I know it has closed at least once, but it certainly hasn't been frequent or repeatable.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:42 PM
    FYI: This app is now called Email For Google Gmail in BB World.

A new version (1.1.11) of the app is released on BB World. Please upgrade.

@msps, try the new version and let me know if it fixes the bug you are experiencing (App exits on BB 10.0.10.90 when it comes to foreground).
    Any chance you'd be willing to provide screen shots of your "gPlus for Google Plus" app. Was checking out the app in BlackBerry App World, and there are no screen shots of the app.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 09:18 AM
    Any chance you'd be willing to provide screen shots of your "gPlus for Google Plus" app. Was checking out the app in BlackBerry App World, and there are no screen shots of the app.

Posted via CB10
    Will do.
    04-27-13 06:35 AM
    FYI:

Version 1.1.13 is submitted to BB World and should be available within the next 5 days.

New in 1.1.13:

- Uses BlackBerry 10 Icons

- A fix for the bug that closes the app when it comes to foreground.

- Added Date, Battery and Memory indicators on the Active Frame screen (User can enable/ disable each in Settings page)
    04-27-13 06:38 AM
    EmailForGoogleGmail 1.1.13 is now ready for download on BB World.

Please download and let me know what you think about the new Battery and Memory indicators in the Active Frame and also tell me if the bug that caused the app to exit (when it came to foreground) is gone.
    04-30-13 06:31 AM
    Not gone yet but improved

I've noticed the longer it stays thumbnailed ie a few minutes the bigger chance the app will close if tapped
    04-30-13 05:04 PM
    Not gone yet but improved

I've noticed the longer it stays thumbnailed ie a few minutes the bigger chance the app will close if tapped
    Thanks for info. I should at the end get it to run properly on 10.0.10.90.

On my newer OS, I haven't seen any crash since 4 days ago (I kept it running even through night and when the device was in Bedside mode).

Regarding the shown date on the active frame (thumbnailed), in the next version I will add a setting so that users can select a preferred format.
    The RAM bar on the active frame is showing empty space comparing to the total RAM space available on the device.
    04-30-13 07:37 PM
    I am not getting any notifications.
    I have signed up for an outlook.com account, added it to my BB, added the script to my google account, but nothing.
    Only thing i notice that does not quite add up is that the instructions say create a trigger "ProcessInbox-....." but because the instructions say to replace the text in code.gs with the script provided ProcessInbox is not a function that can be selected. Should I have added the script to the existing code.gs?
    05-23-13 02:17 PM
    I am not getting any notifications.
    I have signed up for an outlook.com account, added it to my BB, added the script to my google account, but nothing.
    Only thing i notice that does not quite add up is that the instructions say create a trigger "ProcessInbox-....." but because the instructions say to replace the text in code.gs with the script provided ProcessInbox is not a function that can be selected. Should I have added the script to the existing code.gs?
    1- Please replace the text in the code.gs file (on Google Drive for your Gmail Account) with the script provided
    (Visit the web page with instruction again to see the minor change I just did to the script. Added
    +','+new Date()
    )

2- When code.gs is open, select the menu item "Resources". From that menu select "Current Project's triggers" and make a trigger like this:
    Time-Driven, Minutes-Timer, Every Minute

Forget about "ProcessInbox". I removed it from the instructions.
    If you have replaces the script in code.gs, the trigger panel will automatically have "notification" as first parameter for the trigger.
    Last edited by Vijik; 05-23-13 at 09:36 PM.
    05-23-13 09:22 PM
    Any new version soon?

Still crashes if left thumbnailed
    06-07-13 11:41 AM
    Any new version soon?

