Hey guys,

I had a Blackberry a few years ago (8900) and have recently decided to get the new Z10. I actually bought stock in RIMM 7 months ago and have been watching Blackberry pretty closely lately. Four of my colleagues just bought the new Z10 and two of them are actually coming from Android. I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S III and must say that I do like it but I love what Blackberry has done with the new operating system and the overall fit and finish of the phone. What I enjoy about S3 is that it is super fast and I like the quality of the pictures and videos it takes. Everything seems to work with Google (Gmail, Google Drive, Calender, maps, play world etc) so my question is do you guys have that same feeling that everything just works? Also I am not one to care about Skype or Instagram or any of these mainstream apps but how do you guys feel about the app database for BB10 in terms of apps that make your life easier? Can you guys help me out with app recommendations or advise about the following kinds of apps.

1) Banking Apps for TD & CIBC
    2) Personal budget/finance apps
    3) Note taking/checklist apps
    4) Google Places/Local type of app . Is Google Maps coming to BB10?

What I like about the Galaxy is that if I have an idea or an interest I simply go to the play store and search for it and I get a lot of options to choose from I just want to make sure I will be able to have a similar experience with the Z10. I know it is a new OS but do you guys feel that what you need in terms of Apps is readily available among those 100,000 apps to choose from.

Thanks
    Last edited by topoftheboard; 03-24-13 at 11:51 PM.
    03-24-13 11:32 PM
    take a look here for the current availability of apps that may be important to you.

BlackBerry World - Free & Paid BlackBerry Apps for Smartphones & Tablets

Thank you for looking into this first and being educated about the system overall before buying the z10, finding that it doesn't have the apps that are important to you, and then coming back here posting about how it sucked and you returned it. This will keep you from looking like a troll. Good luck. Hope BB10 has enough of the apps you need.

As far as things working I can't attest to that yet as I am waiting on Verizon.
    03-25-13 12:05 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry! And an early "welcome back to BlackBerry" too!
    Please update your profile to include your device (er, when you get it), carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

1) Banking Apps for TD & CIBC
    2) Personal budget/finance apps
    3) Note taking/checklist apps
    4) Google Places/Local type of app . Is Google Maps coming to BB10?
    1. Banking apps for TD, CIBC, and RBC are all confirmed on their way, but we don't have an exact release date yet.
    2. Pageonce is best financial oversight app. You can set it up now from your PC's browser so it's ready to go soon as you DL the app.
    3. There are a few. Several appear to be free and good.
    4. Not familiar with GPlaces. There are a few local interest apps. I DLed Spotcast but haven't tried yet. Hopefully Poynt is coming...
    5. Unsure about GMaps. I hope so too! In the meantime, you can sideload GMaps Android app relatively easily.

What I like about the Galaxy is that if I have an idea or an interest I simply go to the play store and search for it and I get a lot of options to choose from I just want to make sure I will be able to have a similar experience with the Z10. I know it is a new OS but do you guys feel that what you need in terms of Apps is readily available among those 100,000 apps to choose from.
    I'm okay with the app selection. There are more and more showing up every week.
    For now, you can review the selection from your PC's browser via the BB World webstore:
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...&userauth=true
    03-25-13 12:07 AM
    A couple of apps to cover some of the ones you are looking for below.

1)?
    2)Pageonce for BlackBerry 10 makes managing your money simple! | CrackBerry.com
    3)I won't be going shopping without this app - Check out Stuff I Need for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com plus we its has remember built in.
    4) not sure about yet

hope this helps a little
    03-25-13 12:11 AM
    If you are an Evernote user, it's integrated into the native Reminders app. It's not as fully featured as the actual Evernote app on the other OS' (including the legacy BBOS) but nice to have nonetheless.

In general, I find the BB10 app situation better than BBOS, but obviously still behind iOS and Android. But with a combination of what's there and a few side loads, I'm not missing too much. I use to always leave the house with BlackBerry in one pocket, and iPod touch in the other to pick up the slack where the BB was deficient. Since I've had the Z10, I've done that a lot less.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-25-13 01:11 AM
    I do understand that banking apps are simple & east to use.. they are coming. it is a new OS. apple & android didn't have them on day one when they were new... in the meantime, just go to the back website. turn flash on & set your device to desktop mode if you feel the need to view as if you are using a desktop PC ...
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-25-13 01:34 AM