Email For Google Gmail (aka GmailBrowser) from Fonware

Screenshots of EmailForGoogleGmail Application

Google said they did not want to support Gmail on BB10. EmailForGoogleGmail App let you bring Gmail to your BB10 device as a native BB10 app.
    This app gives you Gmail in a dedicated browser. In addition, by adding our simple script to your google account you can use the top of the line BB push technology to get notifications for your gmails (max 1 minute delay).

Features:

- Beautiful, always updated Gmail UI.

- Has App Lock (You can lock this app so that only you can use it).

- Has a customizable, dedicated timer for how fast it should lock the app after it is minimized/ thumbnail-ed.

- Native BB 10 App.

- Supports portrait and landscape, pinch to zoom, so that you can browse the internet links in your emails.

- Push Gmail notification without draining battery on pulling*.

- Receive notification without even running this app*.

- Can easily open your Google Calendar, Google+, Google Tasks, Google News, Google Photos and other Google apps directly from within the app.

- Can have multiple Gmail accounts open at the same time.

- Can show Date, Battery and Memory info on the Active Frame (thumbnailed) screen

New in version 1.2.1:

- Can attach files to your gmail now.

- Can pinch to zoom gmails (You can still zoom in and out the web pages you browse into using this app).

- Added setting to turn off PinchToZoom for gmails for easier email browsing.

- Date format on the Active Frame has this format (DayOfWeek, MonthName DayOfMonth, Year)

- Can now launch this app in Gmail, Calendar, Tasks, News, Translate, Docs, Books view by just tapping a NFC tag.

- Added a NFC page to create NFC tags for this application.

- Added Custom App Menu with 3 rows to provide fast access to most used functions.

- Added menu item for quickly opening Emails, Calendar, Tasks, Starred Messeges, Sent Messages for the main gmail account.

- Added menu item for quickly opening second, third, forth and fifth gmail accounts.

- Quick access to ShortcutMe and MyProfielsPro if you have them installed.

- Added Invite To Download menu to let you invite your BBM friends to download this app.

New in version 1.3.1:

- Four raw Custom App Menu with even more handy gmail shortcuts.

- Added Inbox, Starred, Sent, Unread and Drafts menu item. These items are now working on your current gmail account and not only on your main gmail account.

- Nicer and cleaner Options page.

- Added keyboard shortcuts for BB Q10 and Q5. This makes it easier and faster to use your gmail accounts. Hit $ to see shortcuts.

- Warning page when important app permissions are not set.

New in 1.5.1:

- Added 16 User-Customizable Menu items in page 2 of the App Menu

- Added menu item for opening Gmail Contacts

- The app can now detect and show what Gmail account (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) has got a new gmail (requires a minor change in the script for each Gmail account)

*: requires you to add our script.

EmailforGoogleGmail Application is available on BB World sold for the sale price $1.99
    Last edited by Vijik; 08-27-13 at 04:03 PM.
    03-07-13 07:14 PM
    I tried to add the script, but when I save it, i get the error "missing ) after argument list (line 13, file "Code")

It doesn't look to be missing....
    03-08-13 09:50 AM
    found it, missing "" around email address
    03-08-13 10:06 AM
    So, it is working now?
    Are you using your work email (or any other email with push) on your BlackBerry?
    8230 likes this.
    03-08-13 10:24 AM
    Gmail works fine in my hub anyway?
    03-08-13 01:03 PM
    I have an account I am migrating away from, but I still like to monitor it and access for archival. I use this app for that. I send the notifications to another Google apps account, which I have in my hub with EAS.

Posted via CB10
    Vijik likes this.
    03-08-13 02:38 PM
    Gmail works fine in my hub anyway?
    Of course, if you don't want to have the GMail UI, email threading, direct and fast access to Google Calendar, Google+, Google Reader, Google News and so on, and if you don't want to have a separate lock for your gmails, then adding the gmail to Hub is a good option.
    Hub is simply fantastic, however some users might want to have their gmails in a gmail environment. GmailBrowser is for those users.
    janjan11 likes this.
    03-09-13 05:20 AM
    Thanks for the info.
    I fixed the web site and added the missing "" around the email address.
    03-09-13 05:22 AM
    As you know today, Google changed the user interface for their Gmail app.

Thanks to a kind user, I was informed that GmailBrowser 1.0.6 had problem browsing gmails in the new UI.

A new version, 1.0.8, is now made with a fix so that it smoothly runs the new Gmail UI.

Version 1.0.8 has also a fix for the problem when a long touch on an email caused the app to browse to the first email page.

GmailBrowser 1.0.8 is submitted to BB World and you can download it as soon as it is approved by BB World.
    03-11-13 09:50 PM
    FYI:

GmailBrowser 1.0.8 is now available on the BB World. Upgrade is free.

Version 1.0.9 with a fix for a bug in 1.0.8 is submitted to BB World.
    03-13-13 06:47 AM
    Forgive my naivete, but is the GmailBrowser app any different from the Google Gmail app? I run the Google Gmail app and it (mail, calendar etc.) seems to work perfectly.

Thanks!
    03-13-13 07:00 AM
    Because Google has stopped supporting BBs (started with BlackBerry OS 7.1 and later including BlackBerry 10), it will not be a 100% guaranteed working Google Gmail app on BlackBerry World.
    Side loaded apps that are written for Android and don't have any changes to suit BlackBerry 10 might work for a period and might stop working with a new update of BlackBerry 10.

