about section to see this!!

HERE Maps BlackBerry 10 (Experimental)??-img_20141211_014011.png

So they are actually working on a BlackBerry 10 version and I do hope its for real. Will be a huge upgrade from the stock option!

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:13 PM
    I had never tried HERE maps before but apparently there seems to be a lot of buzz about the new beta in Google Play store. So I fired it up in the browser and it's pretty neat and I was actually impressed. I went into the about section to see this!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141211_014011.png 
Views:	1751 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	319871

So they are actually working on a BlackBerry 10 version and I do hope its for real. Will be a huge upgrade from the stock option!

Posted via CB10
    Probably just gonna be the android one. Wouldn't keep my hopes up

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:22 PM
    It will be available in blackberry world probably, hope it's not android port

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:37 PM
    Android port probably, but native would be great

Either way,it would be good to have it in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 02:39 PM
    Really Nokia work on a here maps option for BB ? I don't believe. In 2015 they want to create a apple variant but I don't see sow much interes in BlackBerry. This is the only,reason that keep me on Microsoft side. Ok two reason Nokia brand on my phone and here maps.
    12-10-14 03:05 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141211_014011.png 
Views:	1751 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	319871

Posted via CB10
    This is about Web version not app

Posted via CB10
    Daniel Calutul likes this.
    12-10-14 03:10 PM
    Please don't keep requoting op

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    12-10-14 03:29 PM
    Really Nokia work on a here maps option for BB ? I don't believe. In 2015 they want to create a apple variant but I don't see sow much interes in BlackBerry. This is the only,reason that keep me on Microsoft side. Ok two reason Nokia brand on my phone and here maps.
    And cortana. It really is superior to BlackBerry assistant in everyway

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 03:43 PM
    I think if they do make one they will make a native one. From what I have read, this comes from the Nokia which wasn't acquired by Microsoft (not sure if that's right) , the Nokia which is doing software and services for the major part and Here maps is their project. So I won't be surprised if they actually release a native one.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:14 PM
    This is about Web version not app

Posted via CB10
    They would have mentioned the browsers if it was the web version not the mobile platforms right?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:17 PM
    It's definitely the Web version.
    If for the app, windows phone has the original one, with most features, yet it's "experimental "

Posted via Z10
    12-11-14 02:19 AM
    I think if they do make one they will make a native one. From what I have read, this comes from the Nokia which wasn't acquired by Microsoft (not sure if that's right) , the Nokia which is doing software and services for the major part and Here maps is their project. So I won't be surprised if they actually release a native one.

Posted via CB10
    You are right: Here is product of independent Nokia company.
    You are wrong: "...the Nokia which is doing software and services..." Nokia main business is producing devices for mobile infrastructure.
    12-11-14 02:34 AM
    Hints why this is only the web app:

• you see this from the browser, not from the app
    • there's no app for ios yet it says ios 5 supported
    • it says android 2.3 supported while the app has 4.1 minimum
    • firefox os that means web app
    • windows phone experimental - windows phone has the best, most complete app, how can be experimental
    • before the "app" was just a web view over the website, then they removed it from the bad reviews
    12-11-14 03:03 AM
    Install and try NMaps from BBW. HERE Maps.

Excellent. U can register and sign in too.

ABOUT Screen Attached.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 319992
    nmduc073 likes this.
    12-11-14 03:15 AM
    I've been using this for quite some time now and as far as I'm concerned it works perfectly on my Q10, despite the "experimental" caveat. Yes, it is a web app but it has the useful facility to download and store a map area such as your local city on the device. This reduces lag, speeds up navigation and cuts the amount of network data you use while on the move.

Hopefully the remaining part of Nokia that produces "Here" (which wasn't sold to Microsoft) will now produce dedicated cross platform navigation applications. Here really is the gold standard in mobile navigation. No one else comes close... especially BlackBerry
    Deitzanova likes this.
    12-11-14 03:26 AM
    You are right: Here is product of independent Nokia company.
    You are wrong: "...the Nokia which is doing software and services..." Nokia main business is producing devices for mobile infrastructure.
    Oh ok! Thanks for clearing that part!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:57 AM
    Hints why this is only the web app:

• you see this from the browser, not from the app
    • there's no app for ios yet it says ios 5 supported
    • it says android 2.3 supported while the app has 4.1 minimum
    • firefox os that means web app
    • windows phone experimental - windows phone has the best, most complete app, how can be experimental
    • before the "app" was just a web view over the website, then they removed it from the bad reviews
    I see your point(s). Damn! Had my hopes high for a moment there!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:02 AM