Anybody else think that this app is a scam? I downloaded this thinking that this app has some driving directions function similar to the original Google Maps app, but to no avail. For $4.99 it should have more functions other than the useless "GPS" function it has right now (it will just tell you where you are currently). I emailed the developers asking for a refund but I haven't received any replies from them.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 05:46 PM
    Yes I have experienced the same thing. Now they have a upgrade that will not download.
    04-14-13 05:55 PM
    I deleted the app. I never experienced anything like this in iOS, why does BlackBerry approve such useless app and there's more like it in BlackBerry World.
    Regarding the GPS Maps for Google maps pro app, what function does it have that you think is useful for you?

Posted via CB10
    EvEr34 likes this.
    04-14-13 06:03 PM
    Funny thing about this app is, if you it a 1 star review they delete it. Just yesterday, it has around 10 one stars, now it's all gone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:22 AM
    Anybody else think that this app is a scam? I downloaded this thinking that this app has some driving directions function similar to the original Google Maps app, but to no avail. For $4.99 it should have more functions other than the useless "GPS" function it has right now (it will just tell you where you are currently). I emailed the developers asking for a refund but I haven't received any replies from them.
    Nowhere does the app description claim that this is a voice navigation app. It will give you listed directions from point to point. The app does what it claims to do. If you don't think that's worth the price, you shouldn't have bought it; it doesn't make it a "scam."

As for what functions it has...It displays Google Maps info, including search results, satellite view, bicycle and transit routes, traffic, and photos. It doesn't allow you to log in and see your starred places.

When people post bad reviews based on their failure to read and comprehend the app description, those reviews should be removed. They have no value.
    04-15-13 10:44 AM
    The Google Maps Android port seems to function fine; point- to- point navigation, standard Google Maps, POI's, satellite views, walking/ bike routes. etc.

And it's FREE.
    04-15-13 11:33 AM
    The Google Maps Android port seems to function fine; point- to- point navigation, standard Google Maps, POI's, satellite views, walking/ bike routes. etc.

And it's FREE.
    What Google Maps Android port? Are you talking about sideloading? If so, some of us have found that it doesn't function fine. It drops signal frequently, and needs to be exited and reloaded. It would be great if we had a fully reliable version of it for sideloading, but it seems we don't yet.
    04-15-13 12:34 PM
    Nowhere does the app description claim that this is a voice navigation app. It will give you listed directions from point to point. The app does what it claims to do. If you don't think that's worth the price, you shouldn't have bought it; it doesn't make it a "scam."

As for what functions it has...It displays Google Maps info, including search results, satellite view, bicycle and transit routes, traffic, and photos. It doesn't allow you to log in and see your starred places.

When people post bad reviews based on their failure to read and comprehend the app description, those reviews should be removed. They have no value.
    No where in my post I am asking for a voice navigation, the app does nothing. It only tells you your current location and that's it. For $4.99 it should at least give you directions on how to get from point A to B, do you follow? I'm not stupid, I can read well grandpa.
    Regarding the reviews, they shouldn't delete the one star reviews, so you expect them to just accept only the 4 or 5 star reviews? If that's the case, that's just plain stupid. Stop defending them, unless you're one of them. Maybe you've been stucked with BlackBerry for so long that you need to try apps from other platforms to experience what a $4.99 value can give you.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 05:49 PM
    from skylab mobilesystems? yeah, they're a waste of time...
    04-15-13 07:03 PM
    No where in my post I am asking for a voice navigation, the app does nothing. It only tells you your current location and that's it. For $4.99 it should at least give you directions on how to get from point A to B, do you follow? I'm not stupid, I can read well grandpa.
    Really, sonny?
    Did you write these words?

Anybody else think that this app is a scam? I downloaded this thinking that this app has some driving directions function similar to the original Google Maps app, but to no avail.
    Yes, I believe you did.

Do you know what a scam is? It would be an app that promises to do something it doesn't do. You expect driving directions. This app gives you driving directions. But you think it's a scam anyway, and "does nothing", even though it does what you say you want. You follow?

I have the app. It gives driving directions from current location or from point A to B.

Regarding the reviews, they shouldn't delete the one star reviews, so you expect them to just accept only the 4 or 5 star reviews? If that's the case, that's just plain stupid. Stop defending them, unless you're one of them. Maybe you've been stucked with BlackBerry for so long that you need to try apps from other platforms to experience what a $4.99 value can give you.
    I didn't say they should delete the one star reviews. They should delete the moronic reviews from people who don't understand what the app does or what it says it does. Those are no use to anybody. If, for example, someone were to give a one star review because the app doesn't give driving directions, that review should be removed. It's just wrong, and therefore no use to anyone.
    04-15-13 08:49 PM
    Really, sonny?
    Did you write these words?

