So my Z10 out of nowhere shut down while traveling out west. After much haggling with telus I ended up with a Android pay as you go(awful phone) Apparently they won't warranty service your phone if your not going to be in the same place for 10 days. So now I'm back and on a temp blackberry trying to back up from my old bb but it want's me to plug in the previous device to make it happen. (I have backups on file). So I reach out to Blackberry help on twitter... Crickets
    I also got left out on 10 days of free apps I reach out... Crickets
    Anyone know where I can go to get some actual support?
    12-14-13 01:21 PM
    Hi! Unfortunately, a switch device mode requires the old phone to be plugged in. Have you tried restoring from backup and just searching for the bbb file on your computer?

Also, the 10 days of freebies are gone unfortunately. If you don't download in 24 hours, you cannot get them again. Sorry. That is how the freebie thing runs I guess.
    12-14-13 01:25 PM
    This sounds like a carrier issue

Fired from my Z10
    12-14-13 01:27 PM
    So my Z10 out of nowhere shut down while traveling out west. After much haggling with telus I ended up with a Android pay as you go(awful phone) Apparently they won't warranty service your phone if your not going to be in the same place for 10 days. So now I'm back and on a temp blackberry trying to back up from my old bb but it want's me to plug in the previous device to make it happen. (I have backups on file). So I reach out to Blackberry help on twitter... Crickets
    I also got left out on 10 days of free apps I reach out... Crickets
    Anyone know where I can go to get some actual support?
    sadly Blackberry has the worst customer support and that's why they are where they are now.
    Amazing phone but their customer support is awful and always has been.

All carriers are just as useless sadly especially rogers(i'm on rogers) when it comes to that situation.

I have no ideas for you sorry man

Look at Apple (i hate the company): they are where they are because of customer support. You go in an apple stores (half of the reps have no idea what they are talking about) but they are always willing to help you. They will even upgrade your phone for you with no questions asked. Their customer support is awesome, and that's why they are where they are now. Sadly Microsoft is slipping on customer service and Google tries but nothing is as good as Apple when it comes to customer service.
    Blackberry needs to learn from this!! John Chen has to make these "BIG" things happen...
    12-14-13 02:12 PM
    Hi! Unfortunately, a switch device mode requires the old phone to be plugged in. Have you tried restoring from backup and just searching for the bbb file on your computer?

Also, the 10 days of freebies are gone unfortunately. If you don't download in 24 hours, you cannot get them again. Sorry. That is how the freebie thing runs I guess.
    It won't allow me to search any backup not associated with the new device. Kind of defeats a big purpose for backing up.

I know the 10 days are gone, my issue is BlackBerry not responding to customer complaints. I paid for their hardware, it's under warranty and I'm not receiving a benefit given to blackberry owners due to their equipment being defective during the period they warranty it not to be defective.

What I am asking is if anyone knows a channel that you can actually register a complaint with the company
    12-14-13 07:21 PM
    It's a bit of a half and half. The issue is not being able to get warranty service from blackberry and BlackBerry not coming to the aide of it's end users.
    12-14-13 07:23 PM
    Would this post help?

http://m.crackberry.com/dear-berry-h...y-curve-my-z10

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 07:34 PM
    Unfortunately no, that's a legacy device to BB10. I need to restore from a BB10, also I'm on a Mac.
    Thanks though
    12-14-13 08:01 PM
    BlackBerry's warranty states that carriers are responsible for warranty repairs.

They could step up and help out, but that would be the exception rather than the rule.

I had to send a pb back for warranty repair and from sending to receiving a new unit was 48 hours or so. It was ridiculously fast. Their direct support was awesome.

My carrier repaired my Q10's keyboard and the service was great.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 08:07 PM