OnLocation headless app

OnLocation let you to configure multiple locations such as your home, work, school, fitness club, grocery store, pub etc. Whenever you enter or exit the location contacts of your choice can be notified using text message. You configure default contact list to be notified and then customize it for every location as you wish.

Notification can be sent upon your arrival, departure or both. Text of notification is can be set for every location separately.
    For selected locations you can also publish notification into your personal BlackBerry Hub.
    But there is more. For every location you can change your notification profile (Normal, Silent, Vibrate, Phone Calls Only or All Alerts Off).

Headless Apps Announcements! (one-stop Headless App thread)-img_00000286.png

Headless Apps Announcements! (one-stop Headless App thread)-img_00000287.png

Headless Apps Announcements! (one-stop Headless App thread)-img_00000288.png

Headless Apps Announcements! (one-stop Headless App thread)-img_00000289.png

Attached Thumbnails Headless Apps Announcements! (one-stop Headless App thread)-img_00000285.png  
    SirJes, Mack Gans and Omnitech like this.
    11-28-13 10:14 PM
    Nice!! What a way to revive the thread! since you already have pics, I'll add just the name to the op

CLICK HERE To Join My Music Channel. Please&Thanks.
    macroberry likes this.
    11-28-13 10:26 PM
    Just bought Flip Shush with the hope to bring back a function of old Nokia Symbian device - flip to snooze alarm.
    No luck here - it just mutes the sound but the alarm keeps ringing (muted) hence it will never ring again. Dangerous

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:20 PM
    OnLocation headless app

OnLocation let you to configure multiple locations such as your home, work, school, fitness club, grocery store, pub etc. Whenever you enter or exit the location contacts of your choice can be notified using text message. You configure default contact list to be notified and then customize it for every location as you wish.

Notification can be sent upon your arrival, departure or both. Text of notification is can be set for every location separately.
    For selected locations you can also publish notification into your personal BlackBerry Hub.
    But there is more. For every location you can change your notification profile (Normal, Silent, Vibrate, Phone Calls Only or All Alerts Off).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000286.png 
Views:	4086 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	225212

Name:	IMG_00000287.png 
Views:	4080 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	225213

Name:	IMG_00000288.png 
Views:	4079 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	225214

Name:	IMG_00000289.png 
Views:	4075 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	225215

Is this using GPS coordinates or cell tower ids?
    If it's the first, it would be battery enemy I guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:23 PM
    Is this using GPS coordinates or cell tower ids?
    If it's the first, it would be battery enemy I guess.

Posted via CB10
    It uses geomonoring feature integrated into BB10 10.2. Presumably it is most battery friendly way to monitor location (as it has been implemented by BlackBerry themselves).
    12-03-13 07:15 AM
    The OnLocation upgrade is available at BlackBerry world
    1.1.0.4 resolves issue of "left location" notification profile change. It has other improvements:
    1) Additional way to add location (no dependency on BlackBerry Maps)
    2) Show location in both BlackBerry and Google Maps
    3) Show your current location coordinates on main application screen
    FF22 likes this.
    12-03-13 07:17 AM
    SMS Blocker is also running headless
    12-03-13 05:18 PM
    Yay OP title corrected.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 05:55 PM
    12-04-13 12:58 PM
    Come on call blocker! Can't wait for this type of app.
    12-05-13 04:29 PM
    OnLocation headless app

Name:	IMG_00000286.png 
Views:	4086 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	225212

Name:	IMG_00000287.png 
Views:	4080 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	225213

Name:	IMG_00000288.png 
Views:	4079 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	225214

Name:	IMG_00000289.png 
Views:	4075 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	225215

I got the app for me and my wife, works great and the developer is very responsive and is working to improve the app with more features. This kind of app is what I was missing.
    12-05-13 04:36 PM
    Two things I would need before buying this app to make it useful for me:

1. Time profiles. If I leave the office lunch or a meeting, the fianc� doesn?t need to know. If I leave after 4pm then she would be messaged and it would be Correct.