Yes, I believe you did.

Do you know what a scam is? It would be an app that promises to do something it doesn't do. You expect driving directions. This app gives you driving directions. But you think it's a scam anyway, and "does nothing", even though it does what you say you want. You follow?

I have the app. It gives driving directions from current location or from point A to B.

I didn't say they should delete the one star reviews. They should delete the moronic reviews from people who don't understand what the app does or what it says it does. Those are no use to anybody. If, for example, someone were to give a one star review because the app doesn't give driving directions, that review should be removed. It's just wrong, and therefore no use to anyone.

I did say driving directions, no where I said VOICE navigation. DO YOU FOLLOW? Please don't put words into my mouth. A capability that at least gives a list of descriptions of where to drive from point A to B, that's what I'm asking for. I'm not asking for too much.

Interesting, how do you even use this app for driving directions? because you said it gives you driving directions from current location or from point A to B.

Regarding the "Moronic" reviews you're saying, did you even read the one star reviews yesterday? Users are having problems in upgrading, the app keeps on asking to upgrade but you can't upgrade. I downloaded the app again today, still having the same issue. Do you really have this app??? I guess not, because you don't know how this app sucks!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pels_17; 04-15-13 at 09:56 PM.
    04-15-13 09:30 PM
    I did say driving directions, no where I said VOICE navigation. DO YOU FOLLOW? Please don't put words into my mouth. A capability that at least gives a list of descriptions of where to drive from point A to B, that's what I'm asking for. I'm not asking for too much.
    I assumed you wanted something the app doesn't actually do, such as voice nav. But you were complaining about the absence of something it does do, and calling it a scam.

Interesting, how do you even use this app for driving directions? because you said it gives you driving directions from current location or from point A to B.
    Exactly. It does. It gives you a list of driving directions either from your current location or from some other location that you enter, to the destination you enter.

In short, it does what you say it should do.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:02 PM
    How does the app give you driving directions? There's no option in it. Do you really have this app? All it does is locate you and gives you the option to share your location. Where the heck is the driving directions capability you're saying?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pels_17; 04-15-13 at 11:09 PM.
    04-15-13 10:33 PM
    Yes probably is scam, like many other stuff in BlackBerry world. Nice cascades ui, but apps quality the worst I've ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-15-13 11:11 PM
    How does the app give you driving directions? There's no option in it. Do you really have this app? All it does is locate you and gives you the option to share your location. Where the heck is the driving directions capability you're saying?
    Search for a location. When you have it, click the icon that looks like a right turn symbol. It gives you the driving directions from your current location, or you can choose walking, bicycling, or public transportation. Or you can enter a different location as starting point, if you don't want to use your current location.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:16 AM
    Awful that you guys pay a pirate's ransom for these terrible apps in Blackberry World....I rely on my android for apps and playtime... Z10 is my work phone so the reliance on apps isn't a big thing
    04-16-13 05:17 AM
    We're probably talking about different apps. The $4.99 one from Skylab Mobilesystems doesn't claim to give driving directions, so it's certainly no scam that it doesn't do so. The $0.99 one from Mobaba Softech does claim to give driving directions, and it does. And there are three or four other apps called "GPS Maps for Google Maps" that have different capabilities. The intelligent thing would be to choose the one that claims to have the capabilities you want, rather than buy the one that doesn't claim to do what you want, and then call it a scam for not delivering. The Smashing Apps one has driving directions, street view, etc. for less than half the price of the Skylabs Mobilesystems app.
    04-16-13 07:43 AM
    We're probably talking about different apps. The $4.99 one from Skylab Mobilesystems doesn't claim to give driving directions, so it's certainly no scam that it doesn't do so. The $0.99 one from Mobaba Softech does claim to give driving directions, and it does. And there are three or four other apps called "GPS Maps for Google Maps" that have different capabilities. The intelligent thing would be to choose the one that claims to have the capabilities you want, rather than buy the one that doesn't claim to do what you want, and then call it a scam for not delivering. The Smashing Apps one has driving directions, street view, etc. for less than half the price of the Skylabs Mobilesystems app.
    You should've read the title first before claiming things like this app has a driving directions. The app that I've been talking about here is from the skylab, it has a PRO name in it and it costs $ 4.99. Seems like you need to change your reading eyeglasses now.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:03 AM
    You should've read the title first before claiming things like this app has a driving directions. The app that I've been talking about here is from the skylab, it has a PRO name in it and it costs $ 4.99. Seems like you need to change your reading eyeglasses now.
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I was wrong. The fact is, you didn't say which app you were talking about, ever in this thread, until now, so it's not the fault of my eyeglasses. Only stitch69 asked if the Skylab Mobilesystems app was the one in question. You didn't answer. My only mistake was in not knowing there were so many apps with the same name, or which one cost $4.99.

