Ok I've just downloaded the new update and there are more bugs man, probably more than before.

I'm going to list them here so hopefully they could be taken care of once and for all:

- All Access bug still exists for some songs. I'd say about half of my library is giving me these errors and I've tried all of your suggestions like login and out and also reinstall the app etc. It's extremely frustrating because if I have my library on shuffle, as soon as it reaches a song it believes to be all access I cannot skip past it and i have to exit/restart

- thumbs up causes immediate crash. If I try to give a song a thumbs up the application crashes.

- forwarding to the next song will cause a crash. If I'm in shuffle mode and hit the next song button the app will ALWAYS crash the only thing I'm not certain of is when, it could be after 2 songs or maybe after 7 or 10 etc, you get the picture.

- very often songs don't start at all. If I select a song either by clicking on it or pressing the next button in shuffle mode all I get is a spinning circle and the song never loads

- library entries are randomly listed. If I search for say the album 'I'm alive' by Jackson browne, I'm shown that it exists, however if I click on it to go into it the album no songs are listed at all. However, if I individually search for the songs from this album they do exist in the library. Seems there is a problem with the library database or indexing which no amount of library refresh will fix.

- album art doesn't show up in the volume control widget

There are more bugs and I'll list them here as I come across them. But the app is buggy no doubt. I'm sure miss what's her face will chime in with " I've got an 200gb library and all is fine!" post, but let's be frank - all is not fine.

If you can point me to a screen cast app I can make a video of all these bugs which exist and ruin the app. Are you able to fix them? All these things amount to basic functionality.

Cheers
    08-26-13 04:36 AM
    Just got the update today in the UK - I'm afraid it doesn't work. I'm still trying to play my own uploaded music and getting the error that it is an all access feature - it's not, playing your own music is a standard feature - unless you have any other suggestions (I'm in UK) can you look at this again possibly please as this makes the app unusable? Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 05:07 AM
    Ok I've just downloaded the new update and there are more bugs man, probably more than before.

I'm going to list them here so hopefully they could be taken care of once and for all:

- All Access bug still exists for some songs. I'd say about half of my library is giving me these errors and I've tried all of your suggestions like login and out and also reinstall the app etc. It's extremely frustrating because if I have my library on shuffle, as soon as it reaches a song it believes to be all access I cannot skip past it and i have to exit/restart

- thumbs up causes immediate crash. If I try to give a song a thumbs up the application crashes.

- forwarding to the next song will cause a crash. If I'm in shuffle mode and hit the next song button the app will ALWAYS crash the only thing I'm not certain of is when, it could be after 2 songs or maybe after 7 or 10 etc, you get the picture.

- very often songs don't start at all. If I select a song either by clicking on it or pressing the next button in shuffle mode all I get is a spinning circle and the song never loads

- library entries are randomly listed. If I search for say the album 'I'm alive' by Jackson browne, I'm shown that it exists, however if I click on it to go into it the album no songs are listed at all. However, if I individually search for the songs from this album they do exist in the library. Seems there is a problem with the library database or indexing which no amount of library refresh will fix.

- album art doesn't show up in the volume control widget

There are more bugs and I'll list them here as I come across them. But the app is buggy no doubt. I'm sure miss what's her face will chime in with " I've got an 200gb library and all is fine!" post, but let's be frank - all is not fine.

If you can point me to a screen cast app I can make a video of all these bugs which exist and ruin the app. Are you able to fix them? All these things amount to basic functionality.

Cheers
    I am seeing those bugs as well. I have just released a new fix that will probably have another 24 hr turnaround time and in that fix will resolve the crashing issue, for some reason the new feature where when you unplug your headphones the music stops playing caused ALL kinds of unreleated crashes, so I have removed it for now.

I'm sorry about the base functionality becoming so broken, there are just a HUGE amount of changes between the Android version of Google Music and the web version that its something that I just have to push through and try to bring to some sense in the app. Ultimately after this next update it might be best to uninstall and reinstall the app to make sure that the local database is fresh (logging out of the app deletes the DB as well), because each song has an ID and depending on the type of ID it has depends on how I should request it from Google, and how to make the request based on the ID has really just been a trial and error type of deal. I know that there are several different types of songs and I feel like I have narrowed them down but every so often I am running across these unique ones that require special parameters.

I completely understand how frustrating this can be, it frustrates just as much because I started making this app because I wanted it, not because I wanted to make an app to make money, I wanted a Google Music app for the Z10 I planned on buying, so when my app is not working correctly it frustrates me and I will always fix EVERY bug that ever exists in the app and as quickly as I can.
    offyoutoddle and Alex_Hong like this.
    08-26-13 02:39 PM
    speaking for myself, your efforts are appreciated, and I look forward to the end result. Thank you for looking at it, and I patiently wait whatever you can do.
    HuXu7 likes this.
    08-26-13 05:00 PM
    Hi,

today's update 1.5.0.70 has fixed this - I had to delete the app, reinstall and sign in anew, but this once done, the problem tracks I had previously tested were fine - admittedly I haven't tested all 7000 but this is very encouraging. I thought you could do with the positive feedback, and a big thank you for your tireless efforts to get it working - you might like to know your app is my music player of choice on the Q10 - thank you !
    Alex_Hong and HuXu7 like this.
    08-27-13 12:02 PM
    ***** UPDATE *****

I have just released another update to fix crashing on download and crashing when thumbs up and thumbs down. It was very hard to find.