Still crashes if left thumbnailed
    I have a new version that I am alpha testing since 2 weeks ago.
    It has new features like email attachments, Pinch To Zoom for Gmail pages, and simple login keypad with big keys.
    The only reason why I don't submit it, is that I can't get it to crash and I haven't changed anything to fix that.
    If I get it to crash, then I can find out why it crashes.
    I do wait 20 to 30 minutes before I open it, and it opens nice and fine every time.
    06-07-13 12:33 PM
    Wow, this is a great application! I love it. Thank you OP ! Friggin awesome!
    Vijik likes this.
    06-07-13 05:08 PM
    Wow, this is a great application! I love it. Thank you OP ! Friggin awesome!
    If you would like me to help test for you let me know

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 08:13 PM
    If you would like me to help test for you let me know

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.
    06-08-13 11:36 AM
    A question to anyone who experience the app crash right after it is brought to foreground from Thumbnailed state:

Have you given the app BBM permission?

(i am not asking to change it, I just want to figure out where to look)
    06-12-13 07:06 AM
    I did not give it BBM permission
    06-13-13 02:22 AM

Just for the record - I think apps that ask for BBM permission should allow themselves to work OK if you do NOT give that to them.

I have found that the MAJORITY of apps that ask for it don't need it - they simply use it as an advertising vehicle for their product, pushing notifications that you didn't initiate to try to get people to buy their product and using the user as an advertisement.

If the product was a BBM-specific product, like some sort of IM enhancement tool or something, that would be one thing, and I would certainly give it BBM permissions in such a case.
    06-13-13 03:40 AM
    @Omnitech,

This app also works without having any permission to use BBM.

I asked about that permission because I am trying to get the app to crash (it doesn't crash on my BlackBerry) so that I can find out why some people experiencing it crashing.

For that I need to make the settings and permissions similar to what those users have so, hopefully, it also crashes on my BB, giving me a chance to find the cause of the crash.
    06-13-13 07:26 AM
    Thanks.

1- Have you enabled App Lock for the app (in Settings page of the app)?

2- Have you set the app to listen to an email account in BlackBerry Hub?

3- Have you allowed the app 'Email and PIN Messages ' permission (In BlackBerry Settings page)?

I need the above to properly test the new version.
    06-13-13 07:31 AM
    1. No
    2. Not sure. In options it says 'not listening to any email ' but z have outlook address setup for Gmail browser and the code entered in Gmail. I do get notifications and then I open your app.
    3. No
    Vijik likes this.
    06-13-13 09:06 AM
    This app also works without having any permission to use BBM.

I asked about that permission because I am trying to get the app to crash (it doesn't crash on my BlackBerry) so that I can find out why some people experiencing it crashing.

For that I need to make the settings and permissions similar to what those users have so, hopefully, it also crashes on my BB, giving me a chance to find the cause of the crash.

Thanks for the clarification on that. Choices are good.
    Vijik likes this.
    06-13-13 02:40 PM
    No crashes since yesterday.
    The app was thumbnailed overnight, Z10 was in even in night mode with notifications off.
    Thumbnailed again a few times today for different periods of time and works fine going to foreground every time.

What if its something else, eg other apps, BB10 glitch that cause it to crash not the app itself?
    You might be looking for an error in your code that does not exist
    06-14-13 07:53 AM
    No crashes since yesterday.
    The app was thumbnailed overnight, Z10 was in even in night mode with notifications off.
    Thumbnailed again a few times today for different periods of time and works fine going to foreground every time.

What if its something else, eg other apps, BB10 glitch that cause it to crash not the app itself?
    You might be looking for an error in your code that does not exist
    Thank you for the feedback.

It could be something else, agree.
    Since I can't reproduce it even with your exact settings of the app, then I am unable to find the cause anyways.

I will get the other features I wanted to add to work and will submit the new version.
    06-14-13 12:51 PM
    Just to give you guys a heads up, the new version of EmailForGoogleGmail will let you switch to your other Gmail accounts directly from the App Menu (easy access to switch).

To make proper App Menu items I need to know:

Do you use Calendar and Tasks for your other Gmail accounts too? Or you just use the Calendar and Tasks for your main gmail account, while using other Gmails accounts as pure email app?
    06-14-13 12:54 PM
    would it be possible to enable pinch to zoom
    or change font size?
    06-14-13 02:49 PM
137 12345 ...