This is great news, will test and let you know.
    10-31-13 09:43 AM
    Album download ASAP please

Posted via CB10
    I will add that to the next update also, that will be easy and is starting to become one of the highest demands for features.
    10-31-13 02:53 PM
    Album download ASAP please

Posted via CB10
    Well while we were waiting for BB to approve the previous update, I got download album working. You will see it in the next update
    11-05-13 11:01 AM
    So, some geniuses on these forums have managed to get google play services working. So now this works
    Google Music App for BB10 coming soon!-jjhfcfz.png

That being said, it's still a port. Hux could your app access google play services login to exploit functionality for a native app, or does it have to use the web api?
    bspence87 likes this.
    11-09-13 06:51 PM
    So, some geniuses on these forums have managed to get google play services working. So now this works
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jjHfCFz.png 
Views:	1983 
Size:	675.9 KB 
ID:	218992

That being said, it's still a port. Hux could your app access google play services login to exploit functionality for a native app, or does it have to use the web api?
    I am currently using the Android app's API's. I have decompiled the app and gone through the code. All Access has stopped working for the current version and its boggled my mind for weeks because I am doing the same requests as the Android app but there was 1 difference, I fixed that and now pushed and update to BB World, the update will come around in the next 48 hrs I would assume depending on the approval process for BB.

Stinks that I now have to compete with the free Android version because it has ALL functionality while I am still working on adding to mine...
    01-28-14 12:21 PM
    I should also add, the new 10.2.1 is causing my app to do some strange things at times, I haven't even looked at testing this version because I wasn't expecting it to be released to everyone so quickly so if you come across some weirdnesses, I am working on it.
    01-28-14 12:23 PM
    Also, I think I will add, the quickest way to get in contact with me is via Twitter @mitchellrclay or my email [email protected] as I don't visit this forum as much as I keep track of my emails and tweets.

Thank you all for your support! Even with the official Google Music Android app being able to be sideloaded, your continued support for the native version is VERY much appreciated!
    01-28-14 12:31 PM
    I am currently using the Android app's API's. I have decompiled the app and gone through the code. All Access has stopped working for the current version and its boggled my mind for weeks because I am doing the same requests as the Android app but there was 1 difference, I fixed that and now pushed and update to BB World, the update will come around in the next 48 hrs I would assume depending on the approval process for BB.

Stinks that I now have to compete with the free Android version because it has ALL functionality while I am still working on adding to mine...
    I don't think you're really competing with the real version honestly, it's not super great to use. volume controls etc don't work over bluetooth with it, other weirdness. What changes should we expect to see in the updated version? Just increased functionality? or other things?
    01-28-14 12:33 PM
    I don't think you're really competing with the real version honestly, it's not super great to use. volume controls etc don't work over bluetooth with it, other weirdness. What changes should we expect to see in the updated version? Just increased functionality? or other things?
    This new version has no new functionality I have been spending a lot of time working through the Android code to figure out just how things work, for example, when I get playlist songs, they come with 4 different ID's and trying to figure out how the ID's relate to song ID's that are in the library and songs that aren't in the library has been a headache but I did get it figured out along with fixing the All Access stuff, so everything in this build is all just bug fix mainly.

The next thing I will focus on are some of the changes between 10.1 and 10.2 as my app seems to do some weird stuff on 10.2, it still works but sometimes there is a delay in pausing a song or other random stuff I have come across.

