Did a search but didn't find any threads that seemed relevant. I updated to 10.3.1 and some BB10 Apps (the Droid converts) give me Google Play Services Errors.

Anyone else run into this?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:20 PM
    how did you update ? did you restore a backup ? also which apps
    03-26-15 07:23 PM
    Did the destructive update never restored anything. BBZ10. The Flipp App is the culprit that I recall maybe others too.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 07:32 PM
    just downloaded works fine on passport
    03-26-15 07:41 PM
    just downloaded works fine on passport
    I appreciate that but how does that information help me with my problem? :-) :-) :-)

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 10:58 AM
    According to Cobalt or Sally Mack, Google Play Services, Plus & Games cannot be patched anymore for BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 01:18 PM
    Most apps can be patched fine, but some that can't include :

Anything that requires g+ login
    Google play games (as it requires g+)
    YouTube
    Newest snapchat version

As for Flipp, I'm confident it can be patched without issue. Head on over the android apps forum and check out cobalt232's thread on how to patch android apps with Google play services dependency.
    04-02-15 05:35 PM
    Most apps can be patched fine, but some that can't include :

Anything that requires g+ login
    Google play games (as it requires g+)
    YouTube
    Newest snapchat version

As for Flipp, I'm confident it can be patched without issue. Head on over the android apps forum and check out cobalt232's thread on how to patch android apps with Google play services dependency.
    Did you read the initial post and headline? I am getting Google Play errors with BB10 Apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:33 PM
    I did, but didn't quite understand what you meant. I'm assuming you meant android apps obtained through BlackBerry World.

It's very possible to still get those errors with "bb10 apps" that are just android ports. I recall experiencing this with the android port of thescore found in bbw. I ended up uninstalling it, and the errors stopped for the most part. A few potential causes:

1. Devs of the app were lazy, and left the play services dependencies but just suppressed certain errors (or didn't even do that). They would assume that no bb10 app has play services installed so no other errors would come into play.

2. Since play services runs in the background, it could simply be that it's crashing totally independently of whichever android app you're in. You're just seeing it while you're in whichever app because that's the only time the runtime would be open and visible to the user.

3. A combination of 1 and 2. I think theScore did this to me, since that app likes to linger in the background of the runtime as well. So if that conflicts with patched play services, and both of those apps are doing something in the background, pretty much any android app will spit that error; even though the app in the foreground has nothing to do with it.

I'd try getting one of the apps that's exhibiting this error from the play store, patching it, then running it and seeing what happens. If the errors stop, it's probably #1. If they don't, it's likely #2. If it's #2, I'd uninstall and reinstall the patched play services, then seeing if it persists. If it's #3, you'd have to isolate each of the apps.

I still say the cleanest way with the patched play services installed is to get all your android apps from play store, and patch every app that has that dependency. The patcher will tell you if the dependency doesn't exist, and it won't perform any patching.
    04-02-15 10:19 PM