- Receive notification without even running this app*.

*: requires you to add our script.
    what "script" are you talking about?
    04-03-13 05:03 AM
    what "script" are you talking about?
    BB Notification Email section of the Option settings page in GmailBrowser has all the info needed to setup Notification Email.

Check that out and please let me know if anything is unclear.
    04-03-13 07:33 AM
    Select the email address for your Notification Account from the drop down list called 'Select Email Account to Listen to' (if you have added your Notification Account to the 'Accounts' on your BlackBerry, you should see it listed in the drop down list
    Do not have any account listed there, just a blank bar, ticked
    It works... sort of

> GmailBrowser doesn't run in background. It just wakes up if an email is seen

It doesn't wake up, ie gmailbrowser doesn't open if it's not running as an active frame.

> The icon on GmailBrowser is a relatively small icon with an 'ear' icon

no icon

> within a minute later you get an email sent to your Notification Account on your BB. The BB vibrates, the LED on the BB blinks

It does
    04-03-13 10:39 AM
    Do not have any account listed there, just a blank bar, ticked
    It works... sort of

> GmailBrowser doesn't run in background. It just wakes up if an email is seen

It doesn't wake up, ie gmailbrowser doesn't open if it's not running as an active frame.

> The icon on GmailBrowser is a relatively small icon with an 'ear' icon

no icon

> within a minute later you get an email sent to your Notification Account on your BB. The BB vibrates, the LED on the BB blinks

It does
    - If the 'ear' icon is not in Active Frame screen, it means GmailBrowser doesn't listen to any email account.

- If you add an Account to BlackBerry Hub when GmailBrowser is running then the new account doesn't show up in the drop down menu of the GmailBrowser. Restart GmailBrowser to force a sync with BlackBerry Hub Accounts.

- GmailBrowser, while thumb nailed, does not run anything (to preserve battery). When an email notification arrives it wakes up and updates its Active Frame icon and cleans up the old email notifications. Then it 'sleeps' again until either woken up by another notification email, or when it is tapped by user in the Active Frame area (full screen mode) .
    kawsar ahamed likes this.
    04-03-13 12:22 PM
    @msps,

How is it going? Is everything setup now and working?
    04-04-13 09:06 AM
    Suddenly this afternoon, the app changed and is going to the login screen whenever it is launched. Doesn't matter that "stay signed in" is checked.

Also, if I click the help on the bottom, I can then select gmail from the bar at the top of the screen. Am I the only that's having this issue?
    04-18-13 07:20 PM
    @msps,

How is it going? Is everything setup now and working?
    No 'ear' icon.
    Not sure what icon you are talking about.
    I can't even see it on your screen shots?

If I leave the app as active frame
    it usually closes as soon as I tap it to go full screen.
    May have something to do with the time period ie does it if active frame is left open for 'too long'

To be honest it doesn't bother me.
    I do not need Gmailbrowser as an active frame.
    After all I do not keep the HUB open full screen all the time either.
    I am happy to open Gmailbrowser (or the hub for that matter) only when I get a sound/LED notification of a new message.

Talking about notifications.
    I keep getting an error message :

Code:
    4/15/13 6:49 AM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/15/13 6:50 AM
    4/15/13 6:54 AM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/15/13 6:54 AM
    4/15/13 6:55 AM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/15/13 6:55 AM
    4/15/13 6:56 AM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/15/13 6:56 AM
    4/15/13 9:36 AM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/15/13 9:37 AM
    4/15/13 5:31 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/15/13 5:31 PM
    Code:
    Start	Function	Error Message	Trigger	End
    4/16/13 4:36 PM	notification	We're sorry, a server error occurred. Please wait a bit and try again.	time-based	4/16/13 4:37 PM
    Code:
    Start	Function	Error Message	Trigger	End
    4/17/13 2:00 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:01 PM
    4/17/13 2:01 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:01 PM
    4/17/13 2:02 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:02 PM
    4/17/13 2:03 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:03 PM
    4/17/13 2:04 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:04 PM
    4/17/13 2:05 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:06 PM
    4/17/13 2:06 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:06 PM
    4/17/13 2:07 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:07 PM
    4/17/13 2:08 PM	notification	Cannot retrieve the count for Inbox (line 3, file "Code")	time-based	4/17/13 2:08 PM
    04-19-13 05:53 PM
    Suddenly this afternoon, the app changed and is going to the login screen whenever it is launched. Doesn't matter that "stay signed in" is checked.

Also, if I click the help on the bottom, I can then select gmail from the bar at the top of the screen. Am I the only that's having this issue?
    I don't experience the same issue. That means that somehow Google server doesn't accept the autologin for some reason. Since I am not experiencing it and no one so far has reported that, I assume it must be something with your Gmail account settings.
    04-19-13 08:03 PM
    @msps,

Regarding "ear" icon on the Active Frame of GB (GmailBrowser):

Open GB, Swipe down from top bezel to see the app menu. Select Options. In the opened screen hit "Show BB Notification Setting?" button, then hit "Select Email Account to Listen to" and then pick one of the email accounts listed in the drop down menu.

Now, when you close Options page and minimize GB, you should see an "Ear" icon on the Active Frame of GB.
    Is that correct?
    04-19-13 08:07 PM
    @msps,

Regarding the app closes when it comes to full screen:

What version of BB 10 do you run?