Even when side loaded Google Gmail app works, it, comparing to GmailBrowser, does not have App Lock, and it has to run in the background to have notification, and if user selects 1 min email checking (to compete with GmailBrowser) , it will for sure drain the battery fast.

It would be nice if Google would gave up on their bad decision and could embraced BlackBerry like the other US companies they support. In that case it wouldn't be any need for an application like GmailBrowser.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 08:08 AM
    Thank you.
    03-13-13 09:06 AM
    Just wanted to let you know that I am currently testing a new version of GmailBrowser that works with the BB Hub to give a better user experience to users who use Notification Emails.

The new version of GmailBrowser app listens to the notification emails in the Hub. As soon as a new notification email arrives it:

- Changes the Active Frame image of the GmailBrowser showing user has a new email,

- Removes old email notifications (to keep the Hub clean),

- Marks the new email notifications as Read when GmailBrowser app gets opened.
    03-16-13 11:20 AM
    FYI:

GmailBrowser 1.1.5 with the features mentioned in the post above is now approved on BlackBerry World.

For those of you who have activated the script in your Google account to enjoy the push notification of the BlackBerry for your gmails:

Use the button in the Settings page of GmailBrowser 1.1.5 to see the new script and replace your existing script with the new one.
    That makes sure that the Notification emails in the Hub will be monitored and cleaned by GmailBrowser.
    03-21-13 09:38 AM
    Interesting app.

Would be particularly interesting if it accomplishes some of the things that people have trouble achieving with the native email client.

IE issues with syncing the "All Mail" folder, status flags on messages, "delete on phone but not in mailbox", rule management, etc.
    03-21-13 08:49 PM
    Interesting app.

Would be particularly interesting if it accomplishes some of the things that people have trouble achieving with the native email client.

IE issues with syncing the "All Mail" folder, status flags on messages, "delete on phone but not in mailbox", rule management, etc.
    Before I commenting on this, let me ask you a question as it seams, based on your post in the other thread, you know what you are talking about when it comes to Gmail Push, IMAP, etc.

Some of the GmailBrowser users telling me that the push on their Gmail doesn't work and it is not instant.
    I am looking for an email account that users can use for Notification Emails sent from the script they use for GmailBrowser. That account should be added to the BB Hub and the push should be instantaneous for that account.
    What email account should I suggest them using?
    03-21-13 10:14 PM
    Some of the GmailBrowser users telling me that the push on their Gmail doesn't work and it is not instant.
    I am looking for an email account that users can use for Notification Emails sent from the script they use for GmailBrowser. That account should be added to the BB Hub and the push should be instantaneous for that account.
    What email account should I suggest them using?

I don't know what you mean by "email account" in this context.

Are you saying that your application requires a separate "notification account" as a sort of quasi out-of-band signaling method for new activity in someone's "primary account"?
    03-21-13 10:43 PM
    I don't know what you mean by "email account" in this context.

Are you saying that your application requires a separate "notification account" as a sort of quasi out-of-band signaling method for new activity in someone's "primary account"?
    I meant an account from outlook.com or an account from yahoo, etc.

A separate "Notification Account" with push is the best way to send less data on the push itself (the script running on the cloud is sending a short email with special code in the subject).
    This is the quasi out of band signaling method used in GmailBrowser.
    03-21-13 10:58 PM
    I meant an account from outlook.com or an account from yahoo, etc.

A separate "Notification Account" with push is the best way to send less data on the push itself (the script running on the cloud is sending a short email with special code in the subject).
    This is the quasi out of band signaling method used in GmailBrowser.

OK. well if what you're asking is what sort of free email service would be good for that, I'd guess my first thought would be Outlook.com, since it's free, widely-available, not likely to go away any time soon, and supports Exchange ActiveSync, which should reliably do push messages. And since EAS is Microsoft's own protocol, they're not likely to drop it any time soon like Google did.
    03-22-13 12:09 AM
    Pity you can't get the "secret sauce" that would allow you to access Gmail like a Google-written app would. Not that they have any interest in providing that to anyone else these days...
    03-22-13 12:10 AM
    OK. well if what you're asking is what sort of free email service would be good for that, I'd guess my first thought would be Outlook.com, since it's free, widely-available, not likely to go away any time soon, and supports Exchange ActiveSync, which should reliably do push messages. And since EAS is Microsoft's own protocol, they're not likely to drop it any time soon like Google did.
    Thanks. That is exactly what I meant.

Good points about the outlook.com email service. That makes the service the best candidate for Notification emails for GmailBrowser.

And also thanks for the link to your very useful thread 'BB10: The tl;dr on email retrieval and syncing '.
    Learned a lot from your posts in that thread.
    03-22-13 07:14 AM
    Awesome, glad to help.
    03-22-13 07:39 AM
    Pity you can't get the "secret sauce" that would allow you to access Gmail like a Google-written app would. Not that they have any interest in providing that to anyone else these days...
    It is pity and sad that Google doesn't want to give us BlackBerry 10 users a Gmail app, and they don't want to allow others to do that either.

I wrote GmailBrowser and enabled it with BlackBerry push notification (out of band) as a workaround.

Do you have time to beta test GmailBrowser and help me to improve it?
    03-22-13 10:08 AM
    It is pity and sad that Google doesn't want to give us BlackBerry 10 users a Gmail app, and they don't want to allow others to do that either.

I wrote GmailBrowser and enabled it with BlackBerry push notification (out of band) as a workaround.

Do you have time to beta test GmailBrowser and help me to improve it?

I would consider that but no Z10 yet, not sure about the time thing, I will get back to you on that.
    03-22-13 04:56 PM
137 123 ...