Does anyone know if the new Google maps works on the z10?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:10 AM
    Nope. Won't work until the Android runtime update coming sometime late summer.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:14 AM
    MapQuest has an Android app. Just wanted to mention it bc I'm going to try to sideload it when I have time.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:17 AM
    Nope. Won't work until the Android runtime update coming sometime late summer.

Posted via CB10
    Umm...No. Google Maps works PERFECTLY on the Z10. Just sideload and enjoy
    katiepea likes this.
    05-23-13 08:21 AM
    How about email Google for a native app?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 on Rogers
    05-23-13 08:22 AM
    How about email Google for a native app?

All of google apps will never come to our blackberry devices..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:31 AM
    I've been using Google Maps on my Z10 for some time now and I find, while it doesn't work *perfect*, it does do the job for the many things that Google Maps does better than any other map app. Street view won't work, but local search, map and navigation work well. Go ahead and download the bar file at the link below and sideload it:

http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/57/c9/7...1403.402.0.bar

As for requesting Google to officially make an app for BB10, don't hold your breath. While I'm a big advocate of contacting developers and letting them know there is interest for BB10 (I've created a thread specifically for this purpose), I've left Google off the list because with BBRY's current market share being where it is there is absolutely no way Google will support BB10, them being a direct competitor and all with Android. They're still forced to play nice with Apple simply because Apple's market share is so high -- it is not in their interest to do otherwise.

If you're interested in contacting developers of apps you're still waiting for, head over to my thread and fire off an email to the ones on the list you're interested in, and add any I may have missed:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    jrdba likes this.
    05-23-13 09:36 AM
    Is that the NEW Google maps app that just came out?

I know that Google maps works as I have it now but I wanted the newest version that came out.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 12:27 PM
    Ummm he was asking about the new Google Maps so the answer remains the same.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:40 PM
    Ummm he was asking about the new Google Maps so the answer remains the same.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes you're right, I re-read the OP, missed the word "new" the first time.

Now if I were Head of a dev team at Google, not wanting BlackBerry users to benefit from the efforts of Android development, I might buy a few BB10 devices for the team to engineer INTO the design of the software, incompatibilities to prevent the apk to bar conversion of the new Google maps. I would want users to wish to have the new maps to be incentivised to ditch BB10 and buy an Android device instead...

Anyone agree this sort of thought process might go on at Google?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:56 PM
    Other companies have done it in the past. So not impossible. Just improbable.

05-23-13 06:20 PM
    This is not true
    05-24-13 03:01 AM
    I tried the bar file. It seems the program has trouble staying connected to the gps signal when driving. Anyone else have this problem? Seems like a great program otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 11:34 AM
    Ah yes you're right, I re-read the OP, missed the word "new" the first time.

Now if I were Head of a dev team at Google, not wanting BlackBerry users to benefit from the efforts of Android development, I might buy a few BB10 devices for the team to engineer INTO the design of the software, incompatibilities to prevent the apk to bar conversion of the new Google maps. I would want users to wish to have the new maps to be incentivised to ditch BB10 and buy an Android device instead...

Anyone agree this sort of thought process might go on at Google?

Posted via CB10
    it is possible, but mostlikely people switch from android to blackberry as bb hardware is more advanced than all those samsung galaxyies et cetera
    06-29-13 05:01 AM
    it is possible, but mostlikely people switch from android to blackberry as bb hardware is more advanced than all those samsung galaxyies et cetera
    Is this a joke?
    06-29-13 05:13 AM
    Oh yea, so advanced that software cnt figure out whether to stay on or reboot!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-29-13 05:21 AM