I used to use HandyShopper on Palm. Then when I moved to BlackBerry 6/7, I found a little app called MyCart. It allowed me to import my lists into it.

Once I moved to BB10, I tried every shopping app there was and finally settled on Our Groceries. It was the only one that would allow me to import my 300 items into separate named shopping lists (on the website). Beyond that, it is great that it syncs to the cloud and every BB10 and Android device.

I do hate the ads, but the "pro unlocker" app won't work on BB10 and the developers refuse to support it any longer on BB10.
    06-02-15 01:36 PM
    Thanks again to folks for ongoing comments on this thread. As I mentioned before, the feedback around Our Groceries and the importance of cross platform and web sync to users has led me to shelve my grocery shopping app ideas at least for now. But I may well end up writing something for my own use just as a personal project - timeline unknown. As and when I have something that's suitable for beta testing I'll try to remember to drop a note back in this thread. And continued comments here on likes/dislikes, missing/desired/broken/well implemented features in existing or wished-for apps are certainly welcome.
    06-03-15 09:28 PM
    Maybe you could contact the developers of Our Groceries and see if you could develop a BB10 app for them for some compensation.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:38 PM
    Maybe you could contact the developers of Our Groceries and see if you could develop a BB10 app for them for some compensation.

Posted via CB10
    That would make my heart so happy. I'd pay $15 for that app.
    06-04-15 03:28 AM
    Another nod for Our Groceries. It's great for family shopping lists.

I am very much a "write it down and give me a list" type of shopper. I even organize the list in the order that I find it in the store. Pen and paper is my preference but my wife likes the cloud sync stuff; and you know how it goes, "if momma ain't happy..."

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    06-04-15 03:52 AM
    Was thinking on this some more...

Before Our Groceries, I would go with a paper list and my wife would send me a BBM with another item (oops I forgot!). Then I would mentally add it to my paper list, or write it in (if I remembered to bring a pencil/pen).

Some good features would be:

NFC sharing - so she could make her list all week, then send it to me before I go shopping.

BBM integration - something like an 'add to:List' (Open in) command. It would then find the saved item on the List and ask if it was a match, or ask to add as a new item.

Also, BBM integration - attach List db (readability to human not important, functional is very important) using Share command from within the app. Possibly db separated by store. I know we make a list for this store and that store, etc.

I would personally greatly prefer a native app over a port. I have and will again purchase from BBW. I can also understand 'shelving' the idea because of lack of support. I hope we see your app soon.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
    06-04-15 04:26 AM
31 12