• App Name:
      GPSLogger II - The free AIO GPS solution

• Summary:
      The well known "BlackBerry Legacy OS" application GPSLogger II - BlackBerry Developer Challenge 2011 Second Runners-up (Most Addictive social app using the BBM™ Social Platform/Europe, Middle East and Africa) - have finally come to the Blackberry10 Platform

GPSLogger II is a pretty straightforward application that can record your GPS based location over the time. Initially developed for the BlackBerry platform (started 2009) the functionality have grown constantly over the time. Even this is the first release for Android you can expect an package that is suitable for all kind of activities, include outdoor navigation, geo-caching or an easy to use car finder.

Beside the actual position (in WGS84) the application will record the time, speed, heading/course, altitude, accuracy (of the signal), number of satellites and (if enabled) the raw NMEA-data.

GPSLogger comes with plenty of settings which should allow you to adjust the application to your personal likings, starting with the selection between imperial, metric or nautical units or different location formats [DD.MM'ss.ms", DD.MMMMM, UTM (+Zone), MGRS or raw mode]. The speed can be toggled between km/h or 'Minutes per KM' (of course also as mph and Minutes per Mile).

There are ten different views (up to three of them can be displayed simultaneously) Each view have a specific use case and allows you to adjust the display information to your personal needs. You simply can switch between the different views by swiping left or right.

- OpenMapData View
      Currently the following OpenMapData providers are supported: Google Maps|Satellite, Bing Maps|Satellite|Hybrid, MapQuest OSM, MapQuest Open Aerial, esri World Street Map, esri World Topographic Map, OpenCycleMap, Outdoor (by OCM) and Landscape (by OCM) - also you can specify a custom tile-server URL, so you could just add your preferred local map data provider (please check the corresponding tile server usage policy).

Please note, that GPSLogger will request the map data only once - so it can work completely OFFLINE once that map data has been stored on your device (an additional free DesktopTool is also available).

- Path View
      When you have no data connection (or have configured GPSLogger that no data should be transferred) the path view is a simply plot of your current logging path (or the navigation path - or the path data that you have loaded in the background)

- Direction View
      By default your logging starting point will be the initial direction record. The Direction view points you into the direction of this navigation location and display all kind of additional information like the estimated time of arrival (based on your current speed/average speed), the relative speed to the target location (very useful for sailing) and of course the course to the target location.

When you are using GPSLogger for outdoor navigation the direction record will change dynamically based on your travelling progress and your specified outdoor navigation settings.

- Speed View, Elevation View, Compass View
      Simple plot of your Speed/Elevation values over time and a Compass

- GPS CoreData View
      Displaying the location and the current speed and course in the largest possible font on your device

The remaining other 3 views Navigation Direction, Navigation GPS Core Data and the Navigation Speed can be very useful when you make use of the extended outdoor navigation functionality - actually I have implemented them for my personal usage when I am riding with the MTB. See GPSLogger II User Manual [Outdoor Navigation] [Best Practice: Planing your Trip] - Software for BlackBerry® Devices with OS 4.2.1 or higher for details.

Core Functions:
      ======================
      • GPSLogger
      • Speedometer
      • CarFinder / Bring me Home
      • Outdoor Navigation
      • GeoCaching and Waypoint Management
      • AutoEmergency Alert
      • Import and Export of KML or GPX
      • Easy to use Path-Sharing
      • Highly Customizable
      • 100% OFFLINE

• Price:
      free - an no in App advertisement

GPSLogger II for BlackBerry 10-getdynamicimage.do1.png GPSLogger II for BlackBerry 10-getdynamicimage.do5.jpg GPSLogger II for BlackBerry 10-getdynamicimage.do0.pngGPSLogger II for BlackBerry 10-getdynamicimage.do4.png GPSLogger II for BlackBerry 10-getdynamicimage.do3.png GPSLogger II for BlackBerry 10-getdynamicimage.do2.png

PS: Yes this is "just" an Android port - but that was the only way for me as long term Java Developer to port my GPSLogger II application that I have developed since 2009 dedicated to the BlackBerry platform over to the new os...
    Last edited by emacf1; 06-23-14 at 04:36 PM. Reason: added some additional info (concerning the GPSLogger II history with BlackBerry)
    FF22 likes this.
    06-23-14 02:23 PM
    I see it's an android ports. I personally won't use this, but want to thank you as a dev on porting the app into BBW
    However, I'm confused how a navigation/gps app won Most Addictive social app using the BBM™ Social Platform?
    OR how an android app won a BB dev award?
    06-23-14 03:16 PM
    It was the BBOS version.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:04 PM
    Today a mayor update of GPSLogger II for BB10 have become available in BlackBerry World
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/44790/
    FF22 and semime like this.
    01-21-16 01:39 AM
    Today a mayor update of GPSLogger II for BB10 have become available in BlackBerry World
    Thank you VERY MUCH for continuing to support our bb10 devices. I've used your app since the good ol' days prior to bb10 and now in the good ol' days of bb10.
    01-21-16 08:33 AM
    I too have enjoyed your apps over the years. LittleBrother, to this day, remains a top app favorite. I've also previously enjoyed the use of this very app. But here's the scenario:

The previous version of GPSLogger II had been installed, used and worked great on my device. It's not an app I use everyday so it's not one that makes it back to my phone following every wipe though; that is, until I find it necessary to reinstall and enjoy its use.

Now the problem... since the update, and since the app isn't currently installed, is there no way to get the previous version for those of us running 2876 through BBW? Yes, you have the warning not to update but unfortunately that's only applicable if the app is already installed. Is there an apk in archive that those of us on 10.3.2.2876 faced with the above scenario or who inadvertently updated could restore the previous version of this great app on our devices?

Thank you.
    03-05-16 10:06 PM
    I am very sorry - but this time RIM created really a big big mess... even if you try to sideload an APK it will not work...

here is what the crackberry forum have to say...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/

and this is what is the official RIM position

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    03-06-16 12:48 AM
    I am very sorry - but this time RIM created really a big big mess... even if you try to sideload an APK it will not work...

here is what the crackberry forum have to say...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/

and this is what is the official RIM position

Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2
    Thanks for the links. I've been following the first thread. My understanding is that the Runtime issue has been resolved with the fix though. That being the case what is preventing it now?
    03-06-16 08:53 AM
    Unless I'm unclear about what has happened, I think the new or fixed Runtime is now available from BBW. There were some initial problems downloading it but those were fixed this week.

If you've been unable to download the Android Runtime update, try now! | CrackBerry.com
    emacf1 likes this.
    03-06-16 08:54 AM
    GPSLoggerII (apk-app) is updated until today, i like to use it very often. After 4.1.2022 there are no problems at all on Passport with OS10. I downloaded it from :

https://apkpure.com/de/gpslogger-ii-...erry.gpslogger

Offline up-to-date- maps you can download from Openandromaps. The app needs some time to understand the multiple functions, an instruction manual comes with the app, and the developer helps until today.
    And off-line-maps of course.
    Last edited by Thomas Jo; 02-22-22 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Correction
    02-22-22 02:12 PM