2. BBM a contact. Most people I converse with are via BBM and not text. If it did that....

Winrar!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 04:53 PM
    I want ColorID AND Wallpaper HD to run headless. If these few listed can do it, so can they!!

Thanks Jes for this thread!
    12-05-13 05:02 PM
    Two things I would need before buying this app to make it useful for me:

1. Time profiles. If I leave the office lunch or a meeting, the fianc� doesn?t need to know. If I leave after 4pm then she would be messaged and it would be Correct.

2. BBM a contact. Most people I converse with are via BBM and not text. If it did that....

Winrar!

Posted via CB10
    Not time profiles and no BBM, I suggested some features to the developer (didn't occurred time profiles) and the only one that couldn't be done is BBM because the BB API don't let, but you can PIN message or email, anyway is not implemented yet, but contact the developer to suggest the features you like.

I would like to see this app improve so I hope some more people support the developer.

These were the suggestions I sent:

• Send message with bbm
    • Could it be possible to add commands with voice commands? You should ask BlackBerry to integrate your app to voice commands, they should, the potential of this app with voice commands is huge
    • Add options like "the next time I enter/leave location" to remind you to do something just for one time
    • As the last one but keep notification alive for a period of time for example between December 1 until December 5 remember me to take my medicine when I get home, maybe also stating a minimum hour so if you come early let's say for lunch it doesn't trigger the reminder if you have to take the pills at night
    • Send the reminder to someone via email, for example I send my wife "when you get home please record the walking dead" this actually happened today I told her to record me the show because I was coming late to home and she forgot, maybe you send a file in a format that opens the app and has the data in xml inside it

The developer told me that the last 3 are perfectly doable, voice commands and BBM not yet I guess.
    12-05-13 05:10 PM
    What one developer mentioned the other day is that there are 2 kinds of headless apps in BB10, a standard version and a "long-running" version.

Apparently Blackberry has not approved/given authorization for any of the "long-running" headless apps yet, but some devs are using the standard headless category to run what would normally require the "long-running" category of headless app, which they are not supposed to do.
    12-05-13 06:33 PM
    Forgot to mention; on 11/25, iGrann was approved for becoming a Long Running Headless Application and it is implemented in Beta 4
    lmsilvam, tryfe and bluetroll like this.
    12-06-13 12:32 AM
    Forgot to mention; on 11/25, iGrann was approved for becoming a Long Running Headless Application and it is implemented in Beta 4
    Looking forward to it!

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-06-13 01:35 AM
    Congratulations, I think you are the first to specifically make that claim that I am aware of.
    12-06-13 06:10 AM
    Anyone know of any more headless apps!?

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    12-06-13 07:55 AM
    For me to purchase Onlocation i would want it to have the ability to turn off/on nfc, wifi, bluetooth or other system functions based on my locations to save battery! This is a MUST

12-06-13 08:06 AM
    For me to purchase Onlocation i would want it to have the ability to turn off/on nfc, wifi, bluetooth or other system functions based on my locations to save battery! This is a MUST

I grabbed it due to a series of PT (physical therapy) appts and then the occasional doc, dentist, etc appts. The opera is another place. Turning off NOISE while in those places has always been an objective but I tend to forget. This should handle that. Adding more features could be nice but I'll take what it now offers.
    12-06-13 08:35 AM
    Well done sir!

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    12-07-13 02:37 PM
    72 posts and 5 apps. The thread idea was real good but now it's just comments and comments and comments and....
    We need a thread that lists headless apps with no comments, just announcements only.

yes I'm feeling a tad crusty this morning.
    NickMcBride likes this.
    12-08-13 08:41 AM
    If only any random person could start a new thread with any topic he or she so chooses.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 09:06 AM
    72 posts and 5 apps. The thread idea was real good but now it's just comments and comments and comments and....
    We need a thread that lists headless apps with no comments, just announcements only.

yes I'm feeling a tad crusty this morning.

Actually the easiest solution is to just have the original poster update the first post each time an app is announced.

Then all someone needs to do is read the first post and they will have the latest list.

I don't think SirJes would mind doing that. [poke poke]
    moody likes this.
    12-08-13 09:14 AM
154 12345 ...