Hello all, sorry if this topic had been discussed before. Did a search but nothing came up. I just got the flip case for my z10. I was hoping it would help with battery life as my z10 drains battery faster than my old 9900 which is quite dissapointing. It turns out that the auto lock feature of the flip case does not work at all. It does not turn off when close and doesnt turn on when open. What did i do wrong? Anyone has any idea? Do i have to change something for it to work? It is really frustating. Please help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by allinz10; 03-24-13 at 11:35 PM.
    03-24-13 10:08 AM
    Hi allinz, you could try "triggering " the sensor by going into settings - device password- lock device when holstered, toggle between on/off.
    Also the flap has to be quite flat on the screen , it should ease up after a while but you could try pressing it smoothly closed - if. you then just open the first bit of the flap, the screen should be off but when you open the whole flap the screen comes on, see how you get on.
    Cheers.
    03-24-13 10:38 AM
    Thanks der_mit, seems like I have to setup password to on the holstered feature?
    As for making the flip flat I ve tried everything, pushing it flat, let it close by itself, close and open it fast, nothing works. Is it because I have screen protector? It shouldnt be right? I am so confused now. I love my z10 but with the battery life and now this, I dont know anymore. Thanks again for your reply.
    03-24-13 11:00 AM
    How Long is your battery life? And what is your OS number? Do you have apps like whatsapp or BB-Travel Running? Do you have Battery Guru to make some Screenshots
    03-24-13 11:49 AM
    Really sorry to hear bout your battery life. I have really great battery life , more than 20 hours between charges, what do i do? I guess i close the apps when im not using them, i have 4 inboxes i just set them up as normal, left them on default settings and i get the mail pdq, faster than the pc gets em.
    Really hope you get to the bottom of it

Best luck.
    03-24-13 12:54 PM
    Hi Escon, thanks for the reply. Really appreciated.i do have whatsapp but I always close it whenever I am done. I make sure no active frame is running. On average, it lasts 7-8 hours. I am definitely not a heavy user I guess compared to Kevin M of crackberry. I read somewhere he started 6 am and done by 2 am with 20 percent battery life (did long bb video calls he said). That is amazing.

Os from the latest update is 10.0.10.90.

I am new here so I am not sure if I have managed to upload the screenshot correctly.

I also have a video showing that my flip case does not work. How do I upload?

How Long is your battery life? And what is your OS number? Do you have apps like whatsapp or BB-Travel Running? Do you have Battery Guru to make some Screenshots
    Attached Thumbnails Help with flip case please-img-20130325-wa0000.jpg  
    Last edited by allinz10; 03-24-13 at 07:36 PM.
    03-24-13 07:18 PM
    Thanks again der_mit,
    I really envy you for getting 20 hours of batt life. I have 2 gmails, 2 yahoos, 1 pop which is set at manual sync, facebook. Among these, only 1 is set with push on. Even my 9900 could handle all of these and more. I am really sad.

Display is less than 50%, down to 3g (wifi when at home), locations, bluetooth, nfc off.... I dont know what else to do. Called bb tech, he said to drain the batt completely and charged for more than 8 hours. Did that, improved a bit but still no way close to 18-24 hours which I consider excellent.

I have a video showing the flip case not doing the auto on/off. How to upload?

Really sorry to hear bout your battery life. I have really great battery life , more than 20 hours between charges, what do i do? I guess i close the apps when im not using them, i have 4 inboxes i just set them up as normal, left them on default settings and i get the mail pdq, faster than the pc gets em.
    Really hope you get to the bottom of it

Best luck.
    03-24-13 07:32 PM

Here is the video of my flipcase. Thanks
    03-24-13 08:14 PM
    Well, you can always just turn the screen off with the power button and not rely on the battery saving feature of the flip case (i.e. just treat it like any other case). I assume you have screen turn off set fairly quickly and brightness down? The brightness of the screen is actually the worst in terms of killing battery life.

I don't have my device right now (still waiting for BB to deliver it), but I'll test it with my flip case and see if it's an OS bug.
    03-24-13 08:22 PM
    hi allinz, me again.
    Your case might be faulty, it has a magnet inside the flap that turns the screen off when you close it but in your video it looks like it isnt working, any chance you could get it exchanged by whoever sold it to you? either way I dont think that will solve your battery problem as i dont think the case saves much power really.
    you might be real unlucky and have a faulty batt as well, maybe the store could swap the battery for you.

good luck.
    03-24-13 09:06 PM
    Thanks for replying. Yes brightness is less than 50 percent and screen locks down after 10 seconds.

I bought the case for this particular function. I am so frustated with blackberry now.
    03-24-13 11:23 PM
    Hi Allinz10,

I had the same issue on my Z30 (with an official BB flip case). I fully powered off, removed the case, then replaced the case and powered on. It seems OK for now. Regards, Matt
    12-03-13 08:00 AM