It looks great! But Google Music is not available in my country. So sad

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 11:30 AM
    Sorry, I edited my comment...please add support for other languages as well, it would be very very helpful!

Oh, and I'm a huge Lights fan, so I love the screenshot in your first post You've done a fantastic job. With a few improvements, this will be one of the best apps in BB World! Thank you!
    Thank you! I hope to make it one of the best! I have tons of improvements planned and with the help/suggestions from the community I will be making it even better!

Oh and what languages were you looking to have support for?
    04-09-13 11:31 AM
    One more suggestion (and I'm not entirely sure how possible this is, given the APIs from Google), would it be possible to start playing the song before buffering is 100% complete? On Android, the song starts to play just after a few seconds are downloaded, and it continues playing while downloading the rest of the song.

I'm having the crashing issue as well, but I understand you're working on that, but I'm also having an issue where my songs won't play :S They finish buffering, but nothing happens. Clicking play button does nothing.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the update, and I must thank you again for taking the time to make this app!
    04-09-13 11:32 AM
    Oh and what languages were you looking to have support for?
    Korean is the most important for me, but Japanese, and maybe also Arabic would be great!
    04-09-13 11:33 AM
    This app looks beautiful! Can't wait

Posted via CB10
    HuXu7 likes this.
    04-09-13 11:35 AM
    One more suggestion (and I'm not entirely sure how possible this is, given the APIs from Google), would it be possible to start playing the song before buffering is 100% complete? On Android, the song starts to play just after a few seconds are downloaded, and it continues playing while downloading the rest of the song.
    Yes this ability is possible, just a little more difficult to implement, but its definitely a feature I will add in the future!

I'm having the crashing issue as well, but I understand you're working on that, but I'm also having an issue where my songs won't play :S They finish buffering, but nothing happens. Clicking play button does nothing.
    That is a strange one, I haven't come across that. The only thing I could guess is that the music file is for some reason unreadable. Once I release the fix for the crash issue, see if this is still a problem and I can dig deeper to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the update, and I must thank you again for taking the time to make this app!
    Your welcome!
    04-09-13 11:47 AM
    Just bought it, working great so far
    +1 for the foreign characters support please, my Sigur Red albums/songs are a bit unorganized now ^^'

Post depuis mon Z10 ;D
    04-09-13 12:23 PM
    Bought this app to support the developer. I don't have Google music in my country, but I feel that for such a beautiful app one need to support the people who development it.

Posted via CB10
    HuXu7, dietertong, R Field and 2 others like this.
    04-09-13 12:35 PM
    Bought this app to support the developer. I don't have Google music in my country, but I feel that for such a beautiful app one need to support the people who development it.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much!
    04-09-13 12:43 PM
    Anyone know if Google Music is avail in Canada? Would love to use this app and service. Can't believe I've never heard of this before.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    04-09-13 12:47 PM
    have a library of 11,400 songs on google music, it took quite a long time to build the library. it finished, now it crashes every time i press play. so right now it doesn't work at all for me. hope to see an update soon. would be nice to have albums listed when you press an artist, and a quick alphabet bar on the right for all views, like we have for contacts. is that API standardized?
    04-09-13 12:52 PM
    Just bought it, working great so far
    +1 for the foreign characters support please, my Sigur Red albums/songs are a bit unorganized now ^^'

Post depuis mon Z10 ;D
    I am happy to report that while I am still in the process of fixing the crash issue, the app now has support for foreign characters and will be part of the update that fixes the crashing!
    04-09-13 12:55 PM
    have a library of 11,400 songs on google music, it took quite a long time to build the library. it finished, now it crashes every time i press play. so right now it doesn't work at all for me. hope to see an update soon. would be nice to have albums listed when you press an artist, and a quick alphabet bar on the right for all views, like we have for contacts. is that API standardized?
    I am working on the crashing issue currently, I should have it fixed by the end of the day but I have no idea when BlackBerry will push the update out.

I will be adding the better organization to artists and artist albums and the quick alphabet bar as well! But unfortunately the quick alphabet bar is not standardized so I would have to build it from scratch.

To avoid the crashing you can download a playlist for offline listening but if that isn't ideal I should have a fix soon.

