Hello,

Until last year, I used bPod for all my podcast needs. Worked great. That is until the feeds for certain apps changed somehow and the app is no longer able to download episodes from certain podcasts. I tried Nobex, but most the podcasts I listen to aren't available in their options. I tried multiple Android apps, including Antennapod which used to have a BlackBerry app (its still in the BB World, just doesn't work), and all of them also fail to download from these specific podcasts. The only app I can find that downloads episodes from these feeds, is Podcasts-to-Go, a very old BB app. It doesn't have any notifications and doesn't tell me when new episodes are available, so I have to check all the time to see if any new updates have occurred.

Anyway, does anyone have a idea of a podcast app that might work with all podcast feeds? Thanks!
    01-25-21 09:20 AM
    Hello,

Until last year, I used bPod for all my podcast needs. Worked great. That is until the feeds for certain apps changed somehow and the app is no longer able to download episodes from certain podcasts. I tried Nobex, but most the podcasts I listen to aren't available in their options. I tried multiple Android apps, including Antennapod which used to have a BlackBerry app (its still in the BB World, just doesn't work), and all of them also fail to download from these specific podcasts. The only app I can find that downloads episodes from these feeds, is Podcasts-to-Go, a very old BB app. It doesn't have any notifications and doesn't tell me when new episodes are available, so I have to check all the time to see if any new updates have occurred.

Anyway, does anyone have a idea of a podcast app that might work with all podcast feeds? Thanks!
    Try this Android app:

https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/podcast-addict/4.5.1/

Just deselect the internal audio and video player.
    01-25-21 09:41 AM
    Try this Android app:

https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/podcast-addict/4.5.1/

Just deselect the internal audio and video player.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried but get the same error as other apps. Here is what it gives me and what Antennapod shows. Fully Functional Podcast App-img_20210125_111348.jpgFully Functional Podcast App-img_20210125_111539.jpg
    01-25-21 10:23 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried but get the same error as other apps. Here is what it gives me and what Antennapod shows. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210125_111348.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	450344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210125_111539.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	450345
    I have no trouble streaming that episode though.
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    01-25-21 10:30 AM
    I have no trouble streaming that episode though.
    Oh yeah I can stream them, I just wanted to download them for playing offline. I should've been more clear. I live in a very rural area where service is extremely spotty. So I like to listen when I drive w/o any cell service.
    01-25-21 10:32 AM
    Oh yeah I can stream them, I just wanted to download them for playing offline. I should've been more clear. I live in a very rural area where service is extremely spotty. So I like to listen when I drive w/o any cell service.
    Well, unfortunately BB10 is losing the battle with time. Standards are evolving and security certificates are being renewed.
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    01-25-21 10:38 AM
    Well, unfortunately BB10 is losing the battle with time. Standards are evolving and security certificates are being renewed.
    Is this why we can't download pods on any BB10 player?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-21 08:21 AM
    Is this why we can't download pods on any BB10 player?

Posted via CB10
    It would seem.
    01-26-21 08:38 AM
    "Podcasts" in BB World worked okay last time I tried (shortly after I noticed bPod stopped working for most podcasts). It likely won't have notifications nor other bells and whistles but it downloaded most everything I tried. If possible, try to get the URLs for http feeds and put those in manuallys.

But as others have said, BB10 is dead in the water. Anything that even semi-works at this point should be considered a victory.
    01-26-21 12:46 PM
    "Podcasts" in BB World worked okay last time I tried (shortly after I noticed bPod stopped working for most podcasts). It likely won't have notifications nor other bells and whistles but it downloaded most everything I tried. If possible, try to get the URLs for http feeds and put those in manuallys.

But as others have said, BB10 is dead in the water. Anything that even semi-works at this point should be considered a victory.
    The important stuff still works for me. I'm enjoying it as much as when launched if not more. (I do double carry at times, but mainly dating app nonsense on Android.)

Posted via CB10
    01-26-21 07:04 PM
    The important stuff still works for me. I'm enjoying it as much as when launched if not more. (I do double carry at times, but mainly dating app nonsense on Android.)

Posted via CB10
    Good! Keep enjoying as long as it lasts. Certainly not knocking the OS and I admire it. Just saying, it's no surprise that things like podcasts don't work as well as in the past and workarounds are often needed.
    Last edited by mh1983; 01-27-21 at 12:54 PM.
    01-26-21 07:19 PM

I'll give it a try. Podcast to Go, also on BBWorld also downloads every podcast I've tried, but it is really lacking as well. Thanks!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-27-21 09:52 AM