Nope didnt work. Still same problem
    Google auth page

Posted via CB10
    Mine is stuck at the feedly login as well. I just bought the app and tried to login twice and both times it is stuck with the message "Please wait while the authorization request for feedly is being processed"

I've left it at that spot for 5+ minutes but nothing happens. I have also verified that I can log In to google via the browser.

For whatever its worth, I have two step authentication enabled and it let me put in the 6 digit pin just fine.
    Issue has been identified was caused by few changes I made in last build
    New build has been uploaded (2.3.0.4) and submitted for approval. All beta users can update

Hopefully again this will be quickly approved by BlackBerry
    The version also has fix for marking all read special feeds such as "All new", "All"
    01-28-14 07:45 PM
    Issue has been identified was caused by few changes I made in last build
    New build has been uploaded (2.3.0.4) and submitted for approval. All beta users can update

Hopefully again this will be quickly approved by BlackBerry
    The version also has fix for marking all read special feeds such as "All new", "All"
    Yogeshwar,

I really hope you're making some money on this app. You've put a lot of work into it, and gone above and beyond what we would expect from a developer. Thanks for the hard work and a great app.
    01-28-14 08:04 PM
    Hi
    Don't know if it was in the latest fixes but I've just realised that the app has stopped reverting to the white theme randomly.
    Thanks
    Simon

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 01:34 AM
    Yogeshwar,

I really hope you're making some money on this app. You've put a lot of work into it, and gone above and beyond what we would expect from a developer. Thanks for the hard work and a great app.
    I do OK obviously sales are down compared to what they were earlier in the Year I don't have too many complaints
    The OS, Developer platform is improving right before our eyes and maturing into something really good.

Also user engagement is still there so I will continue on till such factors exists
    hakimmmmm likes this.
    01-29-14 11:37 AM
    Hi
    Don't know if it was in the latest fixes but I've just realised that the app has stopped reverting to the white theme randomly.
    Thanks
    Simon

Posted via CB10
    That's good to know but this issue has been really unpredictable with no real known cause (maybe base framework bug on specific OS etc who knows)
    BTW the issue might have also gone if you performed 10.2.1 upgrade recently (I never got this issue reported on 10.2.1 OS)
    01-29-14 11:39 AM
    I did upgrade a couple of weeks ago, so you could be onto something there.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 02:48 PM
    Release 2.3.0.4 (Major Bugfix) was just approved and should be rolling out soon. Everyone is encouraged to upgrade from 2.2.12.15 since Feedly authorization (first time login) is broken in that build.
    Along with fix for Feedly first time user login the other fixes include
    1. Better handling of move to next feed/folder when browsing special feeds such as "All", "All new"
    2. Mark all action did not update the read status in Article list (local only, feedly sync was OK)
    01-29-14 11:03 PM
    Release 2.3.0.4 (Major Bugfix) was just approved and should be rolling out soon. Everyone is encouraged to upgrade from 2.2.12.15 since Feedly authorization (first time login) is broken in that build.
    Along with fix for Feedly first time user login the other fixes include
    1. Better handling of move to next feed/folder when browsing special feeds such as "All", "All new"
    2. Mark all action did not update the read status in Article list (local only, feedly sync was OK)
    Yogeshwar, I'm still observing an issue with mark all read (move to next feed enabled) while on the last folder/category.
    Instead of returning to All Feeds (root, as feedly website does) it goes back to the first folder even is empty.
    Small nuisance thou, as I love the new functionality.
    Thanks! Wolf

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:00 AM
    Yogeshwar, I'm still observing an issue with mark all read (move to next feed enabled) while on the last folder/category.
    Instead of returning to All Feeds (root, as feedly website does) it goes back to the first folder even is empty.
    Small nuisance thou, as I love the new functionality.
    Thanks! Wolf

Posted via CB10
    That's a good catch, will try to do better implementation for next cycle.
    02-01-14 11:20 AM
    Currently not planning a full app section in hub like whatsapp but notifications will be added to hub

Posted via CB10
    Unsure if this has already made its way into the app with the user defined intervals. If you do consider adding a full app section to the Hub, I would like to add my vote. I really like Messages integration for individual feed alerts in BB News.