Thanks for downloading!
    04-09-13 12:58 PM
    Anyone know if Google Music is avail in Canada? Would love to use this app and service. Can't believe I've never heard of this before.

I've heard reports that its not available but if you go to http://music.google.com and see if you can setup an account.
    04-09-13 12:58 PM
    I am happy to report that while I am still in the process of fixing the crash issue, the app now has support for foreign characters and will be part of the update that fixes the crashing!
    Thank you!

Out of curiosity, when I download a playlist for offline playback, where is it stored? Phone memory or SD card? Also, would it get mixed up with the music on my phone? I have it organized fairly well, so I would hate to have my G Music stuff get mixed into it.
    04-09-13 01:19 PM
    I can't believe blackberry didn't offer the quick jump sidebar alphabet as an api. How silly of them, seems the most obvious one to give.
    04-09-13 01:28 PM
    Just downloaded the app - happy to support devs who support BB10, with my money! I am having crashing/not playing issues, as well as non-English characters display problems and emailed the dev. Got a response right away and it looks like fixes are coming soon. Patiently waiting.
    04-09-13 01:40 PM
    Thank you!

Out of curiosity, when I download a playlist for offline playback, where is it stored? Phone memory or SD card? Also, would it get mixed up with the music on my phone? I have it organized fairly well, so I would hate to have my G Music stuff get mixed into it.
    Songs are saved to the phone's storage in your music folder and each file is saved as Title - Artist - Album.mp3. Currently if you import the downloaded songs to any other music player, they won't be able to read the ID3 tags because they don't exist. In a future update I plan on giving you the option to choose where the songs are saved to as well as adding ID3 tags but the former will come sooner than the latter.
    04-09-13 01:42 PM

I don't think it is....but there are ways around it. I spoofed my IP address when signing up for the service when it first became available (to make it look like I was in the US), and I haven't had any issues. I was concerned that it would constantly monitor your location and block you from streaming if it detected that you are in Canada, but that's never happened to me.

Good luck!
    04-09-13 01:42 PM
    I can't believe blackberry didn't offer the quick jump sidebar alphabet as an api. How silly of them, seems the most obvious one to give.
    Agreed, they may add the feature soon but as to my knowledge the current one does not offer it.
    04-09-13 01:43 PM
    Any chance I can talk you into developing a similar app that works to control iTunes that is streaming on the same Wifi network (like Remote for iOS)?

There is currently an app that does this available, but your app looks SO much better.

I requested this as an app in a different thread, and it got a few 'likes', so I have to believe there is a demand out there for it.

Regardless, thanks for work on this!!
    04-09-13 01:44 PM
    Any chance I can talk you into developing a similar app that works to control iTunes that is streaming on the same Wifi network (like Remote for iOS)?

There is currently an app that does this available, but your app looks SO much better.

I requested this as an app in a different thread, and it got a few 'likes', so I have to believe there is a demand out there for it.

Regardless, thanks for work on this!!
    The Remote for iOS is developed by Apple and the ability to control iTunes like it does is very hard to do because its not an open API, which Google Music doesn't have an open API either but it was much easier to figure out than Apples. I may look into it further in the future but for now I will be focusing on developing this app.
    cferneyh likes this.
    04-09-13 01:51 PM
    Bummer no support for Google Music in Ontario. Sounds like an awesome app for those in the US.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-09-13 02:22 PM
    Yea, I am working on the crashing bug right as we speak. I discovered it just yesterday and for me it only happens every couple of songs or so. But I can tell you that if you download a playlist for offline listening it will work no problems, its just the streaming part.

I will definitely be adding the better break down of artist and artist album in a future update!
    No biggie, thanks for a quick support
    04-09-13 05:17 PM
    Bummer no support for Google Music in Ontario. Sounds like an awesome app for those in the US.
    You can set up your Google Music account by using a US proxy or VPN tunnel, or simply when on a trip to the US.

Once you're setup for Google Music, you can use it from outside the US. The US IP is only needed when registering for the service.

I'm in Ontario too, and have been using Google Music for a year and a half now.

I'll give this app a try. Hope it sounds as good as it looks

Posted with a BlackBerry Zed10 via CB10
    04-09-13 05:53 PM
424 12345 ...