After several weeks of struggle, I do now believe that (certain?) headless BB10 apps are in conflict with each other, when running headless on the same phone. Here is ths story:

I purchased Profile Changer Pro, some months ago, with headless support. Defined some "location profiles", i.e. based upon location coordinates, it would turn the silent profile on, and back to normal, when movindg away from that location. Worked like a charm, and turned out to be very practical for turning silent on/off when e.g. visiting a favourite restaurant of mine etc.

Many weeks later, I purchased BeBuzz Pro, as soon as headless support became available. Besides some obvious bugs (which I reported to their support desk and did get no feedback in weeks, which is very annoying, but a different story), it was running OK - sometimes. I defined colourful LED notifcations, sounds and vibrato patterns for 6 or 7 of my favourite contacts. Unfortunately, these notification sometimes work, and sometimes they don't - meaning I'm either getting no notifications at all, or LED only and no sound, or the standard LED instead of the individual one etc.

First of all I suspected BeBuzz to be that buggy - and, to a degree I still think so. I think that e.g. notification sound goes away generally after e.g. connecting to an external speaker via Bluetooth, and after putting the phone in bedside mode and back to normal.

But sometimes these problems occur without an obvious reason. Then I discovered that also my location profiles on profile changer did no longer work - no more switch to silent profile happens when moving into these places that I defined.

I cannot technically prove what I'm saying. But based on my gut feeling after several weeks of struggling with these issues I think that the headless APIs might not always work properly when running in parallel, and interfere in a negative manner. I can e.g. observe profile changer to check my current location through GPS, and think that this might distract BeBuzz's headless tasks that happen to run at the same time.

As a matter of fact, I will have to stop using or even to deinstall these headless apps, as their unreliable behaviour turned out to be extremely annoying and, in case of BeBuzz, even made me miss some important messages sometimes.

I think that some serious work on these APIs and/or these headless apps is needed urgently.
    04-09-14 05:48 AM
    With the case that you presented, I tend to agree with you. Maybe try deleting ONE of these apps and see if the remaining one runs well?
    The colored LED apps have their share of issues. All of them. So I don't think you are incorrect in supposing this.
    04-09-14 09:25 AM
    Yes I tried that too, and (again) THINK that e.g. BeBuzz performed better without the other headless app being active.
    The issue is however, that because of the (suspected) app bugs, it is very hard to tell if a problem comes from these or from the (suspected) API bugs.
    I hope that, by describing this case here, either the app developers or BB or both may read about it and look into it.
    04-09-14 11:56 AM