Running 10.2.1.1925 on a Q10.

Used Snap to install GroupMe from the Google Play Store. When I opened it, I got an error message "Unfortunately, GroupMe has stopped."

Tried downloading GroupMe .BAR files from bb10bars.net and apps.goodereader.com.
    Used Chrome and the BB10/Playbook Manager to install the the .BAR files and that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?
    01-01-14 10:57 AM
    Hello and welcome to CB!
    Sometimes certain apps do not work. Have you checked the BB10 app thread? Maybe there is some info about this app there.
    01-01-14 11:23 AM
    The only one i've gotten to work was a super old version on the goodereader site.. for a short while they were planning a bb10 version but I guess decided not to. Maybe we need to try to convince them again!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 03:21 PM
    Running 10.2.1.1925 on a Q10.

Used Snap to install GroupMe from the Google Play Store. When I opened it, I got an error message "Unfortunately, GroupMe has stopped."

Any suggestions?
    Did you install the Google services and google play store app? Might fix the problem. I've just installed Groupme and it opens without any problem. I'm not a Groupme user and since they want my phone number which I don't want to give them I can't register a test account. But at least the app opens without any problem when the mentioned google apps are installed.

Posted via CB10
    MissEnigma01 likes this.
    01-01-14 11:03 PM
    Did you install the Google services and google play store app? Might fix the problem. I've just installed Groupme and it opens without any problem. I'm not a Groupme user and since they want my phone number which I don't want to give them I can't register a test account. But at least the app opens without any problem when the mentioned google apps are installed.

Posted via CB10
    couldn't install google play services, was getting a "unable to install this app" error. tried with just google play installed, still no go. once you login it'll error out giving the same message as OP.
    01-02-14 01:17 AM
    couldn't install google play services, was getting a "unable to install this app" error. tried with just google play installed, still no go. once you login it'll error out giving the same message as OP.
    Installed google play services from 1mobile app store without any problems. After that snap lets you update Google play services to the newest version.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 07:09 AM
    I've been using Groupme (direct download via SNAP) in the last several leaks on my Z10, including now 1925, and it works fine for me.....
    01-02-14 07:25 AM
    I've been using Groupme (direct download via SNAP) in the last several leaks on my Z10, including now 1925, and it works fine for me.....
    I actually gave up on trying to get it working on my Q10. But I did get it to work on my Z10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    It runs decent on there, but the only issue I have is that I don't get any notifications for the app when there's a new message.
    01-02-14 05:24 PM
    I'm having the same issue, has anyone gotten groupme to work right with the q10? It works fine with z10 and Z30
    xACiD and Furell like this.
    01-21-14 05:40 PM
    I'm having the same issue, has anyone gotten groupme to work right with the q10? It works fine with z10 and Z30
    I never got it to work on the Q10. Worked well with my Z10 and Z30.

From what I remember, whenever I opened the application on the Q10, GroupMe would just shut down. If I was able to get GroupMe working on the Q10, I would have considered keeping it.

As far as notifications for GroupMe on the Z10 and Z30, I just have to keep GroupMe open on Active Frames
    flyingsolid likes this.
    01-23-14 01:12 PM
    Don't understand at all why it doesn't work. It's not like they're aren't any qwerty android devices out there that the app would also have to compensate for... weird.
    01-29-14 02:45 AM
    Any hints on how I get past the Confirmation code screen? I can't get them to send a pin to my phone. Have Z10
    01-30-14 09:28 PM
    Any hints on how I get past the Confirmation code screen? I can't get them to send a pin to my phone. Have Z10
    https://groupme.com/pin-callback
    01-30-14 11:43 PM
    Don't understand at all why it doesn't work. It's not like they're aren't any qwerty android devices out there that the app would also have to compensate for... weird.
    Yea... this really sux! I never needed this app till now and now it won't run on my Q?!?! WHY????
    04-04-14 11:31 PM
    The only one i've gotten to work was a super old version on the goodereader site.. for a short while they were planning a bb10 version but I guess decided not to. Maybe we need to try to convince them again!

Posted via CB10
    I really need to find that super old apk that you said worked. I hope you had that working on a Q10, right? I looked on the goodereader site but only found 4.2.9 version. Please let me know exactly what version you had working. Thank you in advance!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 09:52 AM
    I really need to find that super old apk that you said worked. I hope you had that working on a Q10, right? I looked on the goodereader site but only found 4.2.9 version. Please let me know exactly what version you had working. Thank you in advance!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, please let us know what worked for you. I too would like to get this app working.
    05-06-14 10:29 AM
    +1. I haven't been able to find a working version either.
    05-06-14 11:37 AM
    the only version of groupme i had working was from the goodereader site which was 3.3.7.

i think this is it? please note i did not try it again but this is the version that used to work for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg6fvrceiiyd9x2/GroupMe.bar i dont use it anymore though, SMS works fine for me.
    05-06-14 01:05 PM
    anything for q10?
    05-08-14 09:15 PM
    the only version of groupme i had working was from the goodereader site which was 3.3.7.

i think this is it? please note i did not try it again but this is the version that used to work for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg6fvrceiiyd9x2/GroupMe.bar i dont use it anymore though, SMS works fine for me.
    Doesnt work
    05-08-14 09:15 PM
    FYI, for people who couldn't get it working on the Q10: I downloaded the most recent version of Groupme from snap and it's now working! I installed it after updating to the new OS released yesterday (10.2.1.2941). The app wasn't working for me on 1925.

Nice to see a software-based fix! Also, the only thing I'm not sure about are the notifications. I'm not sure if the app is pushing notifications or not. Hopefully someone else can determine that (I am unable to at the moment).
    05-28-14 06:49 PM
    FYI, for people who couldn't get it working on the Q10: I downloaded the most recent version of Groupme from snap and it's now working! I installed it after updating to the new OS released yesterday (10.2.1.2941). The app wasn't working for me on 1925.

Nice to see a software-based fix! Also, the only thing I'm not sure about are the notifications. I'm not sure if the app is pushing notifications or not. Hopefully someone else can determine that (I am unable to at the moment).
    If you're not receiving notifications, try enabling SMS Mode in the GroupMe settings. I've been doing that on my Z30 instead of keeping the app open as an Active Frame
    05-31-14 10:29 PM
    try this man, groupmen for bb10 client when it comes out that is

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...client-930968/

This is the tester group for it https://app.groupme.com/join_group/8293244/AXPUOi not sure if he is sending out beta versions yet
    06-01-14 10:31 AM
    After being on a call with Blackberry support for five hours we've figured out a workable solution for my device that should prove successful on any q10 device. For some reason the GroupMe application doesn't appear in the blackberry app world and downloading it via the site wasn't a option either. We attempted to use the Amazon Appstore to download it, it downloaded perfectly, however incurred the same issue.

The solution was this; downloading through an app called 1Mobile Market. Once you download that app, search for group me and you should be back in the loop. It worked for me!
    08-26-14 09:38 AM