Ok, a few of you have been asking about a BBM channel and I have made one! So here is the PIN: C00115633

Posted via CB10 Z10
    07-13-13 05:44 PM
    As soon as there's a way for mac users to get that bbm chanell I'm in

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-15-13 12:08 AM
    Dear bro,
    could it support flac or ape. ? thanks for your app.
    07-15-13 01:39 AM
    As soon as there's a way for mac users to get that bbm chanell I'm in

I'm a Mac user and I have bbm channels, just side loaded bbm
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    07-15-13 04:24 AM
    What?? Lol

07-15-13 01:45 PM
    How did you do that? I know how to sideload however where would I find the .bar the one on the development site is for pc download
    I'm a Mac user and I have bbm channels, just side loaded bbm
    07-15-13 08:23 PM
    New version seems to sort a lot of problems out that i was having, nice job dev
    HuXu7 likes this.
    07-16-13 03:14 AM
    Agreed. Been trying to crash it for an hour, it's pretty solid. Nice work.
    HuXu7 likes this.
    07-16-13 03:30 AM
    Ok now that we seem to have the All Access bugs out of the way I have resumed work on the Radio stations and All Access search functionality. I have tried to be consistent with bringing everyone updates frequently and packed with features, improvements and bug fixes but adding the radio and all access search functionality has so far proved its self far more difficult so it will be several weeks before you see another update unless there is a major bug discovered in which I would need to try and quickly fix and release.

** Technical details as to why its difficult ** (for those interested)
    As many of you know, or may not know, Google Music does not have a public API, which means everything my app does with Google Music I had to figure out on my own by basically hacking the web site version of Google Music and figuring out how it works so I can duplicate that functionality in my app. Well figuring out what the web site is doing to get radio stations has left me confused with no direction. So I am now going to abandon reverse engineering the web site and switch over to reverse engineering the Android version of Google Music. This is technically more complex than reverse engineering the website. I have ripped most of the APK apart and found the key items to get the radio portion to work, its just plugging in what I think will work, testing it and go from there.

I have been following a guy on Github who has a Python based Google Music API and trying to convert it over to C++/Qt and he has only gotten as far as fetching the radio stations, but not getting the list of songs for a radio station, which is where I am currently trying to figure out completely on my own.

Just thought I would put some technical insight on here as to what I am going through to get this app up and running, I think developer transparency is important to users.
    lwaysluking, DerKane and Alex_Hong like this.
    07-16-13 04:30 PM
    Thanks for that detailed explanation, it is appreciated.
    07-16-13 08:22 PM
    Ok now that we seem to have the All Access bugs out of the way I have resumed work on the Radio stations and All Access search functionality. I have tried to be consistent with bringing everyone updates frequently and packed with features, improvements and bug fixes but adding the radio and all access search functionality has so far proved its self far more difficult so it will be several weeks before you see another update unless there is a major bug discovered in which I would need to try and quickly fix and release.

** Technical details as to why its difficult ** (for those interested)
    As many of you know, or may not know, Google Music does not have a public API, which means everything my app does with Google Music I had to figure out on my own by basically hacking the web site version of Google Music and figuring out how it works so I can duplicate that functionality in my app. Well figuring out what the web site is doing to get radio stations has left me confused with no direction. So I am now going to abandon reverse engineering the web site and switch over to reverse engineering the Android version of Google Music. This is technically more complex than reverse engineering the website. I have ripped most of the APK apart and found the key items to get the radio portion to work, its just plugging in what I think will work, testing it and go from there.

I have been following a guy on Github who has a Python based Google Music API and trying to convert it over to C++/Qt and he has only gotten as far as fetching the radio stations, but not getting the list of songs for a radio station, which is where I am currently trying to figure out completely on my own.

Just thought I would put some technical insight on here as to what I am going through to get this app up and running, I think developer transparency is important to users.
    That sure sound complicated, thank you for your hard work.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 07:45 AM
    Well I have got step one complete, I can now take a saved radio station, request for 5 songs in that radio station and play them. Now I just have to make it work where as you get to the end of those 5 songs it will grab some more so then it's continual playback. Also need to add the options to create a radio station based on a song and add a song to your library and saving offline functionality for radio songs . So it will still be some time before it's ready but this is the foundation!

Posted via CB10
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    07-24-13 12:37 AM
    All Access is now available in the UK and I'm so happy that your app let's me play the music I add

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 05:18 PM
    Any chance to download full albums instead of one song per one song?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 07:35 AM
    I bought this app after seeing it on I believe cb however i wanted to see i read a few posts and there is mention to all access. Does this mean I can continue my subscription with google and all music I choose will go to the Go music app?
    08-18-13 09:29 PM
    I bought this app after seeing it on I believe cb however i wanted to see i read a few posts and there is mention to all access. Does this mean I can continue my subscription with google and all music I choose will go to the Go music app?
    Yes it will! All Access radio is coming very soon and All Access searching to follow o after that!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:39 PM
    ***** UPDATE *****

Features and testing have been completed, and I have submitted the build to BlackBerry here is the changelog:

All Access Radio feeds!
    *DISCLAIMER*
    This version asks for Device Information permissions, this is necessary to register your BB10 device with Google Music.
    Your BB10 device will show up as "Android Device" on your account

Improved song list UI
    Minor tweaks to Now Playing screen
    Faster song downloads
    Bugs and performance enhancements all over

As the disclaimer states this version will ask for the Device information. Whats funny about it is that it will get added to your account the first song you start streaming. If you Deauthorize the device, it does absolutely NOTHING! The very next song you try to stream it reauthorizes the device. Not sure why Google has this feature doing nothing but maybe in the future it will throw error messages. I haven't figured out if there is any way that we can change the name to something other than Android Device, because the name I give it is BB10 Z10 or Q10 so, not sure where it wants the device name to be.