Good job on the app.

EDIT: NewsBlur login button doesnt seem to work, for me, on Welcome screen. Is it working for others? Q10 10.1
    Last edited by mrskycar; 02-02-14 at 11:07 AM. Reason: edit
    02-02-14 11:03 AM
    Unsure if this has already made its way into the app with the user defined intervals. If you do consider adding a full app section to the Hub, I would like to add my vote. I really like Messages integration for individual feed alerts in BB News.

Good job on the app.

EDIT: NewsBlur login button doesnt seem to work, for me, on Welcome screen. Is it working for others? Q10 10.1
    As long as it's an option... I get approx. 300 per day - I don't want all that in the Hub!
    02-02-14 11:28 AM
    This or Feedminder? (which I currently use). Anyone who used both and could give me some advice? Thanks

Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    02-02-14 11:53 AM
    This or Feedminder? (which I currently use). Anyone who used both and could give me some advice? Thanks

Posted via CB10.1 Q10
    Gnewsreader blows Feedminder out of the water. You won't be disappointed. Don't buy a soda today and spend that dollar for the app.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    02-02-14 12:14 PM
    They're really different products. FeedMinder is a stand-alone RSS aggregator (with no cloud sync/integration at the moment); gNewsReader is a Feedly/NewsBlur client. As far as the RSS experience goes, the only thing FeedMinder has on gNewsReader is an inline preview of article text. Otherwise, I prefer the gNewsReader UI. FeedMinder also has a built-in Twitter client, but it's fairly bare-bones. There's no way to open an individual tweet to view conversations; all you get is the timeline view.

With the inception of direct APK installs, I've downloaded gReader from Google Play, and it's a much more fully-featured app than what gNewsReader is right now. Even the free version very nearly replicates the functionality of the Feedly desktop interface. I'd love to see gNewsReader get there at some point.
    02-02-14 12:49 PM

Good job on the app.

Thanks for the feedback

Will check out the issue with NewsBlur login. Regarding HUB integration full HUB integration requires a permission from BlackBerry which I have not yet sought. Once I get the background updates working I will surely think about it.

@Elessar.cm - I am not sure if this is OS 10.2.1 or not but I think now you can choose which accounts are shown in Hub, so I am not sure if additional setting is required from application side. If there is easy way to control it from the application I will surely implement the same
    02-02-14 11:01 PM
    They're really different products. FeedMinder is a stand-alone RSS aggregator (with no cloud sync/integration at the moment); gNewsReader is a Feedly/NewsBlur client. As far as the RSS experience goes, the only thing FeedMinder has on gNewsReader is an inline preview of article text. Otherwise, I prefer the gNewsReader UI. FeedMinder also has a built-in Twitter client, but it's fairly bare-bones. There's no way to open an individual tweet to view conversations; all you get is the timeline view.

With the inception of direct APK installs, I've downloaded gReader from Google Play, and it's a much more fully-featured app than what gNewsReader is right now. Even the free version very nearly replicates the functionality of the Feedly desktop interface. I'd love to see gNewsReader get there at some point.
    Thanks for good summary, I have not used gReader but if you can list the important features that you miss I will surely see what I can do (offline is obvious and I think feed article preview is already mentioned)

On a side note Crackberry forums are a great place since many times question about gNewsReader are answered by other users themselves and that too multiple ones giving many perspective. Most of the time there is very little or none I need to add to the conversation. Thanks all for that.
    simonfa likes this.
    02-02-14 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the feedback

Will check out the issue with NewsBlur login. Regarding HUB integration full HUB integration requires a permission from BlackBerry which I have not yet sought. Once I get the background updates working I will surely think about it.

