Please all who agree, let's let BlackBerry know that we want to be able to uninstall, d, and / or disable their very annoying Games app. My issue is that I have no interest or intention in using it and I'm forced to dismiss it for many of my games. And, while it wasn't a problem initially, this week it has consistently prevented Retro Run from opening.

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-13-13 04:14 PM
    How do you know that the game center is the problem with opening the app?

I personally love the app, and I don't agree with giving the user the ability to uninstall it. BB needs to push their own built in apps, just like all the other OS's do.
    04-13-13 04:52 PM
    Because Retro Run's intro runs fine and then quits, seemingly forced to by the appearance of the Games app.

I don't understand why one would oppose the option of not having the app on their device, whether or not it interfered with other apps.

Perhaps BlackBerry has a revenue stream from the app; however let them enjoy such revenue from those who want and use the app.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:01 PM
    Hi, I am working as the product manager of the Games app and want to thank for the feedback! Highly appreciated.
    We are improving the user experience and feature set and are pleased to hear what the gamers think.

We see that all games will be social in the future similar to Youtube videos, Pinterest images or status updates on Twitter or Facebook. Our goal is to drive discoverability of games by sharing social gaming moments such as a user unlocking an achievement or reaching a high score. For the gamers we want to make it easier to find new and interesting games to play. The experience should be easy and unobtrusive. Based on your feedback, we are not there yet. Thanks again for the feedback, I will address this issue and find a solution to improve it.
    04-22-13 06:29 AM
    Hi, I am working as the product manager of the Games app and want to thank for the feedback! Highly appreciated.
    We are improving the user experience and feature set and are pleased to hear what the gamers think.

We see that all games will be social in the future similar to Youtube videos, Pinterest images or status updates on Twitter or Facebook. Our goal is to drive discoverability of games by sharing social gaming moments such as a user unlocking an achievement or reaching a high score. For the gamers we want to make it easier to find new and interesting games to play. The experience should be easy and unobtrusive. Based on your feedback, we are not there yet. Thanks again for the feedback, I will address this issue and find a solution to improve it.
    Thanks for addressing this issue! I'm looking forward to being able to delete this app and download games without announcements to my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:48 PM

Please make the settings editable, so I can choose when I want my friends know what I'm playing and when I don't want anyone know I'm playing games. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-23-13 03:11 PM

Not everyone is social, which is why you'll see YouTube usernames like Chuck Norris or Tyler Durden.

For those of us that don't want to publish or announce gaming activities on our device, we should have the option to delete the app, or at least eny it access to BBM.

Games Social Gaming Hub by RIM - Annoying!-img_00000330.png
    Games Social Gaming Hub by RIM - Annoying!-img_00000329.png

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:53 PM

Soupala, with apologies for my tardy thanks for your monitoring and response to my concern, I do very much thank you. I haven't been as diligent in monitoring this thread. I do hope you make it an option to participate.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:57 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what people are ranting about!

From my experience, games progress a nd updates will only show in the Games app and the contacts there must be added manually and are not the same as your bbm list!

So how can u add or accept requests then complaon that they see your games progress!

Further to that, it seems to just magically collect my progress without any popups are xonnecting requests.

I really like it to be honest

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:42 PM
    Can we get the option to unlink it from BBM please.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:57 PM
    Or maybe a "Do Not Ask Again" box we can click. This way it is there but unobtrusive until WE want it.
    05-11-13 09:50 PM
    I'm glad Blackberry is actively working on apps like this, but I agree with the OP that the app should be able to be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:56 PM
    01 Jun 13 Update : having removed and deleted Retro Run from my Z10 after my original post I downloaded and installed RR again today with same original problem remaining. "Games" app doesn't seem to interfere with the other games on my device. So that problem seems to be resident in the RR game, not the Games app. Nonetheless, I still find the Games app to be an annoyance. And, I deduce that if the Games app was not on my device or I could disable it then I would be able to play RR.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:31 AM
    I want the choose in who u share with what. There I want the option to get rid of this 'spam' app. (not wanted or asked for)

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 09:13 PM
    Re: comment about RIM or BB advancing marketing and awareness of their apps and games. We are still the consumers who pay for our phones and the usage thereof. It is my right to play my games in pvt and choose NOT to share with friends. If I can't uninstall the games app then why can't I edit the permissions in settings? EVERY app should be able to have its permissions edited in settings. A simple switch from ON to OFF without it self-installing and then preventing you from reversing it.
    09-10-13 03:07 AM
    almost 5 mths later and nothing has changed
    09-10-13 03:09 AM