I used to have an older version of the BB10 and I could see the app exiting once in a while. I upgraded to 10.0.10.648 and now it works properly without any changes in the app.
    04-19-13 08:44 PM
    @vijik
    software release
    OS version

"Select Email Account to Listen to" and then pick one of the email accounts listed in the drop down menu.
    As I said before.
    There is no account I can pick, there is however a blank space that I can tick

GMailBrowser Application, Native BB10 App with App Lock-2013-04-20-11.50.26.jpg
    04-20-13 05:59 AM
    @msps,

Could it be that you have denied "Email and PIN Messages" permission to GmailBrowser?
    04-20-13 07:26 AM
    I don't experience the same issue. That means that somehow Google server doesn't accept the autologin for some reason. Since I am not experiencing it and no one so far has reported that, I assume it must be something with your Gmail account settings.
    Happened after I logged out of my primary GMail account to login to another. Everything was done on my computer and not on the phone, so I don't know how it affected my phone app. No changes were made to my GMail account at all. Was working before, not after. Several hours later it began working again so I figured it was sorted. Right up until I had to log out of the GMail account. Now I'm back to the same issue. It's been a full day since it started again with no change this time.
    04-20-13 07:35 AM
    @MJMoquin,

This must be the something on the Gmail server that doesn't allow you to reuse your login tockens from the last time.
    I have to google a bit to find out if there is a workaround for this on the Account Settings on Gmail servers. Let you know if I find something.

All the settings done on the PC with your Gmail account will also effect this app as this also works like a PC browser connecting to Gmail account.

For curiosity, when you launch the app and it shows you the login page, please log in once, then close the app and open it again. Now if it shows login page, open App Menu (Swipe down from top bezel) and select Home. Does it log you in?
    04-20-13 08:27 AM
    @msps,
    10.0.10.90 is what I had and when GB was crashing when it came to foreground from the minimized state.

Last night I made a new version 1.1.9 with a change that hopefully will avoid the app crash sometimes when it comes to foreground.
    (EDIT: 1.1.9 was submitted to BB World last night. You should be able to download it within the next 4 - 5 days)

Do you use the App Lock feature of the GmailBrowser?
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-20-13 at 10:02 AM.
    04-20-13 08:47 AM
    FYI: This app is now called Email For Google Gmail in BB World.

A new version (1.1.11) of the app is released on BB World. Please upgrade.

@msps, try the new version and let me know if it fixes the bug you are experiencing (App exits on BB 10.0.10.90 when it comes to foreground).
    04-24-13 05:57 AM
    why such a long name?
    Why not cvall it 'gmail viewer' or something similiar?

Anyway...
    New version exits every time it goes to foreground and forgets login details.
    New UI looks androish to me. (icons, back button placed right top corner instead bottom left etc)
    04-24-13 08:13 AM
    I was forced to by BlackBerry.
    GmailViewer, and GmailBrowser are not allowed to use as app name they said.
    They said app names are not allowed to start with a google product name.
    X for Google Y is the format they accept. That is the reason behind the new name.

So the new version is worse then the previous version when it comes to exiting?
    I need to know this to figure out what to so next.
    Thanks.
    04-24-13 08:29 AM
    Dear Sir,
    I live in bangladesh but i can not blackberry mobile browsing internet i am presently GP mobile used but i can not used easily. My mobile name is Blackberry 8900 , its PIN code is 2140435E & IMEI no is : 357238.03.309152.6. Kindly help me your networking browsing.
    Thank you,
    MD.Kawsar ahamed.
    04-24-13 08:54 AM
    So the new version is worse then the previous version when it comes to exiting?
    I need to know this to figure out what to so next.
    Thanks.
    Its not better.
    It doesn't matter as I see no point keeping it in active frame.
    Such a waste of the screen real estate.

I only need to open it when I get a notification and then logging in every time ppisses me off.

Not sure if its gmail issue or the app
    04-24-13 11:13 AM
    Just to let you know, I'm not having any problems with the app. I use it daily.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:34 PM
    Its not better.
    It doesn't matter as I see no point keeping it in active frame.
    Such a waste of the screen real estate.

I only need to open it when I get a notification and then logging in every time ppisses me off.

Not sure if its gmail issue or the app
    I made another version (1.1.12) and submitted it to BB World. Hopefully it behaves better on your BB.

I also agree with you on the icons looking Androidish, so I switched back to BlackBerry icons.
    04-24-13 04:18 PM
    Just to let you know, I'm not having any problems with the app. I use it daily.

Posted via CB10
    Do you keep it open and in active screen? What OS version do you run?

I don't have problem with the app either. It doesn't close on me, but I am running a newer version of the OS comparing to the OS msps runs. My guess is that it is something in older BB 10 that closes the app. Hopefully 1.1.12 will fix the bug msps experiencing.
    04-24-13 04:22 PM
    I'm running the leaked 10.1, but it was the same on 10.0.10.85. I usually open it when I get a notification and the close it, but sometimes leave it open for an hour or so, as an active frame then come back to it

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:09 PM
    I'm running the leaked 10.1, but it was the same on 10.0.10.85. I usually open it when I get a notification and the close it, but sometimes leave it open for an hour or so, as an active frame then come back to it

Posted via CB10
    So the app doesn't close occasionally when you tap on its active frame box?
    04-24-13 06:33 PM
137 1234 ...