I canceled my netflix account and then emailed them with my account details with an explanation that though I was happy with their service, I would only reopen my account if or when they had a fully functional BlackBerry 10 app available. I don't imagine they really care about losing me as a customer, but hey, I vote with my wallet. Asking for something usually isn't enough, but cost them on their balance sheets and things get done.
    Yup. Canceled my account a long time ago.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-18-13 07:52 PM
    Yes, nice that your 50 inch television is as portable as a Z10 with an HDMI cable. So, you can even take your 50 inch television with you while you travel! Some people have all the luck!
    dknv9 likes this.
    02-25-13 11:11 AM
    Here s a screen shot and video soon to come of what I was just told by a Netflix agent in chat, she actually thought the Z10 was blackberry's new tablet...*Facepalm* and here's a video I took of the whole thing and yes I am a shareholder, I have a varied portfolio.
    Attached Thumbnails Help us get Netflix on BB10!-explanation.jpg  
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 02-25-13 at 11:27 PM.
    02-25-13 01:03 PM
    Here s a screen shot and video soon to come of what I was just told by a Netflix agent in chat, she actually thought the Z10 was blackberry's new tablet...*Facepalm* and here's a video I took of the whole thing and yes I am a shareholder, I have a varied portfolio. if it's not working it may just be still processing..
    I think she was trying to use BIS as an excuse?
    02-25-13 05:42 PM
    I think she was trying to use BIS as an excuse?
    Agreed. At least that is how it seems to me as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    02-25-13 08:03 PM
    i cancelled my netflix after this. Support those that support you... sold my shares that i bought ages ago. ether way, she made herself out to be a complete moron, at least in my eyes. a **** and bull story to say the least.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    02-25-13 11:24 PM
    I shared this in another thread, but thought you guys should know...I had a chat with Netflix Customer Customer Service and the agent hinted that Netflix will make an announcement about a BB10 app soon.

My chat (edited):

Cyrus (Me): Do you have an ETA on a Blackberry 10 app?
    Eric (agent): Ah! I get that questions alot.
    Eric: I would suggest that you check blog.netflix.com for any announcements.
    Cyrus: Is that a hint? Should we expect something soon.
    Eric: I am sorry but I cannot tell you more than that.
    Cyrus: Thank you!
    R Field likes this.
    02-26-13 11:42 AM
    From what I understand Netflix Canada does NOT believe supporting Netflix on BlackBerry devices would increase their subscriptions. Basically, there is no economic benefit to Netflix. It would end up costing them money. I am sure if they could make more money by supporting Blackberry devices, they would!
    My opinion: Netflix needs to modify their business model and charge a modest fee for all mobile devices. I would pay a few bucks for that.
    Just a thought...
    03-04-13 02:22 AM
    Yes, nice that your 50 inch television is as portable as a Z10 with an HDMI cable. So, you can even take your 50 inch television with you while you travel! Some people have all the luck!
    Exactly what I was thinking...not to mention that the PB is going to be running BB10 soon and that has an HDMI output as well. Ready to be hooked up to any
    TV with HDMI inputs.

Nobody expects to watch Netflix on their phones in Blackberry World...we have the ability to hook up the big boys.
    03-04-13 03:19 AM
    ***deleted***
    03-04-13 04:37 PM
    I was a member but canceled my service so I don't have the chat option. . .I did call the customer service number and was told it was up to Blackberry to make the app available. . .chatted a bit about how that was not true and was eventually giving the "corporate" phone number . . .
    (408) 540-3700
    and email [email protected] . . .of cource this email is not for customer request but what the heck. . .I sent an email to it anyway. . .I may call the number but I don't want Netflix that bad. . .lol
    03-04-13 05:45 PM
    I want it on my BB 10 and was excited to get it. I am a little heart broken to hear that it is not coming. It seems like a lot of potential subscribers are being over looked, with the mini HDMI port it makes it so easy to stream onto the big screen and with the new platform and it long term goals. Netflix, if you are listening, make the app!!
    03-05-13 12:34 PM
    I just cancelled my long-time Netflix account because I was expecting their support for my new BB-Z10

I think the best way to get the message to them is cancelling your account (temporary or permanently) and writing a message telling them why.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    03-05-13 01:12 PM
    the video I made, was on my Z10
    03-06-13 10:07 AM
    From what I understand Netflix Canada does NOT believe supporting Netflix on BlackBerry devices would increase their subscriptions. Basically, there is no economic benefit to Netflix. It would end up costing them money. I am sure if they could make more money by supporting Blackberry devices, they would!
    My opinion: Netflix needs to modify their business model and charge a modest fee for all mobile devices. I would pay a few bucks for that.
    Just a thought...
    Making money off it is not the point. The point is they are not listening to what their customers want. Also, I don't think there is anybody that bought and Android or iPad specifically for Netflix, they were most likely already existing customers of Netflix.
    03-11-13 01:12 AM
    Yes, but take your Z10 to your hotel room and plug in an hdmi cable to the tv and you have and pretty good netflix experience.

If I wanted to watch netflix I have 2 HD tvs 50" and 36" 2 computers ps3 and xbox 360. I think watching tv or movies on a smartphone is pathetic.
    03-11-13 03:16 AM
    I think more to the point Netflix should support the BB10 browser. That's all I need. As long as it's HTML 5 so it can show me selections based on my screen size and stream video appropriately. Gold!
    03-11-13 03:20 AM
67 123