Could someone over there please organise a poll?

I reckon the answer is zero or perhaps 3 who don't use Twitter.

I mean what the heck?!! How can one of the major social networking apps like Twitter on BB10 be broken and not get a fix ASAP?

There should be some major running around going on to get this one fixed. Whatever you think of Twitter it has to be recognised that it is vitally important to a large number of people including MAJOR businesses.

This is NOT how BlackBerry should be treating it's customer base. Why would you even move to BlackBerry Android if this is how they leave their loyal BB10 customers out in the cold?

C'mon BlackBerry show BB10 just a little love.....please!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:53 PM
    What issue(s) are you having. I just scanned the first page of threads here, and none are about the twitter app.

PS - Changed the thread title so you may get help. I can assure you,employees use BlackBerrys, and lashing out instead of seeking assistance is counterproductive.
    Darren StJean likes this.
    02-27-16 11:32 PM
    I don't use Twitter all that much but do follow WSDOT (WA State transportation - traffic and pass info) and NPR. But the other day someone was having some kind of issue with pictures or some such. I don't recall the details but since I'm such a limited Twitter user I was not really concerned.

So what issues are you having?
    02-28-16 12:01 AM
    Native Twitter app has stopped displaying pictures just within the past week or so. Plenty of threads on it actually.

As for WSDOT, it's always showing all green and no blocking incidents although I'm at a complete stop usually around the Canyon Park area and 527.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-28-16 12:07 AM
    My initial thread title stated 'Is anyone at BlackBerry Headquarters Canada Even Using a BB10 Phone? '. Hence my first sentence about taking a poll.

As stated above the problem is that we cannot see any pictures on the native Twitter app due to a bug which adds an * at the start of the URL and some other characters at the end.

The reason I asked the initial question about BB10 usage at BlackBerry Headquarters is I'm surprised a fix hasn't been found sooner as this will be causing significant problems for a number of major BlackBerry customers.

I would be most grateful if the people at BlackBerry could help out as soon as possible.

Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-28-16 12:18 AM
    I presume they're aware of it and working on a fix, but if they weren't aware, they are now.
    02-28-16 12:25 AM
    I presume they're aware of it and working on a fix, but if they weren't aware, they are now.
    We have a 3 pages topic on this problem in the BB10 OS subforum and it appears that BB and Twitter are both blaming each other (at least, that's what they are telling us when we mail both them - mailed by multiple members) so they're not working a fix.
    02-28-16 04:01 AM
    We have a 3 pages topic on this problem in the BB10 OS subforum and it appears that BB and Twitter are both blaming each other (at least, that's what they are telling us when we mail both them - mailed by multiple members) so they're not working a fix.
    I'll take some responsibility for not moving those posts to the app section, where they belong.

Have y'all received an update to Twitter, and the problem occurred then, or did this start out of the blue? Can you still access everything from the browser?
    02-28-16 06:46 AM
    I'll take some responsibility for not moving those posts to the app section, where they belong.

Have y'all received an update to Twitter, and the problem occurred then, or did this start out of the blue? Can you still access everything from the browser?
    No update, started out of the blue, same day Twitter made changes to API. See log changes here. https://mobile.twitter.com/twitterapi

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-28-16 08:49 PM
    No update, started out of the blue, same day Twitter made changes to API. See log changes here. https://mobile.twitter.com/twitterapi

Posted via CB10
    Well there ya go. Thanks!
    02-28-16 08:53 PM
    Could someone over there please organise a poll?

I reckon the answer is zero or perhaps 3 who don't use Twitter.

I mean what the heck?!! How can one of the major social networking apps like Twitter on BB10 be broken and not get a fix ASAP?

There should be some major running around going on to get this one fixed. Whatever you think of Twitter it has to be recognised that it is vitally important to a large number of people including MAJOR businesses.

This is NOT how BlackBerry should be treating it's customer base. Why would you even move to BlackBerry Android if this is how they leave their loyal BB10 customers out in the cold?

C'mon BlackBerry show BB10 just a little love.....please!

Posted via CB10
    Moving to BlackBerry Android won't be an issue because there's no problem with Twitter there.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 10:16 PM
    Google apk for fun....search for Twitter download....install....works great...no issues

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 04:40 PM
    Is there a way to delete the cache on the Android Twitter app? Or do I have to periodically uninstall / reinstall as with the BB10 version?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 05:16 PM
    Is there a way to delete the cache on the Android Twitter app? Or do I have to periodically uninstall / reinstall as with the BB10 version?

Posted via CB10
    Settings - > Application Manager - > Twitter
    Or just go to Storage - > Cache, clear that and reboot.
    03-02-16 06:13 PM
    BB10 twitter is junk. So is Blaq. I use Twitter on an iPhone 4S because it just works.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 06:50 PM
    Thanks Fret

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 07:00 PM
    The Android version does seem to be the answer. Look and feel just like the native BB10 but w/o glitches

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 08:58 AM
    I won't sideload the Android version. It doesn't feel as smooth with the scrolling or background operations. Also, hub integration is nice to have. I carry my iPhone 4S -only- for my third party twitter client.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 10:02 AM
    Kindly... can we get any notification here when this picture issue is resolved...
    And in the meantime ; are there any alternatives???

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 05:26 AM
    And in the meantime ; are there any alternatives???

Posted via CB10
    Twittly and Blaq in BlackBerry World. Most people seem to favour Blaq.

Posted via CB10
    jaqjordan likes this.
    03-04-16 06:50 AM
    No.. that's not what I meant.. I mean if I deleted twitter app which came pre-installed with the device... and then reinstall it but from Amazon or anywhere else (like Mobile 1 app store).. will that picture issue be solved because of the difference in version...
    And if I did that, will my twitter account still be active in the BlackBerry Hub or not???
    Thanks..

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 02:16 AM
    It just started working!

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 393238
    03-05-16 03:36 AM
    It just started working!

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 393238
    Hooly dooly your right. How awesome is that! Trust me to have just bought Blaq earlier today! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-05-16 04:10 AM
    Blaq is great in its own way, but there is understated elegance in native TW app. Plus we got to keep the stars

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 04:20 AM
    Blaq is great in its own way, but there is understated elegance in native TW app. Plus we got to keep the stars

Posted via CB10
    Yes I tend to agree with you I like the the 'simple' clean look of the native app.

Not sure how well you know Blaq but wondered if I could ask you a quick question. I've had a couple of my tweets favourited and can't find the notification for this anywhere in the Blaq app.

I can see the Mentions section but this only shows replies to my tweets.

Does Blaq notify you when someone favourites a tweet?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 04:31 AM
51 123