Awesome.....and not one single food picture, which is so offensive to the anti Instagram brigade....
    02-27-13 12:30 PM
    Just saw this thread now... (been busy working on redesign)....

HEY NOW OP.... Don't put be misquoting me....

I was very, very careful in how I have worded all of my Instagram-related posts. I said Instagram will come to BlackBerry 10. I said Instragram will be on BlackBerry 10. I never gave a date, nor did I ever say if it would be native or an Android port.

Don't believe everything you read, Instagram is coming to BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Instagram still coming to BlackBerry 10 (but I'm going to give somebody a car anyway) | CrackBerry.com

CrackBerry Asks: How would you feel about Instagram for BlackBerry 10 being an Android port? | CrackBerry.com

Will it come to BlackBerry 10? Of course it will. When? Still not sure. Hopefully sooner than later. It would be in BlackBerry's best interest if it was there for the US launch date. I'd love to see that happen, even if via an Android port to get things going. But if via an Android port, I'm guessing the date of Instagram on BB10 may be more tied to BlackBerry getting the next version of the Android Run Time up and running and pushed out first (stepping up to JellyBean instead of Gingerbread), and I'm guessing that's still a few months away at least. So I guess we'll see... definitely needs to get here FAST.
    Oh God no please no...
    02-27-13 12:34 PM
    See here is the thing I don't care how it works and think it is a massive waste of time like every other un social network out there. It works in the browser? Use it in the browser then use it in the browser and stop crying over non sense or buy an iphone or android and stfu

Posted via CB10
    Awesome.

Tell a consumer to go buy another device other than BB at a time when BB needs every sale it can get. Just because you don't find the app useful.

You realise if BB doesn't turn things around in the consumer market in the U.S. you won't have your BB anymore.
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    02-27-13 12:34 PM
    Everyone is forgetting, this is the age of short attenetion spans. Phones these days "need" to have these programs. Let's not forget, instagram is a "social networking" site for people to trade pictures of their food. Most adults don't care about the programs. And just because you're over 18 doesn't make you an adult.

Absolutely agree.
    02-27-13 12:36 PM
    I'd rather die. People want this I suppose is their choice, but I think it's an absolute waste of memory and bandwidth. Here's my food, look at my shoes, I'm in a club, oh look more food, see my nails, more food, same club same people but we have different duckfaces this time. See my food ...
    So sorry you are so unfamiliar with the concepts of friends and sharing with friends.
    mikeycollins13 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    02-27-13 12:39 PM
    I stand corrected.
    Still, I don't understand the romance with this app but if it draws that many people, it wouldn't hurt BB to have it. If for nothing else, to shut up those whiny Instagrams zealots,
    As much as I would like to shut up all those whiny anti Instagram zealots....
    HedoBum likes this.
    02-27-13 12:42 PM
    Nonsense And Dramatic Post , I have Instagram On My Iphone And The App Is Really Annoyin ,Maybe For Plps that Take Pictures Even Boobles In The Bathroom,Or Plps That Dont Have Friends Or Social Life .... Sorry
    Way back in the 70s, when dinasours ruled the earth, there was a fad called streaking. People ran in the altogether trying to be cool.

During an Oscar ceremony, one such streaker tried to upstage David Niven, who took a look at the man and wondered why people were so keen to show their shortcomings.

The above quoted post is essentially the same thing.

02-27-13 12:47 PM
    I don't think that is accurate.
    Actually it is. There was a news release on it a few weeks or a month ago. I was never interested in the app but if I was as soon as I read that I would have taken down my pictures immediately and deleted my account. If you were into exploitation then go for it otherwise you may want to think long and hard about exactly what you are posting on there.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10!!!
    02-27-13 01:20 PM
    Yes, you read the title. It's another person who's been waiting for IG on the BlackBerry for years now. And when Kevin had us all fired up saying "I'm sure Instagram will be here on launch ". He even swore to buy someone a car lol. Well it's been a month since the launch and...nothing. Not even a peep about one of the most popular apps on the planet. Which us guys use to cyber stock the hottest celebrities around. I've been a BlackBerry user for a long time. I can wait till April fools day for IG, Skype, WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    WOW: That is a really ANGRY bird with a "Robert Capa" Syndrome.... OMG.... I(n)st-eria-gram....
    edit: Ok I believe Instagram would be good for bb pulling people that really need it in and making them happy but threatening with mass murder is not the way to get there...

Link to Kevin's Reply on this --> http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post8042696
    Last edited by Kevin Michaluk; Today at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added a link to my reply to address being misquoted. Get that **** right next time!
    LOL Kevin editing like a BOSS - quite literally
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 02-27-13 at 01:33 PM.
    02-27-13 01:21 PM
    That's bogus, whether you use the app or not. It's border line suicidal for BlackBerry not to have the most popular apps available on bb10. How much would it really take/ cost to get instagram or Skype? Inexcusable
    02-27-13 02:47 PM
    We'll survive with out this app.

