Hi all
    I just published my first app for bb10, and I'd like to know what do you think about it.
    It's available FREE on the BlackBerry World: GeoAlarm - BlackBerry World

It's basically a simple GPS Alarm. You set the destination and the distance threshold and the alarm will ring when you'll approach the target area. This is useful for example if you want to take a nap on the train (the alarm will wake you up at the right time), or if you want to know when you're approaching your destination.

I developed this app in my spare time, and I hope you'll enjoy using it.
    Please let me know what are your thought about it!
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-30-14 05:27 PM
    Thanks for developing for BlackBerry 10 and good luck with your app!
    Will most likely try it out tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 05:42 PM
    Good luck with the app. Interesting concept. Thanks for making it available for free for bb10 users. Not that I use a subway much anymore but I suspect that the gps will not grab satellite info underground.
    03-30-14 08:30 PM
    Yeah, I think it won't work underground, I'm sorry

By the way I plan to upgrade it soon, in order to add active frame and fix some little issues.
    Thank you for your interest!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:06 AM
    I really like your app! I just set it up, I'll tell you if it works after I arrived at my destination

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 05:02 AM
    Thank you! I'm working on an update to fix some minor issues and add the active frame, please let me know if you encounter any issue!

Greetings

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 01:41 PM
    I actually only had the chance to test it once yet. It worked fine but I couldn't check if it vibrated or anything. I unlocked the screen immediately when I arrived at the location cuz I was curious, so it could be that I cancelled the vibration/sound before it appeared. It did however show me a message that I arrived.
    Are there any vibration/sound notifications? I could not find any settings to turn them on/off or alter them. If not, it would be a nice improvement.

Great job, I especially like the simplicity of the app. That's something my apps are always lacking
    Just out of curiosity, what are your plans for the active frame?
    04-08-14 04:21 PM
    In the current release it will behave accordingly to the global notifications settings. That's probably not the perfect solution, so I think in the next release I'll make sure to make it always at least vibrate.

The active frame is definitely a planned feature too. Atm I'm very busy since university exams are approaching and I work part-time too. I'll get back to bb10 development asap!

Posted via CB10
    dev3011 likes this.
    04-09-14 02:55 AM
    Nice idea OP, I can see a lot of school kids using this app!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 03:26 AM
    If you can, I would suggest to give the user the option to choose betw vibrate/sound etc.
    Good luck with ur exams!
    04-09-14 04:04 AM
    Thank you!
    Btw yeah, I should (and I will) definitely put a settings menu

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 04:03 PM