I'll have to check my list of requests, but other than bug fixes and performance enhancements I believe the next items I am working on are Modifying Playlists, you can remove songs, add songs, rename a playlist or add a new playlist. I have everything I need, its just a lot of logic to write when considering All Access (All Access has made this whole project VERY interesting to say the least because now you can listen to songs NOT in your library and they can be part of a playlist!). But All Access a side I want to make sure the next few updates include features that NON-All Access users can enjoy too which is why I think Modifying playlists is a good feature to focus on next.
    01-28-14 12:44 PM
    Oh man, BB10 10.2.1 brings SOOO many awesome things for developers to make their apps run so much smoother BUT that would mean I would need to drop support for 10.1, which from what I gather Verizon in the US and several major Canadian carriers are the only ones to release 10.2.1 so far. I will keep and eye on my downloads to see how many people are on 10.2 vs 10.1 because I can improve the performance SOO much with 10.2.1 its ridiculous! Until then I will add features and then when a majority of people are on 10.2 then I will add the performance enhancements.
    01-28-14 01:05 PM
    Oh man, BB10 10.2.1 brings SOOO many awesome things for developers to make their apps run so much smoother BUT that would mean I would need to drop support for 10.1, which from what I gather Verizon in the US and several major Canadian carriers are the only ones to release 10.2.1 so far. I will keep and eye on my downloads to see how many people are on 10.2 vs 10.1 because I can improve the performance SOO much with 10.2.1 its ridiculous! Until then I will add features and then when a majority of people are on 10.2 then I will add the performance enhancements.
    In the mean time, if you start a new branch off 10.2.1 and want testers
    01-28-14 08:25 PM
    I would drop 10.1 given the update today!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:33 PM
    TMobile US user here with a Z10. Tmobile released the 10.2 update this week.

Any progress updates on how the app is coming?

GoMusic does done funky things on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 10:59 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jjHfCFz.png 
Views:	1983 
Size:	675.9 KB 
ID:	218992

Animal Collective! Good choice!
    03-15-14 11:53 AM
    Definitely thinks it's time to drop 10.1 support and focus on making the app as good as it can be since even T-mobile users are on 10.2.1 now (whoever's left should follow suit very shortly). There may be some (limited) competition from a free apk, but you have a few things in your favour:

1. Your app is native. (this should be the end of it, but i'll go on)
    2. No need to patch and sideload an apk (most users don't know how to patch apks anyways)
    3. You're on these forums listening to feedback and providing updates. The CB community is pretty loyal to their devs who interact with them.
    03-16-14 12:29 AM
    Agree. I am one of those who has Google Music up and going, but I use Go Music over that every time.

Android apps just add a ton of crud to an experience which can be simple and enjoyable. Go Music is this for me.

It is kind of like gNewsReader over the Feedly Android app. Feedly works, but gNewsReader is faster and native

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:14 AM
    Downloaded this app the other day. Was happy to find a google music solution for BB10!

Everything seems to work pretty good for me, with the one exception of downloading music. When I download an album, it downloads it, but I loose all the proper id3 tag info except for the song name (where it mashes it all together). Anyone else have this problem, and is there any hopes of it being fixed?
    03-21-14 07:30 AM
    Downloaded this app the other day. Was happy to find a google music solution for BB10!

Everything seems to work pretty good for me, with the one exception of downloading music. When I download an album, it downloads it, but I loose all the proper id3 tag info except for the song name (where it mashes it all together). Anyone else have this problem, and is there any hopes of it being fixed?
    When you download a song, I am saving the streaming version of the song to your phone. Google puts a limit on full downloads (with ID3 tags) to two, ever so to avoid taking away from that limit I save the streaming version which has the ID3 tags removed to make the music file size smaller and easier to stream.
    04-17-14 08:56 AM
    *** Development Update ***

Just wanted to keep everyone informed that I am still working on updates for the app, the next ones being everything surrounding adding songs to your library (All Access) and editing playlists. I am having to take a break from development as I have been contracted to spend my free time working on another project.

Just wanted to let the community know, I still haven't given up on the project and updates are coming!
    04-17-14 09:23 AM
    Thanks man

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 09:43 AM
    I bought this app but it will not let me logon with any of my Gmail accounts.

I live in Canada and now Google Play Music is apparently supported.

Any ideas what I can do to make this work?

Thanks
    05-06-14 11:48 PM
    I bought this app but it will not let me logon with any of my Gmail accounts.

I live in Canada and now Google Play Music is apparently supported.

Any ideas what I can do to make this work?

Thanks
    Have you actually set up your Google Play Music account from your computer yet? You need to have the Play Music service activated before you use the app.

Go to https://play.google.com/music/ to get started, start your trial, then try and sign in.
    05-06-14 11:54 PM
    Yeah I have done that

Sorry should have specified that

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:26 AM
    Huxu7, it seems like this app has disappeared from Blackberry AppWorld. Do you plan on bringing it back?
    08-21-15 10:10 AM
424 ... 151617