Hi,

I submitted yesterday for review my new app.
    It is called EasyGo, and it is a control+preview app for GoPro Hero.

So the app controls the camera (change mode, snap pics and record vids) and also gets a video+audio stream from it, allowing you to check the field of view of the camera.
    It is using Wifi, so obviously you need a GoPro with wifi, like the "Hero 3 Black Edition" for example.

It was developed using Cascades + some native API tricks.
    So expect a BB10 look and feel.
    More features are on the roadmap : more controls and also a remote file explorer as well.

App should be available when approved, I will post a new message then !

It will be a pay app to support the development effort that GoPro didn't make (yet?).
    So if you get a GoPro for christmas, check EasyGo in Appworld !

Check first screenshots :
    - Controls Tab:
    GoPro + BB10 : New app available soon !-img_00000412.png

- Preview Tab:
    GoPro + BB10 : New app available soon !-img_00000415.png

Disclaimer : I have no link with Woodman Labs and GoPro. They own all the IP, patents, and they design this GREAT little camera. I am an independent app developer !
    12-18-13 02:31 PM
    Amazing! I tried to side load the app and it was a no go. I was hoping something would come out just this morning and here we go! Now I don't have to carry around my ipod or the lcd accessory for my hero 3 black.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:36 PM
    Thanks sooooo much!!! This is unreal!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 06:24 PM
    Still don't see it!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 06:54 PM
    Yep, that's correct, it is still being reviewed by BlackBerry ... With the upcoming holidays I hope it won't be too long
    I will make a post into the App announcement section when available !
    12-20-13 02:16 PM
    Sounds good, was hoping it would be available for tomorrow, guess I have to hold on to this ipod a little longer

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 03:30 PM
    wow this sounds like an awesome app. I dont have a GoPro but for those who do, this sounds great
    12-20-13 04:16 PM
    Awesome! Now I can go borrow my cousins GoPro when necessary

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 04:25 PM
    Thanks dude! You ARE LEGIT!
    12-24-13 07:00 PM
    Can't wait!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 03:37 AM
    Hi C0rt0,

I'm considering buying a new GoPro today, contingent on knowing your app will soon be available since there's no indication we're going to get anything from them anytime soon, and their Android version doesn't seem to connect properly so far.

My question to you, before I order this thing.. if for any reason your app isn't approved in BlackBerry World, (BlackBerry decides is conflicts with gopro's TOS etc) will you allow us to paypal you the fee and send us the .bar?

Hopefully it's clears approval soon and it's never an issue, I'd just like to knows there's a backup plan before I buy a camera I can't use.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 08:27 AM
    Wow, I hope it's true. This is awesome news.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 09:12 AM
    Just unwrapped my hero 3 black.... looking for your app! It's not on BlackBerry World yet.
    12-25-13 01:00 PM
    Good luck with your app but already an enthusiastic audience seems ready for it.
    12-25-13 03:37 PM
    Hello guys and thanks a lot for your interest in this project.

I have several updates :
    - first some bad news : the 2nd release was denied. I am trying to understand why. So sorry, this approval process is taking forever now

then some better news :
    - I will publish all the source code on GitHub in the next days, under GPL, as I did for my first app (LightGuru, available on AppWorld, but also on GitHub at : https://github.com/gaeljaffrain/LightGuru). So everybody able to use the SDK will be able to compile and try.
    - finally, for personal reasons, it will be a free app (if I succeed to get the approval !!!). I spent approximatively 3 weeks full time working on this project. So 120 hours.

Thank you,
    Gael.
    spiculated likes this.
    12-29-13 04:39 PM
    Sorry to hear that BB denied its release. Were they good reasons? Copyright? Other?
    12-29-13 06:10 PM
    Wish they were not that strict -.-

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:51 AM
    In fact, it is a good thing to be strict.
    Usually "denied" just means "correction needed". It is not definitive.
    12-30-13 04:25 AM
    I suppose that really depends on why it was denied. You didn't really give us any details. Something to do with an objection from GoPro? Either way, if you want people to enjoy your app in the meantime you'll get a lot more interest posting the bar file here then you will posting source code on github IMO. Especially since it's going to be free anyway.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-30-13 09:30 AM
    Hello,

- As promised, the source code is on GitHub at : https://github.com/gaeljaffrain/EasyGo
    - BAR files are also available : signed and unsigned
    loyalIND, just_luc and jgrzadka like this.
    12-30-13 04:00 PM
    Your app is awesome. Thanks for the hard work.

Have you seen the Talk2watch app for the pebble and bb10? It would be great if we could use our pebble thru t2w to control easygo....
    12-30-13 04:50 PM
    Hi there,

I don't own a GoPro but if you want to make it compatible with Talk2Watch you can do so by defining an invocation interface (very simple - I can also send you some sample code if that is of interest for you)

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:17 PM
    Hi,

Thanks but I do not plan to continue the development as I do not have the time anymore.
    But source code is available and open source, so if anybody is motivated to make this integration, feel free to do it and release it as a new app !

The app is approved finally in app world. It is reaching the stores now. Not available in France yet, but I see some downloads already, so it should be available for download everywhere in the next few hours !

Still a paid app for now, as it was the plan when the app was submitted initially.
    But It will be free on January 13th at the latest, as promised, so you can wait 2 weeks, or buy now if you wish to support the efforts.

And free bar file is linked in this thread by the way if you like side loading.

Thank you !
    spiculated and FF22 like this.
    12-31-13 02:59 AM
    Sorry that your development experience with BB was not the best from the sounds of it. Good luck with your other endeavors.
    12-31-13 07:05 PM
    I just bought the app the other day and the app won't control the camera. It keeps saying it's not connected yet the preview works and in the settings, the WIFI is connected. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 04:44 AM
35 12