I had installed an app that was free but with the newer version of the app, it is no longer free. Would I need to pay to install the newer version?

Posted via CB10 / 10.2.1.1925
    04-09-14 08:34 PM
    Sometimes that happens to me but once I take it , it just downloads and I don't have to pay.
    04-09-14 08:39 PM
    Depends. BeBuzz has that exact model: buy the app, pay for updates.

Some other apps go from free to paid and you just download them back when needed.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:50 PM
    What app are we talking about? Would be easier to say then

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 08:52 PM
    I got the paid app, Star Tracker as a free app last Christmas. It has updated several times since then, and I can still download it for free, as long as you don't delete it from all the apps you've downloaded before.

Posted via a RFG81UW device
    04-09-14 08:56 PM
    as long as you don't delete it from all the apps you've downloaded before.

As far as I know, there is no way of doing that.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-10-14 03:30 AM

Yep, there is an uninstall option and a delete option in BlackBerry World. Uninstall just uninstalls it for later use if needed(then found in the available tab), delete just deletes it from both your device and the available tab

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:48 AM

You long press the app you want to remove until the side menu pops in and you'll have the option of removing it from your cloud.
    04-10-14 09:20 AM

Well, what you knew didn't gone far enough like what we knew. Long pressing an app from your 'Available' tab can delete the app from 'My World'. It means that if you purchased that app, deleted it from the said tab and wanted it back, you have to purchase it again.

04-10-14 12:51 PM
    I had the paid version of Star Tracker then I uninstalled it but didn't delete it. When I tried to reinstall and update it the "download" tab is on screen, but then I get a "You must purchase this app" banner that comes up, with no redirect to a purchase page as usual.

I don't know what to do next. The link to the developer's website won't go through. It leads to a blog.com web page that gives a bad Gateway page. Any ideas? Thanks!

? Lovin' BB10! ?
    06-13-14 07:50 PM
    I had the paid version of Star Tracker then I uninstalled it but didn't delete it. When I tried to reinstall and update it the "download" tab is on screen, but then I get a "You must purchase this app" banner that comes up, with no redirect to a purchase page as usual.

I don't know what to do next. The link to the developer's website won't go through. It leads to a blog.com web page that gives a bad Gateway page. Any ideas? Thanks!

? Lovin' BB10! ?
    I'm not sure how long after a purchase this works or maybe they can reset some pointer....

refund

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en

edited to add: I was just going to go check in BBworld for the app. But before I even did that, it showed up as an UPDATE for my installation.
    06-14-14 10:12 AM
    Depends. BeBuzz has that exact model: buy the app, pay for updates.

Some other apps go from free to paid and you just download them back when needed.

Posted via CB10

I never paid for an Update of BeBuzz! There went something wrong on your side clearly, sometimes bb world messes things up a little. Apps you already have downloaded once are free to download, no matter if they are paid or free now.

A different story is when the dev releases the once free app as a new app and deletes the old. Then it just is what it is, a new app, no matter if it is exactly the same as before or not. It's new for bb world, so u have to pay for it. If it is the same app as ever, under the same ID from the same dev etc, then it's always free after your first purchase/download.
    06-14-14 04:40 PM
    Yep, there is an uninstall option and a delete option in BlackBerry World. Uninstall just uninstalls it for later use if needed(then found in the available tab), delete just deletes it from both your device and the available tab

Posted via CB10

you actually just delete it from "My World" in BlackBerry world.
    06-14-14 05:18 PM