Getting back to the point, however, you still haven't shown that this app is a scam. It doesn't claim to do anything that it doesn't do. You've still made a false accusation against the app. If you wanted driving directions, you could have used your excellent eyesight to read the descriptions and choose one of the several that actually offer that, instead of choosing one that doesn't and then complaining about the "problem" with the app.

You should explain what this app claims to do that it doesn't do, or retract the false accusation that it's a scam.
    04-16-13 10:25 AM
    If you read the title, it's obviously mentioning the skylab's app, it has a PRO in it. To add, since the first post I've been telling that this is the $4.99 app, only the skylab's app has this price in BlackBerry World.
    The description of the app does say you can access Google Maps using this app and it has features to see a street level, satellite, and terrain maps. For an app that says it's a PRO and for $4.99 (it is the most expensive app with same title), you'd expect it should give you a premium feature.
    The problem in the BlackBerry World is that the most of the developers are lazy to put enough descriptions in the apps they're selling and if there's one they either give just a very short and vague description. Also, they delete the negative reviews, what's up with that? In Apple's app store, that thing doesn't happen and the descriptions of their app are clear and concised. We as users deserve the same experience in BlackBerry World.

Finally, I will not retract anything I said in my previous post. I still think that this app is a scam. Avoid it. Until now, it keeps on asking to update but when you hit update it doesn't install. Buy it so you'll know what I'm saying.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:46 AM
    If you read the title, it's obviously mentioning the skylab's app, it has a PRO in it. To add, since the first post I've been telling that this is the $4.99 app, only the skylab's app has this price in BlackBerry World.
    It's not the only one with PRO in the title, but it is the most expensive of the bunch.

The description of the app does say you can access Google Maps using this app and it has features to see a street level, satellite, and terrain maps. For an app that says it's a PRO and for $4.99 (it is the most expensive app with same title), you'd expect it should give you a premium feature.
    Your expectation doesn't make the app a scam. The mistake is yours, not theirs. Is the app overpriced compared to others with the same name in BB World, based on features offered? Yes, I think so. I have no plan to buy it, having looked at the competition.

The problem in the BlackBerry World is that the most of the developers are lazy to put enough descriptions in the apps they're selling and if there's one they either give just a very short and vague description.
    Yes, I agree that some of the descriptions are vague, but this one actually isn't. It tells you just what the app does, and it doesn't claim to do more.

Also, they delete the negative reviews, what's up with that? In Apple's app store, that thing doesn't happen and the descriptions of their app are clear and concised. We as users deserve the same experience in BlackBerry World.
    If you want to claim that BB World should be curated better, I agree. There's no good reason to have half a dozen apps called "GPS Maps for Google Maps", some "PRO" and some not. Apps that really are scams--those that claim to do things they don't do--should be taken out, if there are any like that. I don't have a problem with the removal of reviews that are flat-out inaccurate, but that would have to be moderated in some way. I have no idea how it works on BB World. I don't think app developers should have to endure reviews that misrepresent what the app does, but removals should be handled by request, so that someone from BlackBerry has to review and approve each request, to make sure that it's justified. If a reviewer states an opinion that an app isn't worth the asking price, that shouldn't be removed, even though the developer may not like it. But if a reviewer makes objectively false statements about the app, as some do, those should be removed.

I have the "GPS for Google Maps" app by Smashing Apps. Some reviewers gave it one star and said Street View was missing. It's not missing; it's there. Those reviews should be taken out; they don't do anything for anybody. Some reviewers put in requests to hook up; these should be taken out. But the removal should be done by a moderator, not by the developer.
    pels_17 likes this.
    04-16-13 11:20 AM
    This app plain sucks. It is not worth a dime. It only shows where you presently are and does not track you as the descriptions leads you to believe. Why would it show MPH if it cant track you and scroll the map? I wanted a google maps app like on my bold, and this one is not it.
    04-24-13 12:39 AM

And it's FREE.
    08-22-13 08:09 AM