Hey folks,

some days ago I noticed that the built in Google search in Navfree won't work anymore. Whenever I use the search feature it tells me that an error occurred: Please try again.

Tested this on my Z10 and PP, but no luck for days now.

Do you have the same error? Or maybe know how to work this problem out?

[Just in case: I know alternative Apps or Smartphones would bring google search back. However I want to stick with my BB and Navfree.]
    10-22-18 04:37 PM
    Same here, not working last 30 days I think. I was kinda used for on navfree cause It was working decently.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 08:36 AM
    If I remember correctly, this happened before and worked again after a while. But I seriously don't know what's going on there. BeMaps Pro still works, so it seems like there has been no API changes on Google side. Or is BeMaps Pro a simple wrapper?
    10-23-18 09:47 AM
    Yep, I can confirm the same issue. Last time I used it without problems was about a month ago
    10-23-18 02:16 PM
    If I remember correctly, this happened before and worked again after a while. But I seriously don't know what's going on there. BeMaps Pro still works, so it seems like there has been no API changes on Google side. Or is BeMaps Pro a simple wrapper?
    Something like that might explain why. Google stopped allowing cross domain, and embedded views to use their services recently for security reasons.
    Your device: compass, camera, radios can get your latitutde and longitude and overhead satellite positions. Just paste it after the @
    Might be a web app that automates the 2-3 steps that takes.
    https://www.google.ca/maps/@

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 05:07 PM
    This is a shame, I moved NavFree off the homescreen for this reason. Fingers crossed it could spring back to life, but I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 06:27 AM
    Your device: compass, camera, radios can get your latitutde and longitude and overhead satellite positions. Just paste it after the @
    Might be a web app that automates the 2-3 steps that takes.
    https://www.google.ca/maps/@
    Positioning and navigations work fine, however I can't search / find places, when I use the google search option.

Do you know whether that's also part of the changed services due to "security reasons" or do you have any information on the whole think?
    10-24-18 11:37 AM
    Positioning and navigations work fine, however I can't search / find places, when I use the google search option.

Do you know whether that's also part of the changed services due to "security reasons" or do you have any information on the whole think?
    Im about 80% certain its the security. That doesnt mean the web wont work anymore though, for any of what this implies. A quick look through should lead to some recent updates on what its about.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...-origin_policy

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 12:53 PM