Sooo many posts about instagram scattered all across this forum. Don't worry it will be here... and I won't be getting it lol.
    Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    I just want it to appear so that all the discussion about it will disappear... I agree with natural hero, the built in BB Z10 features are great, but I've never really used InstaGram so maybe I'm missing something. Hmmm, still have my iPhone 4S on the shelf, time to recharge the poor little guy and download the app and see what the fuss is about. =)
    02-27-13 03:32 PM
    An IG port is useless

Posted via CB10
    Why is that? I have an Android tablet, just tried it, looks okay to me. Considering it will look exactly the same on the Blackberry, I'm curious what you're thinking by saying that.
    02-27-13 04:09 PM
    That's bogus, whether you use the app or not. It's border line suicidal for BlackBerry not to have the most popular apps available on bb10. How much would it really take/ cost to get instagram or Skype? Inexcusable
    Don't think it's an issue of cost, it's up to the developers to make it or sell it/license it or allow Blackberry to write/help port it. There was one app maker that refused Blackberry permission to port an app if memory serves and Blackberry even offered to build it (like they built the Facebook App, amongst others). If the person / company who owns the apps refuses to give permission, what is Blackberry supposed to do? Go ahead and make it in violation of copyright law? Please, think about it for just one second.

BTW, you're new here, so you might not have heard but Skype and Instagram are both coming to Blackberry 10 (Z10, Q10, etc) as an Android ported app. Best guess, since no one knows for sure is March most likely around the time the phone finally launches in the U.S.
    02-27-13 04:11 PM
    Actually it is. There was a news release on it a few weeks or a month ago. I was never interested in the app but if I was as soon as I read that I would have taken down my pictures immediately and deleted my account. If you were into exploitation then go for it otherwise you may want to think long and hard about exactly what you are posting on there.

Ah.. you think that's the policy. Mind posting an excerpt of the TOS where this is detailed?

You won't find it, FYI.
    02-27-13 04:18 PM
    I understand what your saying but what about people who don't have twitter? I have twitter but I never upload pictures on there via twitter I do it via instagram its a lot easier (for me)
    Plus, when you follow someone on twitter to view their pictures you have to scroll through all their tweets....instagram just keeps the pictures.

It's more then just an editing photo app...its a social networking beast, its like painting a picture of your life and adventures through pictures.
    Hmm, well maybe because i use ubersocial (on bb6) but i'm able to see pictures within people's tweets,..the most annoying thing i find is when people post instagram pictures in twitter but it gives a link which takes you out of the app. Also there are a lot more twitter users than instagram (i guess cause it came out 1st)...and of the features you mentioned that can already be done on facebook...i guess what i'm trying to understand is what is the point of instagram other than picture filters?...
    Now on the flip side, like you said if you don't have twitter than i guess there is a use for it especially If you're not on Facebook either, such as one of my friends, but as far as i know, she is the only one of my friends that is not on Facebook or twitter...and the only reason i would join instagram is because she's fine as ****... ....but i certainly wouldn't lose sleep if it wasn't on my phone...maybe because i'm a simple guy with simple needs...the only apps i would use regularly would be a gps, map, and a radio app...everything else is a novelty that i can access through a web browser... But that's just me.
    02-27-13 04:30 PM
    Yes yes, kill them all!! If we can't have instagram than no one can!
    Bwahhahahah!!!
    02-27-13 04:58 PM
    Ah.. you think that's the policy. Mind posting an excerpt of the TOS where this is detailed?

You won't find it, FYI.
    I could care less if I could find it or not. I am not about to look either. And I did not say policy I said there was a news release. Next time read the post for what it literally says and not some between the lines BS.

02-27-13 05:52 PM
    I could care less if I could find it or not. I am not about to look either. And I did not say policy I said there was a news release. Next time read the post for what it literally says and not some between the lines BS.

LOL. Okay. A news release.

No need to get upset. You were wrong. I'm generally find myself wrong more often than I like (hush, CB). My point was that it helps to know the basis of an objection before having it. It's not meant to make you want to use Instagram, which, to be fair, I struggle to find a use for in my life currently.
    02-27-13 06:02 PM
    Yes yes, kill them all!! If we can't have instagram than no one can!
    Bwahhahahah!!!
    Now I can live with this... LOL.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-27-13 06:04 PM
    Any of the old timers remember when Twitter really hit? We had folks here (and EVERY other tech forum) who swore it was a waste too.
    02-27-13 06:06 PM
    Any of the old timers remember when Twitter really hit? We had folks here (and EVERY other tech forum) who swore it was a waste too.
    lol I still do
    02-27-13 06:22 PM
    see more THAT'S something I just can't get into. I'm constantly on FB with friends, family.....exchanging stuff. I can't remember the last time I had anything to say on Twitter.

But I do follow people.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    02-27-13 06:32 PM
    ...and the only reason i would join instagram is because she's fine as ****... .....
    What the deuce? I've been censored??... You can't say "inferno" on crackberry??... I didn't know this was a Christian site.
    02-27-13 06:42 PM
    The only thing twitter is good for is harassing @asaunders about when instagram is coming
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    02-27-13 06:43 PM
    What the deuce? I've been censored??... You can't say "inferno" on crackberry??... I didn't know this was a Christian site.
    Calm down buddy, there's plenty of f#cking ways to get around that
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    02-27-13 07:13 PM
163 ... 34567