@msps,

Did you manage to fix the problem? Do you get notification emails for your gmails?
    07-22-13 06:57 AM
    For those of you who have setup notification emails and have set EmailForGoogleGmail to listen to the notification emails :

If your account is upgraded by Google to have email categories (priority, promotion, etc), then the current version of the EmailForGoogleGmail will fail to clean its tiled screen after you open the app to check your emails.
    I am working on a new version that has already fixed that. The new version is planned to get submitted to BlackBerry World by end of the week after it is tested (you should have it available to download by early next week)
    07-22-13 07:02 AM
    A new version of EmailForGoogleGmail (1.5.16) is submitted to BB World yesterday.
    It correctly handles the new Gmail change with Primary, Social and Promotion categories.
    You should be able to upgrade to version 1.5.16 within the next 4 days (when the new version is approved).
    08-04-13 11:57 AM
    EmailForGoogleGmail version 1.5.20 and version 1.6.0 are ready for download (1.5.20 for those of you who run BB 10.0 OS, while 1.6.0 is for BB 10.1 and 10.2 OS).
    08-06-13 05:52 AM
    EmailForGoogleGmail version 1.6.3 is submitted to BB World. You should be able to upgrade to it (free as usual) when it is approved by BB World team.

This new version has a search feature allowing you to do simple and advance search finding emails based on many criteria set by you.
    This search feature is not available to anyone using browser for checking gmails (not even on PC and Macs).
    08-11-13 11:59 AM
    All nice but the opening app is still a browser link. Get to cascades and the real deal

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 04:23 AM
    All nice but the opening app is still a browser link. Get to cascades and the real deal

Posted via CB10
    This app is %100 Cascades (technically called Cascades-C++). Even the part where it connects to Google Servers is made with Cascades component.

Writing a email client from ground up using Google APIs (if Google give permission to use those APIs for BlackBerry) is like going down the rabbit hole. Even a team of developers can't catch up and update it fast enough. It will eventually end up being an app with sub functionality and prone to cancellation like what happened to Gmail app for legacy BlackBerry OS devices.

EmailForGoogleGmail app (%100 Cascades app) will become better and better and it will have more functionality than what Gmail users have on Email Client apps and on browsers on PC.
    This advance search UI in the submitted new version of EFGG will be one of those functions.
    08-12-13 08:46 AM
    Hello,

if I uninstalled it
    how i remove script ?
    i mean how to disable script in google script (script.google.com) ?
    it keep sending the notification to my outlook.com email.

you should provide how to clean unintsall guide.
    not many people is advanced with script thing.

need your guidance.

Thanks,
    08-14-13 06:45 PM
    Hello,

if I uninstalled it
    how i remove script ?
    i mean how to disable script in google script (script.google.com) ?
    it keep sending the notification to my outlook.com email.

you should provide how to clean unintsall guide.
    not many people is advanced with script thing.

need your guidance.

Thanks,
    To disable the notification emails, you can either open the Google Drive, double click on the script to open it and then hit the Clock icon and turn off the Trigger.

Or, you can upgrade the script to a new one that can remotely be turned on and off (You send an email to yourself with a subject that is your secret to turn the script on or off. Each time the script is turned on or off it sends you a confirmation email).

This new script and how it works can be found in the same place where the original script is shown (Open the Options Page of the EmailforGoogleGmail, then hit 'BB Notification Email' and hit the 'Open Web Page for Push Notification" button. then see step 6).
    08-14-13 09:46 PM
    Those of you who run BB 10.0 should now be able to upgrade to EmailforGoogleGmail 1.6.5

Those of you who run BB 10.1 or 10.2 should now be able to upgrade to EmailForGoogleGmail 1.7
    08-14-13 09:47 PM
    @vijik
    software release
    OS version
    What OS version do you run now? Still on 10.0?
    08-15-13 05:26 AM
    Where is the script?
    Download the app yesterday, been missing bb since 2011 and waited LONGLY for this device, coming back to BB from android, help me out configure my gmail it is the msot importante thing in my phone also I'm a Comunyty managher and can't see my pages on the FB app.

helpme!!

thank you
    08-17-13 12:19 PM
    Where is the script?
    Download the app yesterday, been missing bb since 2011 and waited LONGLY for this device, coming back to BB from android, help me out configure my gmail it is the msot importante thing in my phone also I'm a Comunyty managher and can't see my pages on the FB app.

helpme!!

thank you
    You can find the script from the Option page of the app:
    Open the app, swipe down from top bezel to open the App Menu. Select Options, then BB Notification Email, read and follow the instructions.