The update will probably go out in the next 12 hrs or so like the previous ones (props to BlackBerry on that turnaround time). There are still reports of some radio stations not working at all which I am still looking into, but as far as restoring the functionality to just playing your library, it will be back in this next update.

There are going to be lots of updates to fix other various things and add a few more functionality over the next few days and weeks. Many of you have submitted lots of good features that I need to get started on.

Thank you all for the feedback and reports of bugs! It has been very helpful in finding bugs and squashing them!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:59 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, or if this is the right place to ask, or if it is even possible, but is there any chance that you can add the capability to create and edit playlists within the app?
    Thanks again for the great app
    Mike

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 03:33 PM
    I Hope "download album" is on trace for future relases

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 04:07 PM
    Hi,

I have an issues when i try to download one playlist... After 18 songs the download stops.

Thx for your support
    08-28-13 04:17 AM
    i have managed to narrow down where my all access errors come from. they happen when i try to play a song i bought from the google play store. i hope that helps you fix this bug.

cheers
    08-28-13 02:18 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, or if this is the right place to ask, or if it is even possible, but is there any chance that you can add the capability to create and edit playlists within the app?
    Thanks again for the great app
    Mike

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that functionality is definitely coming!
    08-28-13 04:05 PM
    I Hope "download album" is on trace for future relases

Posted via CB10
    That is definitely on my list to add
    08-28-13 04:05 PM
    i have managed to narrow down where my all access errors come from. they happen when i try to play a song i bought from the google play store. i hope that helps you fix this bug.

cheers
    Ahh yes, I think that those songs might have a different ID than all access or uploaded ones.
    08-28-13 04:07 PM
    I wanted this so bad. Downloaded your app but apparently "Google Music isn't available in my region".

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 01:18 AM
    Amazing man, i was actually waiting for something like this.
    HuXu7 likes this.
    08-30-13 07:01 AM
    Is this app still being worked on or EOL?
    10-07-13 03:12 PM
    Looks like this app might be dead.
    10-26-13 03:59 AM
    Shame he couldnt iron out the bugs and half my library won't play because apparently it's all access even though it's not the case.

With 10.2 have any of you managed to get get the official app side loaded
    10-26-13 04:01 AM
    No, as the official app relies on Google services authentication. It will never work side loaded.

Not an issue for me, as Go Music still runs buttery smooth for me.
    10-26-13 05:48 AM
    Yeah the app has basically stopped working for me, I though dev said he was doing a rewrite, oh well.
    10-27-13 01:42 PM
    Yeah this and Skooday look as if development stopping. ****ty times. I guess this is what happens when you have independent one man development apps.

Not good news for BlackBerry future
    10-27-13 02:24 PM
    I emailed huxu7 a few weeks ago and he said he was still working on the app...

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:18 PM
    I emailed huxu7 a few weeks ago and he said he was still working on the app...

Posted via CB10
    Well that's good news, maybe he'll update us soon.
    10-27-13 08:59 PM
    Is this app still being worked on or EOL?
    EOL? NOPE! Not even!

Sorry I haven't been back in a while, the past 2 months at my full time job have been CRAZY busy. All leading up to last Friday as a deadline to get a project done. Well we got it done, so NOW I have been able to spend more time fixing and improving this app and I should beable to through the holidays to bring you better and better functionality.

So with that being said, I have pushed a new update today with the following:

Fixed:
    Local songs not playing that have ? character in the title/artist/album
    Many song issues not playing
    Thumbs up songs (not in library or playlist) not showing up
    Improvements:
    Refresh Library will load the entire library once, then after that Refresh Library will only get the most recently added songs instead of the entire library again (automatically )

NOTE*** IF after this update your library disappears, just hit the Refresh Library button or open the Radio tab (even if you don't have All Access) it will prompt you to enter your login again.

During the last two months Google has changed its API to a new version, this update uses that new version. I have actually spent the free time I had to study Google's code to REALLY get a grasp of how to request a song from their servers and I believe I have it all figured out. These issues should be resolved with the Up-To-Date feature where it always keeps the library current which is HUGE especially for those of you who have large libraries, when you added one song you had to re-download the entire library which can be VERY annoying.

I wanted to bring more to this update but I think its been way too long to delay anymore. But the next update I am planning on adding playlist editing as well as adding Radio songs to your library/playlist. Which is the foundation for All Access Search! The one feature I know many All Access users have been begging for, will finally come to fruition!

I will continue to update this thread as I can, but I will guarantee that I will keep updating/improving this app for as long as there is a demand to.
    cookie20 likes this.
    10-31-13 09:08 AM
    Album download ASAP please

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:34 AM
424 ... 14151617