@Elessar.cm - I am not sure if this is OS 10.2.1 or not but I think now you can choose which accounts are shown in Hub, so I am not sure if additional setting is required from application side. If there is easy way to control it from the application I will surely implement the same
    Hi @Yogeshwar,

Yes I'm aware of the options. They are Hub only, Separate Account, or both. Unfortunately, you cant exclude a Hub-active item entirely. You end up with items showing in the consolidated Hub view, or as an entry in the Hub list.
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    02-03-14 06:41 AM
    The availability of caching is the one feature I need in your App. Give me the "Caching feature" and I will go to sleep with my phone in my hands.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    02-05-14 02:14 PM
    NewsBlur login button doesnt seem to work, for me, on Welcome screen. Is it working for others? Q10 10.1
    Any update on this or is anyone else having a problem accessing the sign on?

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.1925
    02-05-14 06:25 PM
    Any update on this or is anyone else having a problem accessing the sign on?

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.1925
    Confirmed the issue similar issue to what had broken the feedly authentication, just fixed it in my local will try to push for approval by weekend
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-05-14 08:03 PM
    Minor BETA update 2.4.0.1 should now be available
    Mostly bugfixes in this one

- Fix for NewsBlur login
    - More Q10/Q5 keyboard shortcut (also plan to add up/down when viewing article)
    - Fix for Chinese language display (mainly punctuations), possibly also fixes Japanese language display
    02-08-14 08:51 AM
    Minor BETA update 2.4.0.1 should now be available
    Mostly bugfixes in this one

- Fix for NewsBlur login
    - More Q10/Q5 keyboard shortcut (also plan to add up/down when viewing article)
    - Fix for Chinese language display (mainly punctuations), possibly also fixes Japanese language display
    Thanks Yogeshwar, would you have the chance to look at the last feed folder & mark all as read issue I described earlier?
    No complicated logic needed, just return to the root (as of this beta it stays in the same folder)
    Thx!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 05:08 PM
    Thanks Yogeshwar, would you have the chance to look at the last feed folder & mark all as read issue I described earlier?
    No complicated logic needed, just return to the root (as of this beta it stays in the same folder)
    Thx!

Posted via CB10
    Implemented in next BETA update (2.4.1.2)

- New keyboard shortcuts for Q10/Q5 (https://gnewsreader.uservoice.com/kn...rry-10-q10-q5-)
    - Fix Chinese punctuations display
    - Fix Newsblur login
    - Action button choice on viewing article (star/unstar, mobilzer, open article)
    - Go back to subscriptions list once all of the category is marked as read

All Q10/Q5 users please share your feedback on new keyboard shortcuts.
    Last edited by Yogeshwar P; 02-09-14 at 06:27 AM.
    jamesharmeling and Wolfgan like this.
    02-09-14 03:59 AM
    Implemented in next BETA update (2.4.1.2)

- New keyboard shortcuts for Q10/Q5 (https://gnewsreader.uservoice.com/kn...rry-10-q10-q5-)
    - Fix Chinese punctuations display
    - Fix Newsblur login
    - Action button choice on viewing article (star/unstar, mobilzer, open article)
    - Go back to subscriptions list once all of the category is marked as read

All Q10/Q5 users please share your feedback on new keyboard shortcuts.
    Tested on a Q10 and some of the shortcuts I tested seems to work well.I suggest to add that list to the About/Help screen for in app reference.
    Is it possible to add additional productivity shortcuts for easier reading? Ie SPACEBAR to go to move to next page inside the article, P/N to prev/next article (to replicate more accurately the Feedly experience with kbd shortcuts -listed when pressing ? at the webpage-)
    Mark All as Read at last folder seems to work now (need to test better as it depends on how news arrive :-)
    Good job and thanks for keep improving it!
    Yogeshwar P likes this.
    02-09-14 09:19 AM
    Forgot to add, is it possible to add a link to https://gnewsreader.uservoice.com/ in the About section for easier access and suggestions report? Wolf
    02-09-14 09:21 AM
1,208 ... 2526272829 ...