Anyways, here are some screenshots of what is coming:

Google Music App for BB10 coming soon!-3.pngGoogle Music App for BB10 coming soon!-5.png

Also the Now Playing screen looks better on the Q10.

Now that I have a handle on the Android version of Google Music, I will be optimizing this app to use the same API's so that this app will gain substantial stability and functionality!

All Access search is RIGHT around the corner! Thank you all for the support!

I would like to note that I REALLY enjoy making this app and its a lot of fun to make and I will continue to improve on it no matter what, but if any of you would like to show your support financially please consider downloading my paid flashlight app, free flashlight app with ads or if you would like to tip me with Bitcoin the address is 18TUHpnx5GKhR3Jss4UyHQ3Su2WjZoDSgz and if you would like to donate via PayPal then you can send me a PM and I'll send you the details on that.

I will always keep the app at $0.99 as I believe that is a reasonable price for the number of downloads I get every month, but many of you have indicated that its way underpriced, so the above options are for those who believe I deserve more.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    08-22-13 12:10 PM
    ok the app does not work anymore.

it was already buggy and now the ability to even stream my own tracks has been taken away as apparently it's an 'all access' feature.
    Last edited by whofrank; 08-23-13 at 10:39 AM.
    08-23-13 08:01 AM
    don't mean to sound bitter sorry if I came across that way.
    08-23-13 08:03 AM
    ok the app is officially ruined.

it was already buggy everywhere, for example constant crashes inconsistent search engine, constant skipping of tracks and more crashing etc.

now the developer has a managed to take away the ability to even stream my own tracks as apparently it's an 'all access' feature.

I'm not sure if this is a fault of the developer or a change with Google. Either way I give up with this app.

Wouldn't recommend the purchase as bugs don't seem to be fixable. So not worth the money.

Cheers
    I'm sorry that you have had so many issues! Have you tried logging out and logging back in? This most recent update changed ALOT about how it works and how it communicates with Google's servers and authenticates your account, it may be best to log out and log back in and see if it causes you any more issues. Let me know! I want to make sure everyone has a good experience with this app!
    08-23-13 08:28 AM
    Update works fine for me. Streams my 150gb library fine. Would recommend this $0.99 app
    HuXu7 likes this.
    08-23-13 08:52 AM
    Ok I edited my post up there as I was a bit frustrated.

I stand by what I said about the app bugs though.

I have tried to login and back out bit keep receiving this message:

Google Music App for BB10 coming soon!-img_00000585.png

Therefore the app does not work for me anymore. I don't know if it helps to know I'm in the UK.

I hope you can fix this and timely.

One feedback I have is I like the size of the text on the new song list.

I think you should mirror that size on the artist list and album list too. As they still look too small and not in keeping with BlackBerry 10 standard.

Cheers
    08-23-13 10:42 AM
    Ok I edited my post up there as I was a bit frustrated.

I stand by what I said about the app bugs though.

I have tried to login and back out bit keep receiving this message:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000585.png 
Views:	996 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	195150

Therefore the app does not work for me anymore. I don't know if it helps to know I'm in the UK.

I hope you can fix this and timely.

One feedback I have is I like the size of the text on the new song list.

I think you should mirror that size on the artist list and album list too. As they still look too small and not in keeping with BlackBerry 10 standard.

Cheers
    I believe I have found the issue. A little light on the issue revealed to me that depending on the type of song it is it has a different ID that I need to use when requesting the song (there are about 3 different ID's that Google sends me so figuring out the right one to send Google has been tricky)

I am currently testing the fix and should release a new update today which will come with a few extra fixes as well that I have found. But after I release the fix to BB it may not get to everyone until Monday. Hopefully they can publish it sooner.

EDIT: I can't believe I missed fixing the Artist and Album text, that will also be in this next update.
    08-23-13 11:08 AM
    ****** FIXES UPDATE *******

There have been several issues identified with the most recent release. I have identified the issues and resolved them but this will require that those of you who are trying to play songs that you have uploaded, you will need to log out and log back in to the app, then close and open the app and everything will go back to normal. Those of you who didn't refresh your library with the new update should have no problems, so avoid refreshing it.

The new update comes with:

Fixes for playing songs that are not All Access
    When removing your headphones the song will pause (this should have been in a past release but hasn't worked until now)
    Fixes for skipping songs

The last part is the best fix for me at least, because random songs would make this random skipping type noise at the end and it was because of how I implemented the seek feature. I have revamped the seek feature and it works a thousand times better!

Hopefully BB will push the update through quickly! The update version is 1.5.0.5560.
    Last edited by HuXu7; 08-23-13 at 11:59 AM.
    08-23-13 11:35 AM
    ****** FIXES UPDATE *******

There have been several issues identified with the most recent release. I have identified the issues and resolved them but this will require that those of you who are trying to play songs that you have uploaded, you will need to log out and log back in to the app, then close and open the app and everything will go back to normal. Those of you who didn't refresh your library with the new update should have no problems, so avoid refreshing it.

The new update comes with:

Fixes for playing songs that are not All Access
    When removing your headphones the song will pause (this should have been in a past release but hasn't worked until now)
    Fixes for skipping songs

The last part is the best fix for me at least, because random songs would make this random skipping type noise at the end and it was because of how I implemented the seek feature. I have revamped the seek feature and it works a thousand times better!

Hopefully BB will push the update through quickly! The update version is 1.5.0.5560.
    hi, the version in the uk app store is currently 1.5.0.40 , released 23 Aug - is this what everyone else in the UK is seeing? I ask because my q10 won't even pick up the latest firmware version! If this is everyone else's experience, any ideas how long it will take to come to the UK app store?

thanks
    08-25-13 05:51 AM
424 ... 1314151617