Now that we know that Netflix is not coming to BB10 at Launch, we need to get our voices heard and put some pressure on Netflix to make an app.

I recently chatted with a Netflix representative who told me that he rarely gets any request for a Blackberry app, but he told me that he could start to "track" this feedback, so that with enough customer requests, they would be able to push this request to higher ranks, so that eventually they can start working on a Netflix App for Blackberry. The representative actually encouraged me to have Netflix customers start a chat session and request for the App.

Now I am calling on all Netflix Members on Crackberry to go to https://contactus.netflix.com/Help and start a chat session to request Netflix for BB10.

Here is an excerpt from our chat:

You
    When are you guys going to have an App for Blackberry?

Netflix James
    Hey Cyrus, Blackberry, I didn't realize till now that we didn't have an app for them. Also, we don't get this chat very often. However, I can track this for feedback. Our customer's feedback go a looong way to any changes being made. Would you like me to do that?

You
    Please do. It makes no sense for you guys to not be on Blackberry... Blackberries have 30% smartphone market share in Canada and 20% market share in UK and are very strong in latin america. These are all markets that you are expanding...I feel as though there is a Silicon Valley bias.

Netflix James
    Great point. Very solid feedback. I had no idea that blackberry had that much control of the market in the areas you mentioned. That's because they don't educate us on them though. All they say is how android and Apple have all the control. Can you give me a second to place that track for you?

You
    Thanks and please do. I really love Netflix and I would really want to watch it on my Blackberry.

Netflix James
    Thanks for patiently waiting, I just concluded with the track and if you know other people that want this application, tell them to chat in so we can build a solid profile for them.
    nt300, a1s2d3f4g5 and Ranga_Matrix like this.
    01-30-13 06:44 PM
    im posting on netflix's facebook page.
    01-30-13 06:50 PM
    Also start a chat if you are a member. Apparently that's the best way to get the message across..
    01-31-13 09:29 AM
    Nobody else wants Netflix on BB10??
    robkd and del piero like this.
    02-01-13 11:46 AM
    If I wanted movies, I'd watch them on my 50 inch.

Netflics in Canada sucks anyways.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-01-13 12:21 PM
    Nobody else wants Netflix on BB10??
    Here we go again.

I don't want Netflix - I'm not a subscriber. To say that nobody else wants Netflix on BB10 is - well - foolish.
    02-01-13 12:28 PM
    Just copied and pasted your points into my own netflix chat.... hopefully somebody listens
    02-01-13 12:38 PM
    I should add to my comment above that not having Netflix yet is also not the be all, end all for BlackBerry either.
    02-01-13 12:43 PM
    I talked to a Netflix representative at a Nokia Dev event last Dec. and they said that they had no plans to develop for Black Berry in the near future. The representative said it would not make sense to make a mobile app for Black Berry because the BB users were not in their target markets. The only way I see a Netlfix app coming to BB10 is if the phones sell well and BlackBerry helps Netflix create the app.
    02-01-13 12:53 PM
    I talked to a Netflix representative at a Nokia Dev event last Dec. and they said that they had no plans to develop for Black Berry in the near future. The representative said it would not make sense to make a mobile app for Black Berry because the BB users were not in their target markets. The only way I see a Netlfix app coming to BB10 is if the phones sell well and BlackBerry helps Netflix create the app.
    You should call them again. Apparently they are saying the opposite now. I guess all we can do is wait to find out.
    02-01-13 01:01 PM
    It's funny cause I want it on my z10 basically just to say I have it haha. Currently have Netflix on my note 2 and barely use it and my screen is huge lol
    02-01-13 01:11 PM
    Well when Blackberry offered to write the app and still said no. Where does that leave em? The selection in Canada sucks anyways thanks to the CRTC.
    02-01-13 01:32 PM
    Well when Blackberry offered to write the app and still said no. Where does that leave em? The selection in Canada sucks anyways thanks to the CRTC.
    The Netflix selection in Canada is probably still better than the NFB selection
    02-01-13 01:49 PM
    The selection in Canada is amazing with a US VPN
    pmccartney likes this.
    02-01-13 01:56 PM
    I so want to be back on a BB

NetFlix has me addicted though

2 eps of Scrubs before bed is a perfect relaxer
    02-01-13 02:59 PM
    BlackBerry is in talks with them.
    02-01-13 03:06 PM
    If I wanted to watch netflix I have 2 HD tvs 50" and 36" 2 computers ps3 and xbox 360. I think watching tv or movies on a smartphone is pathetic.
    02-01-13 06:12 PM
    This isn't really going to do much seeing as the Netflix app is already in development and almost ready.
    02-01-13 06:23 PM
    Opened up a chat session tonight which I've attached. They made the note, and will pass it along that there is interest. Also pointed her to the crackberry forums so they can see there is a lot of interest in this. Now we just hurry up and wait to see...

Help us get Netflix on BB10!-screen-shot-2013-02-01-8.42.30-pm.jpg
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:46 PM
    Whenever you talk to a netflix rep about bb10 add the sidenote of GETTING BETTER MOVIES!!! Right now its worth getting it 1 or 2 months out of the year. with 6 months inbetween each month. That way you have something new to watch. And I cant think of anything worth watching on my phone. Honestly Ive never met a single person in my life who watches netflix on there phone.
    02-01-13 11:34 PM
    I'm a Netflix subscriber and I've never really cared about my playbook or my Z10 (when I get it) having a NetFlix app. The only reason I'd like to see it on BB10 is because so many other people seem to want it badly
    02-01-13 11:57 PM
    Just What's ridiculous is PlayBook won't play Netflix off the Internet. Keeps telling me the OS is not supported. Obviously this is Netflix sticking it to BlackBerry owners for some reason. Quite foolish IMO.

BlackBerry 10 should get a Netflix App despite some people not caring. For publicity we need one.
    02-02-13 08:55 PM
    Just What's ridiculous is PlayBook won't play Netflix off the Internet. Keeps telling me the OS is not supported. Obviously this is Netflix sticking it to BlackBerry owners for some reason. Quite foolish IMO.

BlackBerry 10 should get a Netflix App despite some people not caring. For publicity we need one.
    No Silverlight

No one is sticking anything to anyone.
    02-02-13 09:35 PM
    Just had an online chat with a rep at Netflix (My account is in the UK, agent in the US):

Netflix Derik
    Alright so it looks like we are trying to work out something with blackberry right now because we have been getting multiple chats about this issue.
    02-03-13 10:23 AM
    I just had a chat with a rep 2 mins ago

Help us get Netflix on BB10!-netflix.png

here we go
    02-03-13 11:57 AM
67 123