Gasbuddy stopped working back in February 2020 with a "cannot connect to server" error.

Several BlackBerry 10 users have submitted support requests without any responses from the developer.

I am wondering if this is simply an expired certificate situation similar to what happened with BlackBerry World.

If it is indeed an expired certificate, does anyone know how to update the certificate on our phones so that the app can connect to the Gasbuddy server again?

I prefer the layout in the BlackBerry 10 version of Gasbuddy just like I prefer the layout of the BlackBerry 10 version of the Crackberry app vs the corresponding Android versions.

Cheers,

Marc

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 06:27 PM
    Gasbuddy stopped working back in February 2020 with a "cannot connect to server" error.

Several BlackBerry 10 users have submitted support requests without any responses from the developer.

I am wondering if this is simply an expired certificate situation similar to what happened with BlackBerry World.

If it is indeed an expired certificate, does anyone know how to update the certificate on our phones so that the app can connect to the Gasbuddy server again?

I prefer the layout in the BlackBerry 10 version of Gasbuddy just like I prefer the layout of the BlackBerry 10 version of the Crackberry app vs the corresponding Android versions.

Cheers,

Marc

Posted via CB10
    You can't really do anything about it. It works or it doesn't.

The developers can't publish a fix even if they wanted to - BlackBerry World is in static mode until it dies.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-18-20 06:42 PM
    It happened last year as well. I sent an email to Support. They told me they don't support the app anymore. Then a month later, it started working again. Not sure what to make of any of that.
    06-18-20 10:42 PM
    It happened last year as well. I sent an email to Support. They told me they don't support the app anymore. Then a month later, it started working again. Not sure what to make of any of that.
    All you can do is try and contact them and see if they will fix it - if it's a server side issue.

Just have to be realistic and not expect too much....
    06-19-20 07:25 AM

Cheers,

Marc

Posted via CB10
    It appears to be a combination of dropping support due to BBW frozen in time state. The development team actively responds to Android/iOS complaints and issues. Probably not responding to complaints so as not to insult customers and politely assume you’ll the message to use Android/iOS version on different hardware.

The Android version of their app requires ART 5.0 minimum. Sounds like you’ll need to replace your device if using phone browser isn’t good enough.
    06-19-20 07:56 AM
    I already have the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite dual SIM with the BlackBerry Hub+, BlackBerry keyboard and Everywhere Launcher installed that I use mainly as a mini tablet with the occasional calls coming in on the dual SIMs and on the VoIP app (with 2 more numbers).

I still use my Lenovo Phab 2 Pro with BlackBerry apps as a wifi tablet at home when the other phones are charging (VoIP and banking apps) because I love that it is exactly as wide as my Passport but it's just a tad bit too slow to be my regular Android device anymore.

I prefer the BlackBerry 10 Gasbuddy and Crackberry apps over the Android versions.

I will continue to use my Passport for my main phone number, hub and everything else except banking apps until I can't anymore.

The new phones coming out now are just too narrow but that's the way it is now.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-20 09:11 AM
    I already have the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite dual SIM with the BlackBerry Hub+, BlackBerry keyboard and Everywhere Launcher installed that I use mainly as a mini tablet with the occasional calls coming in on the dual SIMs and on the VoIP app (with 2 more numbers).

I still use my Lenovo Phab 2 Pro with BlackBerry apps as a wifi tablet at home when the other phones are charging (VoIP and banking apps) because I love that it is exactly as wide as my Passport but it's just a tad bit too slow to be my regular Android device anymore.

I prefer the BlackBerry 10 Gasbuddy and Crackberry apps over the Android versions.

I will continue to use my Passport for my main phone number, hub and everything else except banking apps until I can't anymore.

The new phones coming out now are just too narrow but that's the way it is now.

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear you’ll still be able to use Gasbuddy. Since both of my trucks get about 10MPG it seems, I’ve used the app plenty of times
    06-19-20 09:26 AM
    Glad to hear you’ll still be able to use Gasbuddy. Since both of my trucks get about 10MPG it seems, I’ve used the app plenty of times
    Use to be a big help when on the road traveling.... but now Google Maps has that feature covered as well. Can see what the price is on gas at the stations along your path and if they are currently open (if traveling really late at night or early morning).

Locally... I go to the same station every week. I guess for you that would be every two days.
    06-19-20 10:47 AM
    Use to be a big help when on the road traveling.... but now Google Maps has that feature covered as well. Can see what the price is on gas at the stations along your path and if they are currently open (if traveling really late at night or early morning).

Locally... I go to the same station every week. I guess for you that would be every two days.
    Let’s just say Racetrac, Thornton’s and Wawa staff know me friendly enough..
    06-19-20 11:38 AM