You're tired of waiting so you move to WP8? Sounds like the definition of insanity to me.

Pick up an iPad or iPod or Android tablet like the rest of us.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247/Telus

This is only a stepping stone until I can save up to buy an off contract 5s.

But it still has more and better native apps than BB10. And it will also be getting Swarm.
    07-24-14 10:49 AM
    Who cares about Swarm. Foursquare has confirmed that BlackBerry users can continue to check-in using the Foursquare app so what's the big deal?
    07-24-14 10:59 AM
    foursquare sent an email that the ability to check in via foursquare will not work anymore as of today. where did you see that it will still work for bb10? also, as i far as i understand, for those that care about getting a mayorship, you wont be able to do that through the foursquare app. ill give swarm a try, but im not hopeful.
    07-24-14 11:31 AM
    It's sad that foursquare decided that, it was one of the big apps that always stuck with BlackBerry. If this swarm app doesn't come even as an android version, either to BlackBerry world or Amazon store, I think it'll be time to abandon BlackBerry, at least as my main phone. Maaan this sucks.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:36 AM
    foursquare sent an email that the ability to check in via foursquare will not work anymore as of today. where did you see that it will still work for bb10? also, as i far as i understand, for those that care about getting a mayorship, you wont be able to do that through the foursquare app. ill give swarm a try, but im not hopeful.
    The developer tweeted that it would.
    Foursquare and Swarm on BlackBerry 10-screen-shot-2014-07-24-5.18.32-pm.jpg

And I also just tested it out...all is good. Go install Swarm from Snap....then you'll delete it like I did.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247/Telus
    07-24-14 11:43 AM
    Wow, looks like we'll end up with nothing (or a ported Swarm) :/ Today I checked the BB World since all the news about Foursquare turning into Swarm and I couldn't find the native Foursquare app that has been there all the time. I only managed to find it via direct link from the 4SQR website and it still works fine, but I'm afraid it won't for long. Anyway - in case anybody wasn't able to find the good ol' native app, here's the shortlink I created: foursquare - BlackBerry World
    I find it normally...

Foursquare and Swarm on BlackBerry 10-img_20140724_135123.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 100-1.
    07-24-14 11:52 AM
    From Foursquare Support Team:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Currently we do not have any plans to create a version of Swarm for Blackberry. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

We do however encourage users to keeping checking in via the mobile web. To do this, please head over to http://m.foursquare.com/ from your mobile device.
    07-24-14 02:05 PM
    From Foursquare Support Team:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Currently we do not have any plans to create a version of Swarm for Blackberry. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

We do however encourage users to keeping checking in via the mobile web. To do this, please head over to http://m.foursquare.com/ from your mobile device.
    yeah...i got the same response. I think its a bit of a crock. they will support wp8, but not bb. i havent seen a wp outside of a carrier store
    pgg101 likes this.
    07-24-14 03:05 PM
    Now where does that leave the current foursquare app? Will they be abandoning it?

Posted via CB10
    I think the current foursquare app on BB10 will work as usual but will receive no further updates. The foursquare app on Android, on the other hand, has different functionality now and all checkins are to be done on the Swarm app.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:09 PM
    I am still able to checkin. Mayorships are a different matter now even on Swarm, such that you only have to contend with your friends. Also, it's not much of a big deal on Swarm as compared to the old Foursquare. I rarely get Mayorship notifications (on Swarm) even when checking in at my house. Also... the badges are gone (???).

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:13 PM
    I find it normally...
    Now I am able too, but yesterday it was nowhere to be found. Well at least they let us use the native app and don't block check-ins. The native BB10 app may not be the prettiest, but it works better than the WP8 one. For example on WP8.1 (not sure if WP8 too) you're not able to set notifications for friends.
    07-25-14 08:49 AM
    According to this post in N4BB us the BB10 user will be able to keep using our current 4SQ app. I'm sure eventually, sooner or later they will need to develop a native Swarm experience for BB10, I guess so, since we already had 4SQ, it's not the case that we didn't have any previews app, I guess (don't know maybe i'm wrong) with the existing version of 4SQ it should be not that difficult to adapt that version to a new and native Swarm.... let's see what's going on!

See this link: http://n4bb.com/foursquare-checkins-blackberry-work/
    07-25-14 04:11 PM
    According to this post in N4BB us the BB10 user will be able to keep using our current 4SQ app. I'm sure eventually, sooner or later they will need to develop a native Swarm experience for BB10, I guess so, since we already had 4SQ, it's not the case that we didn't have any previews app, I guess (don't know maybe i'm wrong) with the existing version of 4SQ it should be not that difficult to adapt that version to a new and native Swarm.... let's see what's going on!

See this link: http://n4bb.com/foursquare-checkins-blackberry-work/
    Why would they feel the need to develop a BlackBerry 10 app?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 04:31 AM
    Why would they feel the need to develop a BlackBerry 10 app?

Posted via CB10
    Because it seems like in the future 4sq will stop working

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    07-26-14 01:29 PM
    Because it seems like in the future 4sq will stop working

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    Yeah, but how is that better than just abandoning the app? How do they decide for development instead of abandoning?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 05:44 PM
40 12