Just a quick note to the crackberry community to let you know that we have released version 5.1 of Viira, our popular app for Getting Things Done.

Viira is our powerful, feature-rich yet easy-to-use app designed specifically with Getting Things Done in mind. It is a native BB10 Cascades app and offers full support for all key aspects of GTD like projects, (multiple) contexts, next actions, day tasks and a whole lot more. The latest version comes with a free trial that you can download from BlackBerry World and is available for the Z10, Q10 and Q5.

Here is what is new in the latest version 5.1:
    - Reminders. Every task in Viira for BlackBerry 10 can now have a reminder. Reminders are associated with a system-level reminder event and you can see them in your BlackBerry 10 Calendar.
    - Contact Tasks: add a touch of CRM to your GTD system and add a contact to a task with ease. You can now manage contacts, customers and key relationships and integrate them in your portable GTD system.
    - Task Reordering. You can reorder the tasks in any project, context and day using our cool new reorder panel. We donít have drag-and-drop support in Cascades just yet but our team managed to find a way!

And here are a few screenshots of how Viira looks now:

GTD app for BlackBerry 10: Viira 5.1 Released-dashboard.jpgGTD app for BlackBerry 10: Viira 5.1 Released-day_view.jpgGTD app for BlackBerry 10: Viira 5.1 Released-project_view.jpgGTD app for BlackBerry 10: Viira 5.1 Released-day_view_reorder.jpgGTD app for BlackBerry 10: Viira 5.1 Released-contact_task.jpg
    sparkaction and madraving like this.
    08-04-13 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the app and your support for bb10!
    08-04-13 11:17 AM
    You are very welcome Matt! BB10 is a fantastic platform and we love being on it, I speak both as a user and a developer here.

Enjoy our app Viira and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for us!
    08-06-13 12:38 AM
    I've just taken the app for a quick ride and here are a few things I'd like to see:
    1. Import from Remember. I must not be the only one with over a hundred notes/tasks in Remember that I'd like to migrate to something better
    2. Let us choose the calendar a task is added to. I don't want personal tasks to end up on one of my work calendars
    3. Smarter reminders. If I set a date and a reminder for a task, it shows up in the day view for that date and if I missed it, that task is out of my list of things to do, unless I look for it
    4. Backup to generic backends with personal encryption. That means encrypting the data with our device password per example and storing it on IMAP, WebDAV, ActiveSync or anything else which lets you store enough data.
      • SD card backups are nice, but we have to manually encrypt the file and move it to the cloud.
      • Cloud sync is useful, but data is stored somewhere out of our control and is probably not encrypted so that it can be retrieved by the Outlook side. Correct me if I'm wrong.

5. At least one more hierarchy level in projects, although this may be against the GTD principle...
    6. Personalisable active frame option
    7. Better keyboard support. If I start typing on a search "page", it should populate the field. I shouldn't have to tap on it first
    8. Better app design. It's not that important, but it shows that this has been designed by engineers
    10-18-13 08:43 AM
    May delete my remember the milk android app!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:44 AM
    It's been a long while since this was posted in, but since it was started by the original dev I think this is the best spot...
    I've just started using Viira and I do like it a lot. I'm not sure on the 'official' GTD principles, but a few things I'd like to see changed/added:
    - ability to assign a color to projects or tasks for visual appeal and clarity but also because it can help create a more detailed prioritization scheme.
    - ability to set an estimated time needed to complete a task
    - a starters' guide or help section in the app for new users
    - I also agree with ofuturs request to do something about the app design (complete overhaul?) and activeframes and will add a request to bring us a dark theme

From what I've been able to tell so far this is an app that continues to be worked on so I look forward to future updates
    01-30-14 11:56 AM