Hello people. Many of you might not know what Grindr is but it's a chat service, a place to know gay, bi and curious guys highly popular among this community and I'm asking for help to make it available on BlackBerry 10. The app is currently available on legacy devices but hasn't made the jump just jet.

Their website runs a kind of poll where you vote for the platform where it should be available next, and BlackBerry 10 is listed! So, please, go vote. Doesn't matter if you're not Gay, Bi or Curious, you don't have to register to vote.

Here's the link! http://Grindr.me/PlatformRequest

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kemj; 04-20-13 at 08:39 AM. Reason: typo
    04-03-13 06:52 AM
    Voted for BlackBerry 10. Let's all chip in to show support for the platform.

Posted via CB10
    willhugforlove likes this.
    04-03-13 07:04 AM
    Done. But given they haven't optimized for the iPhone 5 still my faith in their dev team is less than minimal.
    04-03-13 07:10 AM
    Added - I'm not gay but I have gay friends who use this - and I know it'd be popular.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 07:57 AM
    Done!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:51 PM
    Done

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:13 PM
    I spoke to grindr like 2 months ago- they apparently had no plans of working on anythijng BlackBerry

Such bull#$%^
    04-15-13 10:19 PM
    Voted for grindr on Blackberry 10 as requested! BUT, at the same time we all know that the Grindr app was lame at best on OS7 and in my experience not much better on Android. The development team are uber slow to push out updates. Anyway, how about instead we support the developers who are delivering cross-platform solutions. Here's two alternatives that work well on Blackberry:

1. Gaydar - they just completely redeveloped their mobile site - it behaves exactly like an app. the big difference between it and Grindr is that it actually works, so for example when you send someone a message they actually get it! Plus it has some nice additional features for filtering. In the UK at least you'll see pretty much the same people logged on there as grindr. I tried it in New York last week and there were not so many people logged on so all I can suggest is that you guys start spreading the word that there's something better than grindr. I can't post links here so just google gaydar mobile - it works great on the Z10 browser, but also on the bold 9900 for sure (and probably most other legacy devices)
    GayRomeo - also have a touch optimised app-like mobile site. Not as nicely executed as the new Gaydar one, but it works on Z10 browser and legacy phones and it's popular in europe and beginning to take off in the UK so usually a lot of people logged on.

Cheers
    mattsfk likes this.
    05-19-13 08:58 AM
    Voted! And I emailed them earlier, this is what they said:

Taylor H (Grindr Support)
    Jul 17 15:14 (PDT)

Hey Dave-

Thanks for contacting Grindr support. Our app is currently available on most BlackBerry, Android, and Apple mobile devices, and we're working to make Grindr available to even more guys.

Send us your feedback and vote for BlackBerry 10 at Grindr.me/PlatformRequest.

Regards,
    Taylor
    anon(1464249) likes this.
    07-22-13 06:25 PM
    I submitted this too

They better be.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 06:35 PM
    Just did it for the gay gay gay community.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:26 PM