Where did you used to see your Community Management pages (I don't know what that is).

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 12:37 PM
    What OS version do you run now? Still on 10.0?
    08-17-13 03:37 PM
    You must then be running version 1.7 of the app.
    Any crashes?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 10:15 AM
    No crashes since a long time. Can't remember the version number.
    Still getting issues with notifications, seems to be hit and miss
    08-18-13 02:57 PM
    No crashes since a long time. Can't remember the version number.
    Still getting issues with notifications, seems to be hit and miss
    Good that it doesn't crash anymore.

So notification emails don't always arrive to your phone fast enough?
    Do you use Outlook or Gmail account as your notification email account?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:05 AM
    Those of you running BB10.1 and BB10.2 : Don't upgrade to EmailForGoogleGmail 1.7.3 that is available today. Wait until tomorrow and upgrade to 1.7.4 instead.

Version 1.7.3 is meant for those running BB10.0

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 07:08 AM
    Those of you running BB10.1 and BB10.2: Please upgrade to version 1.7.6

(Those running BB10.0 can only upgrade to 1.7.5).
    08-27-13 04:05 PM
    Version 2.0 is now approved and should be ready for you to download.

Scrolling and PinchToZoom were an issue for many of you. So this app is rewritten to handle both and with much better performance.

New in 2.0:

- Much faster scrolling.

- Much faster navigation through emails (open and close emails in the Inbox)

- Overall much better performance

- You can pinch-to-zoom all pages without having any negative effect on the scrolling.

- No need for you to enable/disable pinch to zoom (you can always pinch to zoom).

- Selection Control Bar moved from lower part of the screen to the title bar for better accuracy and avoiding hitting emails below the bar (Selection Control bar is the bar with 5-6 menu item that shows when one or more emails are selected).

- Has now a menu item for Promotion folder (it was a pain for us all to mark promotion emails as read, now it is easier to switch to the promotions folder and mark those emails as Read).

- Can now directly send us email and report bug (from Options page of the app. See App Menu).

Enjoy!
    08-30-13 06:15 AM
    Thanks
    Waaaay better experience than previous version!

Is there any way to hide google+ and other icons from Gmail screen. I don't need anything but Gmail
    08-30-13 12:39 PM
    Thanks
    Waaaay better experience than previous version!

Is there any way to hide google+ and other icons from Gmail screen. I don't need anything but Gmail
    Right. I tested the new version on BB10.0, BB10.1 and BB10.2
    The performance is like day and night. The app is now very responsive and fast.

I am working on finding a way to hide the top Google title bar.

Just remember when you compose email with the new version, if the message part is too small grab the top part of the Compose page and scroll it up.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 02:04 PM
    By now everyone should have version 2.0.16

One of the new features in the 2.0.16 is that users can now reduce the font size so that more emails / data can be seen in one full screen.
    This is specially good for Q10 and Q5 users who used to see only 2 to 3 emails on the screen even with this app that doesn't (intentionally) have menu bar at the bottom of the screen.

The other new feature is Quick Add (menu item +Event).
    You can use that to quickly add Calendar appointments.
    For example you can write:
    Meeting with James at 9am

And Google figures out what you mean and adds a proper appointment to your calendar.

Quick Add can also create Repeating Events. For example you can enter:

Project meeting Monday at 10am weekly for 12 weeks

You can find lots of examples for Quick Add in this app.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    09-20-13 07:28 AM
    FYI: Version 2.0.33 of EmailForGoogleGmail app can now open your Yahoo and Outlook/Hotmail account in a separate window, without leaving your Gmail Account.
    This was added after many users requested it via support emails.
    10-19-13 06:32 AM
    Unable to open pdf attachments.
    It worked fine before
    10-21-13 07:10 AM
137 ... 3456