I use gmail, it's configured to the HUB on my passport the default way (imap).

How can I access the Starred and Archive folders?

I browsed the forum here back and forth, and found that flagging a message makes it starred on gmail, and deleting an email on the passport archives it in gmail's server. So how to open those folders? They don't show in the drop down list of folders.

Gmail Archive and Starred folders - how to access them on the Passport-img_20150110_215233.png

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 02:52 PM
    First, Gmail's implementation of IMAP does not render perfectly in native email apps on anything but Android devices. BB 10 and iOS convert Gmail's "labels" to "folders".

Much of what you see in Gmail on the web is filtered views set up on the Gmail servers, for your convenience.

The Archive label is a filtered view of messages that have been moved from the Inbox, but have no label -- you can't access it on your device.

The Starred label is a filtered view of all messages within Gmail marked as Starred. Starred messages appear as "Flagged" on your device. You can see the ones in the Hub easily enough. Ones that have been Starred and received labels can be seen within the folder(s) on your device.

Hope this helps.
    01-10-15 10:27 PM
    Thanks for this, it helps!

The issue is that my current workflow doesnt't work in this setup then. I use the Trusted Tri� of Folders (starred, hold, archive) to reach Inbox Zero. The flagged messages are archives and I look them up in starred.

Are there any good email clients that would work with both the gmail and the hub?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:09 AM
    On my desktop I use Thunderbird, it works with the gmail folders well.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:10 AM
    Sorry, but I don't use any 3rd party email apps on my device. The Hub works great for the way I use Gmail. There may be email apps in BB World that will suit your needs.
    01-11-15 09:39 AM
    I use gmail, it's configured to the HUB on my passport the default way (imap).

How can I access the Starred and Archive folders?

I browsed the forum here back and forth, and found that flagging a message makes it starred on gmail, and deleting an email on the passport archives it in gmail's server. So how to open those folders? They don't show in the drop down list of folders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150110_215233.png 
Views:	366 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	326487

Posted via CB10
    You may try Cobalt's way of installing the Android version of Gmail. I have it installed on my PP and it is working very well

Posted via awesome Passport
    01-11-15 03:25 PM
    You may try Cobalt's way of installing the Android version of Gmail. I have it installed on my PP and it is working very well

Which version of gmail app are you running? I've tried patching and installing a few but I crash every time. If you could upload the apk that would be sweet. You install gsf3 (actual framework apk) to get it to work as well?
    03-22-15 09:37 AM
    Which version of gmail app are you running? I've tried patching and installing a few but I crash every time. If you could upload the apk that would be sweet. You install gsf3 (actual framework apk) to get it to work as well?
    Try this one, am using it. It is already patched.

https://mega.co.nz/#!x4ZhmBiY!W2WNrJ...pNYMrd043nqmBE

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 01:55 PM
    Try this one, am using it. It is already patched.
    Thanks, I ended up fixing the issue. I upgraded the Google Play Services from 5.0.89 to the 6.1.0.5 (beta) and the other apk worked immediately. I'm guessing you don't get notifications in your hub though?

How do you set everything up for a good work flow?
    03-23-15 01:49 PM
    I am still getting notifications normally, don't know if you have any issue..

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:38 PM

I believe Posta does the same thing...

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 05:18 PM
    I am still getting notifications normally, don't know if you have any issue..

Posted via CB10
    You get push notifications to your hub for every Gmail message?
    03-25-15 05:20 PM